The city of Jerusalem

Meshugger

Well, I keep my sou...sole...stuff in Jerusalem. You can't nuke it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Eh? My soul is right here, in this philactery. It's those hundreds of sai...ange...other souls I'm worried about.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

http://www.american.edu/ted/hpages/jeruselum/muslim.htm

For the jews it's the place where Isac was spared sacrifice and the muslims recon it's where mohamed accended.

But they basically nicked it off the Holy Roman Empire (or what was left of it).

The Dome of the Rock was built near the area formerly occupied by Herod
Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, ain't that convienet. It just happened to be the same place as the Wailing wall. No wonder that there will never be peace in the middle east.

In times before they used to slaughter each other in holy wars and crusades and general plunder...not that that has really changed over time, but today international politics, economics and instant news awareness has crammed a cork down an already heavily crowded pathway. Never cared much for the details, but I think even Europe and the Roman Empire was fighting off the Islamic hordes in ages past.

Next step on the way to completely ludicrous speed is to prosecute every religion outside Israel that is using the Jesus/Virgin Mary TM © Jews Incorporated context all the way back to year 0 for copyright infringement and demand royalties. Imagine every bible have a "Licensed by Israel" logo on it and some without that has to be pulled back from the market...and palestinians and every other native people vying for those origins of as well.

(Signatures: disabled) 

The UN needs to take the city over, and make it neutral ground for all 3 religions.

Yep, why just annoy one group when you can annoy all three.

Historically though it looks like the Jews were there first.

Stop living in the past :blink:

It's either this or eternal "holy war".

I guess you'd prefer war and slaughter :blink:

http://www.american.edu/ted/hpages/jeruselum/muslim.htm

For the jews it's the place where Isac was spared sacrifice and the muslims recon it's where mohamed accended.

But they basically nicked it off the Holy Roman Empire (or what was left of it).

The Dome of the Rock was built near the area formerly occupied by Herod
Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Ok to kill the debate Jerusalem belongs to me... because I evolved out of protoplasm that was left on a rock where jerusalem would be.... then I crawled up Eve's leg and died :lol:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I already know the reasons on why Jerusalem is important for the Jews and Christians. Other than the giant gold-mosque, what historic reference do Islam have to the holy city?

Just curious.

You're asking about a religion that believes a camel led them to holy land [fact]... there could be all sorts of wacky reasons.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Be ironic if it united them so they could kick your arse wouldnt it  :lol:

I'd gladly sacrifice my arse if it meant peace over there, even for a limited amount of time. ;)

The UN needs to take the city over, and make it neutral ground for all 3 religions.

I'd explain why that's a tremendously bad idea, but I get the impression that you don't really give these sorts of issues a lot of thought in the first place, and thus aren't terribly likely to stick around for the denouement, whenever it comes.

Got a better idea? I'd love to hear it.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Why not a nice gift basket? :lol:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Alright guys, i got an idea. it just, flew into my head here... well, its from the bible. we are going to pull a Solomon. the US will act as Solomon and his sword will be the US's nukes, since they have no problem being world police. The Jews and the Muslims are represented as the two harlots. (BTW this would be the worst idea, if you didn't already notice i was joking)

1 kings 3:16-28

Then two women who were harlots came to the king and stood before him.

The one woman said, "Oh, my lord, this woman and I live in the same house; and I gave birth to a child while she was in the house.

"It happened on the third day after I gave birth, that this woman also gave birth to a child, and we were together. There was no stranger with us in the house, only the two of us in the house.

"This woman's son died in the night, because she lay on it.

"So she arose in the middle of the night and took my son from beside me while your maidservant slept, and laid him in her bosom, and laid her dead son in my bosom.

"When I rose in the morning to nurse my son, behold, he was dead; but when I looked at him carefully in the morning, behold, he was not my son, whom I had borne."

Then the other woman said, "No! For the living one is my son, and the dead one is your son." But the first woman said, "No! For the dead one is your son, and the living one is my son." Thus they spoke before the king.

Then the king said, "The one says, 'This is my son who is living, and your son is the dead one'; and the other says, 'No! For your son is the dead one, and my son is the living one.'"

The king said, "Get me a sword." So they brought a sword before the king.

The king said, "Divide the living child in two, and give half to the one and half to the other."

Then the woman whose child was the living one spoke to the king, for she was deeply stirred over her son and said, "Oh, my lord, give her the living child, and by no means kill him." But the other said, "He shall be neither mine nor yours; divide him!"

Then the king said, "Give the first woman the living child, and by no means kill him. She is his mother."

When all Israel heard of the judgment which the king had handed down, they feared the king, for they saw that the wisdom of God was in him to administer justice.

Funny you should mention this story. A very same story happened in Chinese ancient lore as well. Probably much later than the time of Moses but long before Christianity reached the Far East or even the 'Silk Road'. Any theories on how that happened? (Perhaps Christ really went to meditate with the Buddhists like someone else mentioned before. :huh: )

Edited by julianw

Funny you should mention this story. A very same story happened in Chinese ancient lore as well. Probably much later than the time of Moses but long before Christianity reached the Far East. Any theories on how that happened? (Perhaps Christ did went to meditate with the Buddhists like some one else mentioned before. :huh: )

all i will say is: wisdom isn't biased