When will it end?

Gabrielle

2. It will kill millions of innocent lives. Note that all the aggression against the US is because you take innocent lives. More would only draw us (Asians, Europeans) into the hands of the Nuke-countries, as we would all love to level the US then...

What aggression would that be? Surely you don't mean al-Qaeda. I know you're not suggesting they're after us because we "take innocent lives." No, I think you mean European pissing and moaning. Interesting to note that it's about the same amount, or possibly more, pissing and moaning as the Europeans direct at the terrorists for taking far more innocent lives, far more deliberately. Since France or Sweden or Denmark has yet to decide to stop pissing and moaning and start doing something about la terroristas, I have very little worry about those same countries, and the others like them, deciding to do anything other than blather towards the US. If you're powerless, why should we listen to you? You're not necessarily right.

And again, I ask: who discovered and publicized the Abu Ghraib prison abuse stuff, Battlewookiee? I'll bet you twenty dollars you can't tell me.

Since France or Sweden or Denmark has yet to decide to stop pissing and moaning and start doing something about la terroristas, I have very little worry about those same countries, and the others like them, deciding to do anything other than blather towards the US

Maybe they won't moan and piss about terrorists because the terrorists are no problem for them since they don't actively support the "World Preserver and Majorly Spoiled Brat" USA...

Since France or Sweden or Denmark has yet to decide to stop pissing and moaning and start doing something about la terroristas, I have very little worry about those same countries, and the others like them, deciding to do anything other than blather towards the US

Maybe they won't moan and piss about terrorists because the terrorists are no problem for them since they don't actively support the "World Preserver and Majorly Spoiled Brat" USA...

See, what you meant to say there was, "They rely on the US to keep the oil flowing, the back doors of Europe locked, and all problems solved." Throw something as simple as Kosovo at them and they panic - did anyone else see that telegram from Paris to Milosevic, trying to negotiate terms of surrender?

How is the US a problem for them? You're saying that the United States of America accidentally killing civilians in the course of military operations is worthy of getting upset about, but terrorists detonating themselves all over the world in the largest crowds they can find is not? You just suggested that Europe will let terrorists do whatever the hell they want, so long as they leave Europe alone.

Great philosophy, man. And you guys wonder why you aren't in the world driver's seat anymore.

Edit: And answer my question.

Edited by Commissar

See, what you meant to say there was, "They rely on the US to keep the oil flowing, the back doors of Europe locked, and all problems solved."  Throw something as simple as Kosovo at them and they panic - did anyone else see that telegram from Paris to Milosevic, trying to negotiate terms of surrender?

Nah. They did pretty well oil-like before the US stormed in. Hell, France even had his own personal Fuel-for-Cash system with Saddam, outside of the UN. Now they depend on the US, yeah, because the US took over the source. If a country depends on German-made tools, and we Dutch conquered Germany, you cannot say that that country was dependant on the Dutch all along...

How is the US a problem for them?  You're saying that the United States of America accidentally killing civilians in the course of military operations is worthy of getting upset about, but terrorists detonating themselves all over the world in the largest crowds they can find is not?  You just suggested that Europe will let terrorists do whatever the hell they want, so long as they leave Europe alone.

Nope. Didn't say that. I just said that the US is a bigger concern for us (and especially the named countries) than terrorist. They disagree with both, but if you have to choose from two 1 always looses

Great philosophy, man.  And you guys wonder why you aren't in the world driver's seat anymore.

Assuming I was a European Leader, which I am not. The leaders might had(/have) very different ideas than me. This shows for example in how I didn't wan't the country to be involved in Iraq, but the government wanted it, and currently want's to send even more troops (and you might have figured out I disagree)

Edited by Battlewookiee

Germany like many European countries, had their shining moment in time when they were the top dog. Now that America is top dog we have to take in all the snide and jeolous remarks from the Euros.

I am curious to which period was Germany's time to shine, was it in WW1 or during Hitlers time?

Germany like many European countries, had their shining moment in time when they were the top dog. Now that America is top dog we have to take in all the snide and jeolous remarks from the Euros.

I am curious to which period was Germany's time to shine, was it in WW1 or during Hitlers time?

Nah, we're just in a different age now. You can't behave like that anymore. I'm sorry but you're simply just outta luck, you should have had your time to shine a few centuries ago instead if you wanted to act all warmongering like. Ohhh that's right, you didn't exist back then. :x

By the way, BW and Commie ought to get a friggin' room, this is ****ing hot!

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Nah, we're just in a different age now. You can't behave like that anymore. I'm sorry but you're simply just outta luck, you should have had your time to shine a few centuries ago instead if you wanted to act all warmongering like. Ohhh that's right, you didn't exist back then. :x

By the way, BW and Commie ought to get a friggin' room, this is ****ing hot!

Yeah, and you Danes had your time...what? Centuries ago? Mostly by picking on villages smaller and weaker than yourself, before you wasted away into the background and replaced by more capable conquerers. And of course you blame Christianity, even though it clearly was your own weakness that was the reason. And you call yourselves vikings. :D And don't hate us just because we could blow your country sky-high before you could even say "bjork".

*ahem* Seriously though, I suggest you read up on our actions in the Middle East and our reasons behind them before you use the phrase "warmongering".

Edited by Mothman

Nah, we're just in a different age now. You can't behave like that anymore.

Uh, no. You might think that since we have teh internets and crustless bread, we live in more enlightened times, but that's just wishful thinking.

In the end, in international politics it always comes down to power, military and economic power. And sometimes, to keep that power, one must use it. It has always been like that, and for as long as there are different nations, that's the way it will be.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"Maybe they won't moan and piss about terrorists because the terrorists are no problem for them since they don't actively support the "World Preserver and Majorly Spoiled Brat" USA..."

France, and other European countries who were against the war in Iraq (due to oil concerns) are already on AQ (and other terrorist groups) 'hit lists' for other sins - some anicent; some common.

People who try to claim that the Iraq Invasion is the CAUSE of terroism and not a RESULT of terrorism need to do some learnin'.

As for the war itself, it will take awhile; but I believe the Iraqi PEOPLE will prevail in the end. Saddam crying like a little boy in court illustrates this. The PEACEFUL and ALLOWABLE protests against possible voter fraud is further proof of this.

The fact that the Sunnis who boycotted January elections now admit that was a mistake and took part in he December ones also illustrates the progres being mad eevn if it is slow and painful and even though those in power have made some horrible mistakes in Post War iraq handling.

The idea of some (looking at Hades) that the US should dig a hole and bury its head in it while ignoring the outer world is silly. The US tried this once before. It didn't work. And, for a reason. The world is a global world now. There's no turning back the clock now til before ships, cars, and planes existed. Not to mention radio, television, and the internet.

"Note that all the aggression against the US is because you take innocent lives."

No. False. If yu think groups like A care about the innocent you are posisbly more delusional than Hades and his isloationist scheme.

"One being Canada's healthcare system, while not the best is certainly better than the US."

This expalins why many Kanadians head to the US for medical treatement simply because our health care sucks. Sure, it's accessible for everyone unlike the US. However, at least the US healthcare is good unlike the sucky healthcare we recieve in Kanada.

Hahah.

Example of Great Kanadian Healthcare System At Work: http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20051229/ca...wN5bnN1YmNhdA--

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

When will it end? I just saw on the news today another person from my state has died in fighting over there today. We never should have been over there in the first place. Damn Bush and his little personal agendas. I bet we would have been in and out of there quicker than now if his daughters were in the service, over there.

This is starting to smell like another Vietnam to me. A political war disguised as a "freedom war" .

They won't be. Women can't get drafted.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Probably not long, but if the US ceased its foreign aid, that money would go into ineffective programs that please the public but worsen the debt.  Democracy in the Western World is in its Largesse From The Treasury stage, and there is likely little that can be done to stop it now.  The next stage is complete collapse and a slide into despotism.

I hope that was suitably pessimistic for the tone of this thread. >_<

right-o....the rulers of ancient Rome used "bread and circuses" to maintain the status quo and keep the masses satified...problem is, there is no end to human want.

the welfare/entitlement state is the road to surfdom and tyranny.

Nah. They did pretty well oil-like before the US stormed in. Hell, France even had his own personal Fuel-for-Cash system with Saddam, outside of the UN. Now they depend on the US, yeah, because the US took over the source. If a country depends on German-made tools, and we Dutch conquered Germany, you cannot say that that country was dependant on the Dutch all along...

Oh, come on. I don't remember the Swedes running endless sorties in the no-fly zones. The French did, until '96, when they got bored and went home. The Middle East is unstable; how much more unstable do you think it would be without the threat of a MEU swinging on down to stymie any land-grabs not performed by Israel? Terrorists hit American servicement overseas these days, it's true; it's been true for decades. Nevertheless, American military presence still ensures stability like no other nation can.

Nope. Didn't say that. I just said that the US is a bigger concern for us (and especially the named countries) than terrorist. They disagree with both, but if you have to choose from two 1 always looses

A bigger concern for you? In what way? We don't own Europe through our military prowess, we own you lot through our economics. Walk out your door and buy a Coca-Cola, or a Big Mac at McDonalds. For better or worse, those are the tools of American dominance in most parts of the world. We're not going to take you guys over; you're generating too much cash. Why not worry about the idiots running around blowing up planes, trains, and automobiles at random?

You still haven't answered my question about who broke the Abu Ghraib story. You probably smelled a setup, though I doubt you actually knew the answer. It was the US Army. Anyone heard the story of that German guy who got picked up by the CIA in Macedonia, flown to Afghanistan, and interrogated for six months? I'm amazed you heard that story. How many other countries would let that guy live instead of just shooting him in the back of the head? Nobody knew he was there except the spooks. They made a mistake, and they let him go when they figured it out. Bitch all you want about how it took six months, I'm serious: think long and hard about how many other countries would let him go in the first place.

Assuming I was a European Leader, which I am not. The leaders might had(/have) very different ideas than me. This shows for example in how I didn't wan't the country to be involved in Iraq, but the government wanted it, and currently want's to send even more troops (and you might have figured out I disagree)

Why not? Don't you want to contribute to the future stability of Iraq? Haven't you been complaining about US wanton destruction and murder for at least six different threads? If your boys can do it so much better, why not send 'em over? I mean, beyond the fact that there are only three of them, and they're not allowed to carry ammunition or anything sharp?

Peace is passing.  War, eternal.

True, but War should be handled with the utmost caution if it's even going to be handled at all...which didn't happen this time around.

I still can't believe our soldiers didn't have armored vehicles...and had to buy their own damned body armor.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

this little conflict (war >_< that was over last year) would be easier to handle if there was not so much bs from bush. he has taken something we all as human beings should support and made it look agenda centered and flithy. bush is just so dam inept that he ****s everything (good intentioned) up. what we should be focused on is that these people are being given a chance to live the way they want to live damnit and thats not meaningless. i just hate how clumsy people are, in truth its not just bush its all the antibush ppl too. everyone is waiting for a full assault every time bush screws up and it has just created this flith around the whole situation. everyone should have the vision of these poor people risking their lives two years in a row to cast a vote of hope for their society. no vietnam comparsions please this is completely different, we are not fighting armed forced we are fighting idiots who delight in death. these people have no hope for a civilized society, and most can't wait to leave this world. how many more people have to be senselessly bombed or beheaded by these psychos before everyone realizes these people are injust and deserve to be fought. im so sick of these idiots, i hope all these ****ers gather in the gaza strip so we can wipe them off the face of the earth ARRRGG.

Yeah, and you Danes had your time...what?  Centuries ago?  Mostly by picking on villages smaller and weaker than yourself, before you wasted away into the background and replaced by more capable conquerers.  And of course you blame Christianity, even though it clearly was your own weakness that was the reason.  And you call yourselves vikings.  :D  And don't hate us just because we could blow your country sky-high before you could even say "bjork".

*ahem* Seriously though, I suggest you read up on our actions in the Middle East and our reasons behind them before you use the phrase "warmongering".

Shut your burger eating pie hole and do some research before you put forth your bile, please. :lol:

Oh and kiddo, "bjork" is Icelandic... :shifty: Go back to your corner now and read that old fairy tale book of yours. :lol:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

For better or worse, those are the tools of American dominance in most parts of the world.  We're not going to take you guys over; you're generating too much cash.  Why not worry about the idiots running around blowing up planes, trains, and automobiles at random?

Because of that attitude right there, arrogant yankee bull****... isn't it obvious?

Besides, terrorists haven't done anything to my country or region.

I don't remember the Swedes running endless sorties in the no-fly zones

And pray tell, why the hell should they?

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!