NWN2 Interview @ RPGDot

Dhruin

Like prison?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You totally failed your funnyness check. A grue ate you.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Being here is like an insane asylum ran by the inmates.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

• 1 month later...
Yes, they were. Afterall,  seems to me that the main villain of BG1 was hiding on a sewer. And, in BG2, more thana  few side quests were found or connected to a sewer.

So by association, does that mean that Baldur's Gate villains stinked?

Stunk.

RPGDot: Can you expand on the role of the player stronghold?

Darren Monahan: Unfortunately, not quite yet, but we do have a bunch of information scheduled to come out about it over the next few months!

Player strongholds!

RPGDot: You've said that existing dialogue and scripts can be imported into NWN2 and existing modules can be ported with "minimal fuss" - what does this mean, exactly? What about converting art assets?

Darren Monahan: We've kept mum about this for awhile, because we don't want to promise the world on this one. Unfortunately keeping complete parity with NWN1 modules will be impossible given the changes to exteriors, the upgrade to 3.5 rules (as many skills, feats and spells have changed), as well as other technical issues that make it not a simple upgrade path.

We are however taking great pains to insure users can import their dialogs and scripts, which are often the bulk of time-consuming work. We can't guarantee this until we ship, but that's still our goal.

Woo-hoo! That's pretty big news for the community. 8)

RPGDot: How powerful is the new conversation editor and what sort of things can module builders achieve in dialogue without additional scripting?

Chris Avellone (Creative Director): The ability to cut and paste global scripts throughout the dialogue and have generic scripts that you simply plug numbers into is a blessing. By this I mean, if you need a script that checks to see if a player's intelligence is over a certain value, there's a generic script you can use that allows you to enter a field number for any value you want right in the conversation editor

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT