KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Does that mean the devs never look in here and we're just wasting our lives? And in fact have no plans to even make another kotor but put this up anyway to cut down on receiving emails from rabid fan boys telling them how to do their jobs?

Obsidian has already stated they WOULD LIKE to do KOTOR 3 and LA insiders has suggested they would like to continue with the franchise.

At any rate, let's just say that it is Obsidian that is making K3, LA still has them on a very short leash....once the project is announced, I suspect the devs will open up a forum for it like with PNJ....heck, how long has that forum been open? And still, not much meat in there.

IIRC, Feargus said in a NWN2-interview that if they were allowed to do a KotOR III, they would use the same engine as NWN2.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Can we make it to page 60? lol

How about when you see Revan and the Exile they're identities are up to the player in his own head? You can't set what alignment/gender they are, and they oppose the PC when the PC encounters them. It worked with the image of Revan, it really wasn't gender specific, you couldn't tell whether it was a male or female, and with the Exile you could give her the Nihilus mask and some robes or armor that make distinguishing a gender's figure near impossible.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I'd like a game where your main method of locomotion wasn't always your feet. Some landspeeders would be nice...where you actually rode in/controlled them, not just clicking on something and then going to a black loading screen...One thing I liked about Sacred was riding a horse all over the place. Riding (and fighting while on the horse) had it's control/techie problems, but it was pleasant to do something besides run run run everywhere. WoW's beast riding transport system is fun too, tho it certainly didn't alleviate the running much in that game. Meh..

And yes, I know it has nothing to do with story or anything. And in terms of Kotor you'd have to enlarge the landscape/terrains a lot for it to be worth doing, which I doubt very much they'd bother to do. But I'd still like it, if done well.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Can we make it to page 60? lol

How about when you see Revan and the Exile they're identities are up to the player in his own head? You can't set what alignment/gender they are, and they oppose the PC when the PC encounters them. It worked with the image of Revan, it really wasn't gender specific, you couldn't tell whether it was a male or female, and with the Exile you could give her the Nihilus mask and some robes or armor that make distinguishing a gender's figure near impossible.

That would be wise from the point of view of design, because it would force a very small role for both Revan and the Exile, probably with no speaking. That would help K3 to work as a game in its own right, rather than trying to tie up too many loose ends.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Guest MacLeodCorp
"As long as" means "if" in this case, I'm afraid.  If Bioware had made such an announcement we would have heard about it.  At length.

Who said anything about 'If'? That was an anouncement... BioWare's Bob McCabe said specifically, "As long as Obsidian is doing KotOR 3, I'm happy."

As a matter of fact, the first three posts don't even mention Obsidian... He knows something, and has let it slip...

Edited by MacLeodCorp

"As long as" means "if" in this case, I'm afraid.  If Bioware had made such an announcement we would have heard about it.  At length.

Who said anything about 'If'? That was an anouncement... BioWare's Bob McCabe said specifically, "As long as Obsidian is doing KotOR 3, I'm happy."

As a matter of fact, the first three posts don't even mention Obsidian... He knows something, and has let it slip...

If he let something like that slip though, surely as soon as he realised that post would be deleted.

I doubt he'd post something like that without their even being an announcement and then just leave it.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I see it as some wishful thinking. Bioware and Obsidian go way back to the Black Isle days.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Guest MacLeodCorp

You know this is the third time I heard Obsidian has been working on KotOR III... I am telling you, they have to know something, ot they are working on the game...

If obsidian are planning to do KoToR 3 I doubt they would start it yet anyway. It's more likely they would start it a couple of months before NwN 2 comes out when they could start to move people from that team over to work on it.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I'm presuming they are already working with a full team on PNJ right now, we should really spend more time discussing that though than KoToR 3 which doesn't actually exist right now.

PNJ uses the Unreal engine and is not a sequel. Feargus stated if they were going to do a KotOR 3 they would use the NWN 2 engine. It would make sense to move the majority of the NWN 2 people to KotOR 3 if that is the case. The PNJ crew would probably be made up by some of the people they have already working on it and do some new hires if needed. I can see Chris A. moving from NWN 2 to KotOR 3 while J.E. Sawyer leading the team on PNJ.

If I was Feargus that is how I would handle it.

Edited by Judge Hades