Whatever happened to F.E.A.R ?

Kaftan Barlast

Fear is quite a lot of fun. Not to hard or scary though.

post-378-1139010455_thumb.jpg

post-378-1139010472_thumb.jpg

post-378-1139010488_thumb.jpg

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Blood and gore just like Bloodlines.  :wub:

? WHere did you get that idea? Its nothing like Bloodlines, and there is no real blood and gore. Mostly its a straight up merc fight. Closer to Far CRy by far than Bloodlines.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

No blood splatters?

There's a blood-drenched room, people explode into a cloud of red mist and chunks when hit with a grenade, limbs get blown off, they get ripped in half, people get melted to nothing but skeletons, leaving a gorey mess...there's a room filled to your waist with blood....etc. etc.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

No blood splatters?

There's a blood-drenched room, people explode into a cloud of red mist and chunks when hit with a grenade, limbs get blown off, they get ripped in half, people get melted to nothing but skeletons, leaving a gorey mess...there's a room filled to your waist with blood....etc. etc.

WoW! A vampire's wet dream!

FEAR is a standard FPS game that mixes straight up combat againt mercs and some various machines with little dream/halluncination bits that contain some grotesque sounds/images.

I don't mean that in a bad way either. Its quite fun, but its not particulalrly bloody or ghoulish any more than standard FPS fare. Its certainly less so than a SOF or Hitman.

FEAR is a standard FPS game that mixes straight up combat againt mercs and some various machines with little dream/halluncination bits that contain some grotesque sounds/images.

I don't mean that in a bad way either.  Its quite fun, but its not particulalrly bloody or ghoulish any more than standard FPS fare.  Its certainly less so than a SOF or Hitman.

I actually thought it was worse than those two...and I've played both...maybe because it's better in terms of graphics, and the parts are done in a more memorable way. It's much more.....personal.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast