TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline

I doubt they will do it, since this mod will likely increase K2 sales, unlike that C&C mod.

We already have records of three whole people swearing to buy K2 for the PC since we're iffy on the status of the X-Box mod. PROFIT.*

But Lucasarts can come in and shut them down anytime they want. The team is trying to stay discreet with actions and not placing (or saying) anything that might sound the alarm for the secret Lucas police.

We... are? Ahem, that is to say, we are.

*crosses 'leisurely jog through Skywalker Ranch wearing only spaghetti and a banner with the address http://www.team-gizka.org' off the to-do checklist*

Anyway, let's all try to keep this topic impossibly trim, much like a photoshopped supermodel.

*But not the kind that's for us. Because of the illegal.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Guest MacLeodCorp

Hehehe.... :( You are trying so hard to hide that you have a thread in the developer's forums, and a website that screams, "Here we are!"... Hehehe... :(

I think the Restoration Team has good intentions, and they are bringing to the players what they personally want to see done. It is all in good fun...

Visitors have to remember one thing, both LucasForums and Team-Gizka are not employeed by Lucas Arts or Obsidian. They are only a group of fans that are searching for some fun...

I am actually surprised that they have dedicated this much time to its completion. Too bad they can't use this on their resume. Oh well...

Hope to see the finished mod soon. :)

Edited by MacLeodCorp

thanks for making this thing...I think I won't buy kotor2 until this mod is finished (or downloadable-and-kind-of-working)

will it work with versions from other countries?...countries in which the silly inhabitants refuse to make english their only language (I wouldn't mind some english here and there, but I have to know whether I have to order the game from far away or not)

is there some commutation with the friendly people of obsidian?...the ones whose content got cut...thinking of it, you probably can't speak of it, because of some legal-mumbo-jumbo...but, man, that would be awesome

will it work with versions from other countries?...countries in which the silly inhabitants refuse to make english their only language (I wouldn't mind some english here and there, but I have to know whether I have to order the game from far away or not)

We are developing the TSLRP in English (U.S.), but we have been meticulously and systematically documenting text changes specifically for the purpose of translation (the list of changes will be made available to translators when we are done). I'm not sure what languages we have covered at the moment...

is there some commutation with the friendly people of obsidian?

Wishful thinking, unfortunately :) Not as far as I know...

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

We are developing the TSLRP in English (U.S.), but we have been meticulously and systematically documenting text changes specifically for the purpose of translation (the list of changes will be made available to translators when we are done). I'm not sure what languages we have covered at the moment...

Will it work for the UK versions (theyre almost identical i think)

I just replayed KOTOR2... thought this time I'd be able to deal with the "ending" since I knew about it form the first time... I was wrong :lol: Horribly depressing, I can't wait for this mod to come out and maybe let me play the game without this "so why did I bother again?" feeling.

I sure am glad there's people out there (unlike me) who can do this kind of stuff!

Keep up the good work!

I just replayed KOTOR2... thought this time I'd be able to deal with the "ending" since I knew about it form the first time... I was wrong :p Horribly depressing, I can't wait for this mod to come out and maybe let me play the game without this "so why did I bother again?" feeling.

I sure am glad there's people out there (unlike me) who can do this kind of stuff!

Keep up the good work!

As Kreai once said, "It's not the destination that matters, it's the journey." :)"

The journey can feel like it was for nothing if there is no closure. So many elements were left unexplained near the ending on Malachor.

Endings can be great, but at the same time bittersweet. I wouldn't call the ending to Planescape Torment "happy", but atleast there was closure and it felt like the journey had come full circle. If there were any questions about the journey, it was because you hadn't paid attention, not because the journey was incomplete.

In defense of KoTOR 2, a lot of answers that people thought were incomplete, were in fact answered, but they just hadn't gained enough influence with the right character.

I had thought the whole side plot about a mysterious signal on Nar Shadaa to be one of the cut things from the game, but I simply hadn't gained influence with GO-TO. Replaying the game as an evil character, and getting lots influence with the evil aligned characters gained a lot more insight into certain story points that you wouldn't learn as a goody-two-shoes jedi.

I can't really blame people though if they didn't realize more was explained. Malachor was just a mess as far as story and closure went, and a lot of people assumed it was more cut content like much of Malachor.

It was especially frustrating for me, because I was REALLY enjoying the game up until Malachor. I was loving the conspiracies, the weird goings on with your party members and the game was really amping up for what I thought would be a brilliant ending. The ending is just so important with an epic rpg. It can make a mediocre game feel better than it was if it's really good, or make a brilliant game come to a screeching halt and give you nasty feelings if it is particularly bad.

It was especially frustrating for me, because I was REALLY enjoying the game up until Malachor. I was loving the conspiracies, the weird goings on with your party members and the game was really amping up for what I thought would be a brilliant ending. The ending is just so important with an epic rpg. It can make a mediocre game feel better than it was if it's really good, or make a brilliant game come to a screeching halt and give you nasty feelings if it is particularly bad.

Great post, I completely agree. The game is great, in parts. It could have been so much better if Obsidian had another year to make it. All the elements for a great game were there, problem was a lot of them couldn't make the deadline. Lucas Arts should be ashamed of what they made Obsidian release to make the holiday season.

Hey, what's up! Yeah, I guess I'm sort of new to TSLRP. I wanted to pat you all on the back: what a noble cause!

I had a question....don't we all. :p" When Kreia tells you about her past, and there's that video with Nihilus and Sion....I was wondering: is there an original in-game cutscene for that? I remember on the website you mentioned how there was an original cutscene for that low quality video with Visas and Nihilus. Anyway, if there is for this one, I think it would be a good idea to include that as well. I'm really disapointed with the video cutscene quality.

Good luck, TSLRP, I'm impressed with what I see so far! :x

When Kreia tells you about her past, and there's that video with Nihilus and Sion....I was wondering: is there an original in-game cutscene for that? I remember on the website you mentioned how there was an original cutscene for that low quality video with Visas and Nihilus. Anyway, if there is for this one, I think it would be a good idea to include that as well. I'm really disapointed with the video cutscene quality.

Someone else already made a mod to restore it... http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/16863.html

Neither in-game cutscene mod is being incorporated in the TSLRP (considered tweaks). I was just practicing/learning to mod when I created the first one.

Has beta testing started yet btw its not entirely clear.

We've started closed beta testing with a small team of beta testers (whose membership will expand as the project progresses towards a more stable release and completion). The current beta build is 0.4f2, but we will be releasing 0.5b1 to our beta testers in a couple of days.

Guest Dowie100
Has beta testing started yet btw its not entirely clear.

We've started closed beta testing with a small team of beta testers (whose membership will expand as the project progresses towards a more stable release and completion). The current beta build is 0.4f2, but we will be releasing 0.5b1 to our beta testers in a couple of days.

Brillant News, the team really has accomplished a lot in the time its been making the mod.

Are the beta testers going to be allowed to post their opinion of the mod?

Guest The Architect

Yeah, I'm new to this whole Restoration Project thing so I have a question. Are they going to restore the DS Female Ending, the DS Male Ending, the LS Female Ending and the LS Male Ending? Can they restore all four endings?

Yeah, I'm new to this whole Restoration Project thing so I have a question. Are they going to restore the DS Female Ending, the DS Male Ending, the LS Female Ending and the LS Male Ending? Can they restore all four endings?

The endings are not restricted a certain alignment. They are restricted to the amount of influence your character had with the party members. Mainly (and probably only) Visas, Handmaiden, Atton and Disciple.

i cant wait for these mods to be released...i havnt been up on these forums is quite some time but if these mods cant make it on the xbox version i will definetly get the PC version just to see how it all plays out with the cut scenes etc..sounds like its gonna be amazing

Hmmm. Updates haven't said much on certain conversations. The ones I'm talking about are like whien Visquis is in the elevator, arguing with himself about who opened the door, and he says either 'Mira' or 'Hanharr', yet he talks way to long for it. I'm just wondering if this is something that is going to be resolved. Or when I'm talking to T3, entire parts of his dialogue are skipped with no tslking from him.

Edited by Corn Flakes

Guest MacLeodCorp

I think these people mean well. We are way passed the prime of KotOR II, and it will be just a memory after "Empire at War" hits the shelves. I am easger to see the final product of what this group has pulled together. Unfortunatly, I will have moved on by then.

Well, I wish you good luck!

Until the mod surfaces, I hope the team has success on the new additons.

Edited by MacLeodCorp

It depends on how much time you've put into KoTOR 2. If you've played it a billion times since release you may be sick and tired of it and not even the cut content would interest you in another play thorugh.

However, having only played it a few times, I'm more than happy to go through it a few more once the restoration is finished.

Besides, Galaxies at War is a RTS game, not a RPG. There isn't a whole lot out to fill the current RPG void atm.

The only two things I'm excited about are this Restoration Pack, and NWN 2 which will be out in a number of months.