Winning as a gray possible?

I've gone through KoTOR 2 twice now--once trying to max light side, once trying to max dark side--and started playing through a third time, trying to stay perfectly neutral. Everything seemed to be going fine until now.

I don't know if there is just some plot trigger I am forgetting, but I can't get any further in the game.

My alignment is dead center right now--exactly equal to Kreia's. My character is a level 23 Sentinel--no prestige class, since you have to have Dark or Light side to trigger it.

I've already:

-Freed Vrook and resolved the mercenary problem on Dantooine (siding with the colonists against the mercs)

-Resolved the civil war on Onderon (siding with the Queen)

-Completed everything on Koriban except the cave that can't be entered unless you are heavily Dark or Light side

-Finished everything on Nar Shada that I can access, but for some reason the Exchange will not ask me to meet with them, even though I have done everything I can to piss them off, including killing the local exchange boss

Anyone know what I'm missing? Or is this a bug maybe?

Edited by stalwart149

I've gone through KoTOR 2 twice now--once trying to max light side, once trying to max dark side--and started playing through a third time, trying to stay perfectly nuetral.  Everything seemed to be going fine until now.

I don't know if there is just some plot trigger I am forgetting, but I can't get any further in the game.

My alignment is dead center right now--exactly equal to Kreia's.  My character is a level 23 Sentinel--no prestige class, since you have to have Dark or Light side to trigger it.

I've already:

-Freed Vrook and resolved the mercenary problem on Dantooine (siding with the colonists against the mercs)

-Resolved the civil war on Onderon (siding with the Queen)

-Completed everything on Koriban except the cave that can't be entered unless you are heavily Dark or Light side

-Finished everything on Nar Shada that I can access, but for some reason the Exchange will not ask me to meet with them, even though I have done everything I can to piss them off, including killing the local exchange boss

Anyone know what I'm missing?  Or is this a bug maybe?

When you say stuck, how are you stuck? I have done it before. Its not as fun as either light or dark, but it is do able.

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!

When you say stuck, how are you stuck? I have done it before. Its not as fun as either light or dark, but it is do able.

Well, what I mean is, I fly from planet to planet, but nothing more seems to be changeable in the game world. I seem to have exhausted all NPC dialog, and entered all areas that are open to me.

I guess the biggest things that jump out at me as being a problem are that I can't find the Jedi on Nar Shadda, Mira and Hanharr never appear, The Crimson somethingorother pirates never come and complain about my using their landing spot in the refugee landing pad, and the Exchange never sends me a message to meet with them in the Jek-Jek Tarr.

Edited by stalwart149

I guess the biggest things that jump out at me as being a problem are that I can't find the Jedi on Nar Shadda, Mira and Hanharr never appear, The Crimson somethingorother pirates never come and complain about my using their landing spot in the refugee landing pad, and the Exchange never sends me a message to meet with them in the Jek-Jek Tarr.

You mean Mira never appears at all? Even to talk to the information guy near the Ebon Hawk? Then you have a problem, and probably need to reload, if you can. The Red Eclipse (quite different to the Crimson Permanent Assurance) should appear the first time you return from the refugee sector to the Ebon Hawk area, so again, if that didn't happen, you have a problem.

Some people run into trouble because they please and annoy the Exchange in equal measure (either deliberately or by just not thinking about it) and so the invitation never comes. I think you can still get past this by completing all possible sidequests that the Exchange may care about, and a gamefaq could help you find this - some are a little obscure.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It was definitely the speeder issue. I went on foot to the door of the refugee sector--didn't even have to enter the zone--and the trigger was flipped. After that, the Red Eclipse scene went down, and the message came to meet in the Jek-Jek Tarr, as normal. Thanks!

I'm finding the game is a touch more challenging as a gray. It's hard to always choose the options to stay exactly centered, and my character is noticeably weaker without the prestige class bonuses.

I've never used the speeder.. is that a problem?? i tryed to fix it, but i wasnt allowed to fly it

Yes it skips a trigger for an event which is why you have to walk. If you have all the parts you can use it to get around without having to go through the central hub.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I've never used the speeder.. is that a problem?? i tryed to fix it, but i wasnt allowed to fly it

Yes it skips a trigger for an event which is why you have to walk. If you have all the parts you can use it to get around without having to go through the central hub.

That sounds good :) thanks again

Its impossible to win playing this game

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

• 2 weeks later...

I miss that option from K1. Sometimes I feel like being lazy and would rather take the easy way back to the ship than walk all the way back.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

not that i know of, as far as i know the only thing that affects which ending you get is if you killed the council or not.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

• 2 weeks later...
It was definitely the speeder issue.  I went on foot to the door of the refugee sector--didn't even have to enter the zone--and the trigger was flipped.  After that, the Red Eclipse scene went down, and the message came to meet in the Jek-Jek Tarr, as normal.  Thanks!

I'm finding the game is a touch more challenging as a gray.  It's hard to always choose the options to stay exactly centered, and my character is noticeably weaker without the prestige class bonuses.

I've only finished the game once, as a neutral guardian. I have no basis for comparison but it certainly was not difficult. As for decision making, I went with whatever I personally thought best.. unfortunately such did not obtain me my prestige class