PhantomJedi

Do you go hunting?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you go hunting?

• Heck ya, proud member of PETA.*
    • Yes.
    • No.
    • Never, proud member of PETA.**

As a friend once put it: "Why do I go angling? Why, for the satisfaction of outwitting the fish, of course!"

Does he talk the fish into biting the hook? :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

No, I don't hunt. I just kill flies. :)

Hunting because you need/want food is one thing, hunting because you want a trophy on your wall or just want target practice is another. Hunters who shoot something and actually use/freeze the meat (most/all of it, not just a tiny bit of it) don't bother me...not everyone likes processed grocery-store goods - but the rest...meh. This includes fisherman, btw. At least fishermen can catch n release most of the time for their 'sport'. Bullets make that option rather hard.

And yes, sometimes animal populations get out of control re: human settlements, and I suppose I understand that too...overpopulated deer starving is part of nature's way, and if people want to hurry the process a little for meat and prudence, so be it.

Hunting animals that are nearing extinction tho...or hunting to extinction because humans don't want to share land with "dangerous predators/livestock thieves" - I'm very very against that.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

And yes, sometimes animal populations get out of control re: human settlements, and I suppose I understand that too...overpopulated deer starving is part of nature's way, and if people want to hurry the process a little for meat and prudence, so be it.

It's not just that the hunters want meat, it's the disease that follows the hunger and starvation that's the real bitch. 'Specially since a lot of it spreads over into other species.

I've never gone hunting myself, but I don't have a problem with it. The few times I've tried some kind of meat obtained this way instead of a slaughterhouse, I found it tasted much better, though.

So I guess hunting is fine with me. Killing animals just for the hell of it is stupid, however. I don't see where the thrill is in killing a bear from 500 metres with a high powered rifle.

Stupid, but not wrong. Animals don't have civil rights. There are much worse things happening out there to sentient beings to worry about such nonsense.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

To me it's not about civil rights for animals...it's about the level of racial maturity that such useless and pointless 'sport' says about the human race.

That and I like creature diversity. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, I already said it's stupid. Somebody that routinely engages in a stupid activity might safely be considered a stupid himself.

Sport hunters are a very reduced group, however. I don't think it's a representative sample of the maturity state of the human race.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Never been hunting, I would definitely like to go hunting. I dont think there are any cool animals here though. :lol:

To the people that disapprove, y'all better be vegetarian.

I am not a vegetarian but I don't approve of hunting. The way I see it, hunting is an archaic form of gathering food that is no longer needed in a modern society. If we lived back in the 17th century somewhere inthe backwoods I would have no problem hunting, but I don't and I live less than 4 blocks to a grocer.

Boomstick go boooom!, deer head go splorsts!!!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hunting is a neccessity if only to keep the prey populations healthy.  When there's too many deer, they run out of food and start getting sickly and dying.

In either case, the animals die and the population is back at a healthy amount. Same difference, except you're exhausting more effort than needed. We always just let the problems solve itself and it works fine.

Hunting is crap. Respect your equels, ****er. Your life is not worth a grain more than theirs. I hope someone starts picking hunters off with a hunting rifle just for irony.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Hunting is crap. Respect your equels, ****er. Your life is not worth a grain more than theirs.

That is a random assumption to make, as life has no intrinsic "value". However, man has the power to kill any animal. And in the wild, might makes right.

So, whatever.

STAB! BLOOD! UNIDENTIFIED GORY BITS!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It just occurred to me that if all our meat were free range, we'd have no choice but to hunt.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I hunt. Moose, ripa (a kind of bird, no idea what you englishsissies call it), hare, fox, you name it. My problem is that I don't have a hunting license, but since my father mostly don't have weapon licenses for his guns (which I borrow) it doesn't matter much. I don't like killing things though, I am too squeamish for that, but I do enjoy shooting at random things in the wild :wacko:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

How bad are you at shooting? You hunt, but don't like killing? Are you a stormtrooper?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

No, I don't hunt. Like COF I also live in a rural area filled with both predators and prey, so there is the occasional necessity to kill mountain lions, coyotes, rattlesnakes and the like that endanger humans and livestock.

If my family was starving, I'd hunt to feed them; however, I find no thrill in murdering defenseless animals for the so-called sport of it.

I've lived in big cities all my life so I've never really thought about it.

As long as the rats in the subways don't get too big and the alligators stay in the sewers where they belong, I don't think hunting has much purpose anymore. But I guess it doesn't really bother me either.

A person's take on hunting probably has a lot to do with where they grow up, I would imagine.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.