Official Obsidian Battlefield 2 Ranked Server Up!

Constant Gaw

I need to get the new patch...and good to hear that cheap tactics are being cut down on. I get screwed enough by legit stuff that I don't need the additional pwnage due to "exploits".

Bunny hopping has always annoyed the hell out of me, as well as people who immediately go prone...the latter may be a bit more sensible, but still annoying.

Tell us when it's up! And for god sakes, give some love to those of us who don't have the expansion!

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I'm still trying to unlock a few more weapons. What I don't like about Battlefield 2 is that even when I am using the sniper rifle (the .50 calibre one that's supposed to break through the armoured glass of helicopters) and am absolutely sure I am aiming for some guys head, I am never sure it will hit. I still haven't figured out exactly what you have to do to hit someone over a distance, but aiming straight on doesn't do the trick.

I don't like that hitting a target seems to be a matter of either trial and error or just random dumb luck.

Oh, and I also hate when I find a sniper on the ground and I shoot him in the head three times and he doesn't die. This has actually happened to me. He was killed by the fourth shot straight in the face, but by then he had time to turn around, find me, stand up and fire back at me. One shot from him took away 80% of my life energy..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

What were you shooting the sniper with?

In any case, bullets are not hitscan in BF2. You'll only get a hit straight on if your target is not moving. I got pretty good at leading my targets after a while.

I can't remember, but you might have to be prone to get perfect accuracy with them though.

Sniping is pretty tough, but it's by far my favorite kit. I think I like the second unlockable rifle better than the new third one. The range isn't as good, but it seems more evident when I actually get a hit. I also need to have a really good ping rate to be effective. If it's a bad server, sniping is a waste of time.

I try leading guys, I just wish it was more clear if I'm actually hitting. I've sent a couple choppers down, but I can never tell if I'm killing the pilot or just getting the last bit of vehicle damage.

I wish the OE server was up tonite. I'm having a birthday party and everytime me and my friends get drunk we end up playing Battlefield 2 sooner or later. Gee, I wonder why I am sporting a 1:2 kill ratio (I die two times for every poor sod I kill).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Our hosts don't exactly seem to be batting a thousand. The first time we set up the server there were issues too. They didn't fix our problems by 6:00 last night so we just raided a random pub server and wrecked fools.

Upon more reflection, I've decided that the PKM isn't as horribly powerful in practice as some people say. Don't get me wrong -- it's a very good weapon, but there are limitations to it and firing it draws a lot of attention. The DAO-12, on the other hand, is pretty much the Hand of Death.

Groovy! My BF2 alias is Backside (I don't know why my names are all ass-related, must be freudian) and I'll be the one wandering around the map trying to figure out where I am.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

OMG I'm there! SN's IntangibleWolf18...I have a strong affection for wolves it seems. :-

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

I had a good time playing tonight. Caught about the last hour of the games, and I think I killed a few Obsidian folk. Good times!

I noticed that the 3rd person perpective on vehicles is disabled. That's interesting, definitely makes it scarier to drive around. I just with I could use my mirrors, I'm more worried about killing my teammates without that.

Damn special forces expansion...if only I had the cash...I could be heartlessly gunning down developers. :p

- Everlast

Has been for a while now. Last I checked was last night though, so that might have changed.

- Everlast

Errr, the same as what he just posted.....

Good game. Too bad more people couldn't show up. I only had one opportunity to show off my tanking skills though (though they probably depreciated quite a bit).

Hurlshot, your stats page is awesome. It's like Sniper 12 hours, assault 9 hours, third place 10 minutes.

Are there other kits? I seriously love the sniper kit. Some maps I'll just find a peaceful spot and watch an entire battle, just taking potshots when I see a good chance. I also love the claymores, which I believe I got you with once tonight. Still, you kicked butt on your team, Mr. Points Leader. We only played one map while I was on, but Alanschu led the pack with 14 kills in like 10 minutes.