Should Josh Pull *THIS GUY* Outta retirement?

Sargallath Abraxium

BG was not realtime per se. It used turns and initiative rounds.

And did you even play Lionheart and Tactics? The former one's combat wasn't anything like Fallout in real time; SPECIAL was only used with stats and skill rolls, when it came to combat you just kept clicking fast and hoped something died. It didn't work at all. The latter one's worked very well in real time and it was Fallout combat.

Edit: This is like the fifth edit. Geez.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The IE had decent combat, it wasnt that fun but you could endure it.

Turnbased always provides a better and more fun tactical gameplay because it allows you to carefully play out a battle step-by-step. Realtime always becomes all about pushing the attack and/or health potion shortkey as fast as possible. Its like comparing a real turn-based wargame to C&C

EDIT: now i accidentally made another "realtime vs. turnbased" rant instead of writig somethig that could have added to the thread, terribly sorry.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The IE had decent combat, it wasnt that fun but you could endure it.

Turnbased always provides a better and more fun tactical gameplay because it allows you to carefully play out a battle step-by-step. Realtime always becomes all about pushing the attack and/or health potion shortkey as fast as possible. Its like comparing a real turn-based wargame to C&C

Eeek, not a good comparison at all. There's good realtime and bad realtime and C&C is cookiecutter when it comes to tactics, the RTS of today has gone far and beyond it's likeness.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I expect Fallout 3 to be a good FPS as well :)

Absolutely not.

With my highly trained force skills, I sense you have no sarcasm detector :)

It left the moment I came on the damned boards.

:(

That's because we had some whiney btiches complain about my sig image size and seeing women being called sluts kinda puts one is a sour mood.

I don't get this. If men sleep around alot they get some name that looks good. If women sleep around a lot they get a derogatory term, in fact there are multiples. It is rather silly in my opinion. There is nothing wrong enjoying sex and enjoying lot of it with multiple partners. Of course you need to take precautions so you don't get a STD of some sort, but the act of having a lot of sex is neither wrong or right.

...ummm...I wanted Josh to bring back his Overseer alt...y'all make wwwaaaaaayyyyyyy too much outta simple questions...no wonder internet geeks have a bad rap wit' the ladies...thnx fer playin', though... :thumbsup:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I'm sorry, you failed at Quoting. Next time, try to quote the post you're referring to, and not Kaftan's latest dribble.

Huh? It's you who's not making any sense, buddy. I quoted Kaftan's post so as to make a complete reply, that actually made sense, as it addressed the same point. I quoted it so you wouldn't get lost as anything that isn't directed at you specifically seems to go over your sorry little mind. It seems I failed alright, as you got lost all the same. Oh well.

No, please do. Use those crayons of yours! They are probably a better element for you than this oh so complicated board. I'm eagerly awaiting the results.

Heh. I couldn't imagine that the mention of crayons would make you so hot and bothered. I wonder why is that...

Oh, and while you're at it, try to understand the distinction between a game series and games made by the same company. That's really all that this thread is about, no matter what your lack of comprehension tries to make it out to be.

Er, if you were actually able to quit spouting foam and read, you'd realize that's what I've been arguing about for the whole thread. Except for when I defused your feeble argument about game sales having anything to do with quality.

Keep trying, though. You make for some excellent fun. :shifty:)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

...ummm...I wanted Josh to bring back his Overseer alt...y'all make wwwaaaaaayyyyyyy too much outta simple questions...no wonder internet geeks have a bad rap wit' the ladies...thnx fer playin', though... :shifty:

Most of us are not really real persons, we're autmated Ai scripts that post randomized rats in response to different keywords like "fallout", "planescape:torment" or "console"

>_<"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "