Game music

Musopticon?

Well, I expect sequels to have similar music to the originals so they have some sort of continuity.

Deus Ex: IW is sequel where the soundtrack was its own compared to the original. The only tune that was the same was the theme, the rest of songs were completely new. Halo 2's soundtrack on the other hand, had too many similarities compared to the original.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bloodlines music's really good and sets the tone of the setting well, esp in the club.  Anyone know what the genre is and where I can find more (artists, albums etc)?

Goth, industrial, ethereal , dark techno.

The bands that are on it are:

Ministry

Daniel Ash

Tiamat

Lacuna Coil

Chiasm

Die My Darling

Aerial2012

Genitorturers

Daling Violetta

I have the soundtrack that came with the game.

Well, I expect sequels to have similar music to the originals so they have some sort of continuity.

Deus Ex: IW is sequel where the soundtrack was its own compared to the original. The only tune that was the same was the theme, the rest of songs were completely new. Halo 2's soundtrack on the other hand, had too many similarities compared to the original.

Doesn't mean the quality diminished. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Icewind Dale, Jade Empire, Diablo, and Grim Fandango had good soundtracks. I remember liking the music form the Civs game, usually.

I also liked the music on Shadow of the Colossus, but I usually don't take the time to learn who composed the music as I don't often have any desire to hear the music outside of the games.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

1. The opening theme for MGS2 is one of my favourites. and the electric guitar remix they have for it in snake tales for MGS2:Substance compliments it well.

2. I usually turn off teh gaming music because it usually gets annoying to me. it sometimes feels like they are trying to be epic all of the time, but i don't want it to be like that. and the volume also gets really really loud sometimes and that is annoying too

3. although, today, randomly when i was randomly replaying a random part of K2, i came across the Iziz City Cantina music which i found to be extremely entertaining, even though it is less than a minute long and loops forever, but i could listen to that for days before it got old.

4. Final Fantasy games always seem to have good musical scores.

5. and simple things like the astrolander or anaconda themes from the minigames in timesplitters 2 are always enjoyable and fun to listen to while you play them.

6. i just remembered the techno music in red alert 2, that stuff is all classic.

The dungeon music in Diablo was pretty good.

In VtM: Bloodlines the Velsuvius music was very fitting for that place. It had a seductive dance feel to it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I enjoyed the music in Bloodlines too, but I can't say I got very far in that game, so I didn't really get to enjoy some of it. It just makes me feel so much more immersed into a game when there is some good music to a game, especially Bloodlines, because it has that dark and chilling feel to it. :)

KotOR1 and 2 music was pretty good too, although not amazing, because it seems like i've heard it all before when it comes to SW music, it seems to me to be set around the same tune. :(

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

99-00, so about 6 years or so.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Oh, right thanks. :p

I'm considering buying it, but can't find it anywhere and was just wondering what it would be like.

The music you linked to was great Mus?, thanks :)

Edited by Petay

Oh, right thanks. :p

I'm considering buying it, but can't find it anywhere and was just wondering what it would be like.

The music you linked to was great Mus?, thanks :)

I bought it 3 months ago. The graphics are somewhat old, but the music and story got me hooked until the end.

Excellent game.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Here come the fans...

kirottu said: