Whatever happened to F.E.A.R ?

Kaftan Barlast

TSL awful?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

ya noes!

Seriously the ending rocked, what's yo problem?

I suppose you love those movies were the main character wakes up and finds out his adventure was all a dream...

Or how about the ending to the movie Carrie?

FEAR had an awful ending, period.

I like endings where some things get left to the imagination. A trait that some people lack :shifty:"

System Shock 2 is still the scariest game I've ever played. Actually, I think it's the only game that's ever managed to genuinely scare me. It was so bad that I couldn't play for more than ~fifteen minutes at a time because it stressed me out so much..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

System Shock 2 is still the scariest game I've ever played. Actually, I think it's the only game that's ever managed to genuinely scare me. It was so bad that I couldn't play for more than ~fifteen minutes at a time because it stressed me out so much..

"They see you! Run. Run!" :ph34r:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I was interested there for a second before I realized I'd never be able to play it. >_<

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Define "started."

Define "significance."

The reason why I asked you what you meant by started, was because Wolf3D was NOT the first ever FPS.

As for impact, Doom dominated Wolf3D in basic shareware distributions as well as sales. And it was actually 3D. Wolfenstein is played on an entirely flat plane...there is no Z-axis.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Wolfenstein 3D. In fact, I enjoyed the original Escape from Castle Wolfenstein, which was not 3D nor was it a shooter in the modern sense of the word.

I'm intrigued by System Shock 2 and I might just buy it.

I do agree with you, alan. Doom really was a huge step forward for FPSs. How's this for a definition of significant: Doom 3 took FPSs from bit players to true significance. *shrug* We can argue, but I've already made my opinions known.

Finally, there were two areas where I heard a phone ringing in FEAR. I answered the first and it made some funky sounds. I never found the second phone. Anyone give me a spoiler on what it said. Other than that, I think I pretty much scoured everything regarding the story from the game, including the little bit at the end of the credits.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Looks good, actually. God I need a job...so I can afford all these games.

- Everlast

I was interested there for a second before I realized I'd never be able to play it.  :(

Not a chance...

Now go play it Lovewolf and Eldar!

(w00t) Thanks for the link.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Anyone know how I can get the sound to work in the game? It's silent. The cutscenes works, but everything is upside down.

Don't you all appreciate the new assinine editing scheme?

Edited by Eldar

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Go to TTLG. There you can find everything you need to get it working.

Heja Sverige!!

No such thing is there ? Different things creep out different people.

Nothing particularly scary springs to mind about SS2. There was always the not feeling like you have enough ammo, but thats common to survival horror games.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

No such thing is there ? Different things creep out different people.

Nothing particularly scary springs to mind about SS2. There was always the not feeling like you have enough ammo, but thats common to survival horror games.

That's what so great about SS2. That sense of fear it creates in the player without it having anything that's inherently scary. I still don't know why the monkeys' screams scared me to death or why the robots asking me if I need anything fill me with dread. It's truly amazing. :ph34r:

Heja Sverige!!