Should Josh Pull *THIS GUY* Outta retirement?

Sargallath Abraxium

Why describe it?  Play it for yourself.

I played both DnD and SPECIAL in real-time and it liked both. What I would like to hear from you is some evidence on why real-time SPECIAL is crap and DnD is not, because you keep asserting it without supporting your argument logically.

Logically? Sorry, I'm a human and not a Vulcan.

Logically?  Sorry, I'm a human and not a Vulcan.

Nice dodge. Unfortunately, you have performed that one so many times one can see it coming from miles away.

You just don't have any arguments, and it shows.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Troika is irrelevant.  They are dead and gone.  Lets work with what is fact.  bethesda is working on Fallout 3.  They have no CRPGs that are science fiction nor have done any work within the genre of sci fi role playing.  The have never done a game in the style in which Fallout is in nor have no experience in using a turn based rules set such as SPECIAL.

Apparently Troika isn't irrelevant, as this entire thread was basically a complaint that they aren't doing it, and blaming Bethesda for Troika's fall.

I also agree that Fallout is just a setting.

It could use the OMFGZ0rZ system instead of SPECIAL, and as long as it has a setting that is cool and similar to Fallout 1 & 2, I'm not going to care.

Edited by alanschu

Exactly Alan o:)

As long as it looks and feels like Fallout I could care less if it uses Isometric/Special or FPS/Morrowind game styles.

I'm just not sure that Bethesda can do it though.

To be honest, I'm not sure Troika could either.

Obsidian on the other hand... (w00t)

Hehehe.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic about Bethesda and Fallout 3. Sure it's possible that it might not be much of a "Fallout" experience, but on the other hand, as mkreku mentioned, at least it's being made. If Bethesda wasn't making it, would the chances of a Fallout 3 be zero percent?

Given the interviews, it sounded like Bethesda has a ton of Fallout fans working for them. This would lend me to believe that it will be more than just Morrowind with guns.

Ultimately though, as long as the game is fun, I doubt I'll really care a whole lot if some concessions are made with the setting (though sticking to the setting is what made Fallout so much fun, so it can't be completely unrelated o:)).

Nope.

All it has to be is a video game that has an RPG structure :D

That's coming from your examples Kitty Cthulhu  (w00t)

How so? DnD is still DnD. From basic rules to 3.5. The magic system, the game dice, the combat system works basically the same. The only real difference betweenthe versions of the original to current in Dungeons and Dragons is the number of options your character has and the more streamline set of the game mechanics.

Beyond that each versionof DnD is the same.

I don't get what you are saying at all.

DnD has always been DnD. It has been through quite a number of refinements but it is still recognizably DnD. The Forgotten Realms is a setting using the DnD rules system though it is a setting. It depends onthe DnD rules set for that setting to work. If you use a different rules set like Ars Magica many aspects of that setting would simply not work because Ars magica is a completely different rules system than DnD.

The same goes for Fallout.

The same goes for Fallout.

I'm afraid not.

Fallout wasn't even built around SPECIAL until they dropped GURPS for reasons I don't remember offhand, it was created as a replacement system.

Saying Fallout HAS to follow SPECIAL is completely false... Fallout was meant to be some sort of GURPS game.

By your logic, Fallout failed because it wasn't GURPS based.

You are just arguing to be heard :blink:

It was not released for GURPS so its GURPS origin is irrelevant.  Lets stick to what is actually there.  What is actually there is Fallout using SPECIAL.

What actually is is the fact you're wrong :)

Oh, and before you try and twist that. :blink: I mean wrong in general.

Edited by Darque