The end is the beginning is the end.

Darth Jebus

You should look at my latest posts. I'm on a proverbial roll.

Too bad there's a proverbial broken bridge ahead.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

If we, for a moment, take the stated interrogative statement, below, as if it were not, in fact, rhetorical then I might be drawn to reply as follows.

Once again(time and time again, to be exact), I have to agree with you. Not that 'having' is a bad thing in this case. I'm more than welcome for the need to agree with an intelligent and, if I may say so, cognisant person. Why did I use the word 'have' then? In this context it might seem to jold a fairly negative undertone, like e.g if I'd be "compelled by and outer force" to agree. I have(oh, plays on words) no choice but to blame this all on my rather thin vocabulary and my failing memory when it comes to usable alternatives in writing english. Woe is me.

Once again (and again and again, methinks) I settle comfortably in complete agreement with you; try as I might to find even the smallest fault and critique to upbraid or discuss (as one might any quodlibet), I am devoid of opportunity.

OR

Once again (not for the first or last time) I am in complete harmony with your sentiments.

OR

Ditto.

:ermm:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'd tend to agree with Hades given the poor run of first units.

I agree with Hades, but that is not mutually exclusive of the point I made.

If I buy as spanking new PC and it doesn't work, you can bet the retailer / brand owner / lots of senior marketing people who pay the salaries of the people who make the PC that I bought / popular press / etc will all know exactly how peed off I am and to what decimal degree, within very short order, AND what I expect the recompense should be.

This "send 'em out and we'll see what's wrong with them when the returns come back" QA attitude of M$, first seen in their marketspeak sofware and now crossing over into their hardware (never had these problems with a M$ keyboard or mouse) should not be tolerated in any way shape or form.

It's either negligence or false advertising and consequential larceny, on a scale unheard of previously.

What's next, the M$ keyboards will start to assign random keycodes to the buttons as someone types?

Exactly. If the production of the product is too much for them, they shouldn't be allowed to make them, let alone advertise them. Kitchens and heat, dontchaknow?

20020722l3ek.gif

:ermm:"

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

to Meta:

I might reply with the following:

I'm at loss with words.

OR

That proverbial bridge not only took all the wind from my replies, but also toppled down the proverbial carriage with all my witful replies.

to Revvie:

I grin.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I do not comprehend the humor of that cartoon.

The jist of it is that while M$ might have at one time been witty and innovative (except that it wasn't, because the dollar-sign is so bleedin' obvious that it never contained much wit or innovation), now it's just silly and childish, and the sort of thing only sad people living with their parents and dressing up as star trek characters would do as anything other than an ironic statement on those same people.

Ooo! I know! Microsoft makes a lot of money, so I'll show how much I dislike them by putting a dollar sign in their name! That'll show The Man!

:-"

Edited by Reveilled

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Not that I'm bitter somehow, but by going to so long strides when it comes to explaining the jist of the comic makes me wonder if you keep a secret vulcan ear stash in your mommies wardrobe. :-

kirottu said:

Um, if that was directed at me, I would say in my defence that wasn't trying to, or labouring under the misaprehension that I might, hurt M$ or Mr Gates. I was endeavouring to convey contextual phenomenology in a convenient shorthand.

(As an aside, I've been using it as shorthand for about twenty years now.)

So it may coincidentally be used as a sign by the young and angry, and these self same juveniles may indeed be fans of Star Trek, but even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

:-

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So two of the kids I work with tried to get their hands on the premium 360. One of them stood outside Walmart in a line for a few hours with number 51 only to hear when he got through the door there were only fifty.

The other one prepaid the 500 or so odd canadian dollars at a video store, only to find that he'd bought the basic console and Rodgers was bleeding him for a hundred bucks. He got his money back.

And then I asked the Walmart kid tonight if the basic console had any problems overheating or shutting off. He said no, and added he's left his on since tuesday because you can't get ahold of any of the memory units in my town yet... :wub:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

So two of the kids I work with tried to get their hands on the premium 360.  One of them stood outside Walmart in a line for a few hours with number 51 only to hear when he got through the door there were only fifty.

:lol:

And then I asked the Walmart kid tonight if the basic console had any problems overheating or shutting off.  He said no, and added he's left his on since tuesday because you can't get ahold of any of the memory units in my town yet... :blink:

That Microsoft, going out of their way to keep their customers happy. :-"

I remember the XBOX had some release problems. I think the PS2 did as well. How about the DC?

I don't remember any release problems with the PSX or N64. Neither do I remember them with the SNES/Genesis and previos generations.

Is this a new thing?

So,  what are your thoughts? Will you be picking up a console this week sometime? Who or why not?

Possibly in the years to come, there's plenty of waiting and seeing to be done. Whatever the platforms misgivings though, there are some promising titles on the way that I'll be keeping my beady eyes on.

Edited by Tel Aviv

I remember the XBOX had some release problems.  I think the PS2 did as well.  How about the DC?

I don't remember any release problems with the PSX or N64.  Neither do I remember them with the SNES/Genesis and previos generations.

Is this a new thing?

Nope, but releasing a bugged console after giving it so much hype (and an MTV spot with Frodo) is something new.

My brother claims his friend got one and it overheated so badly it melted his disc.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yeah, if it actually happened and he's not just exaggerating, and it happens to a lot of people, dang, that could cost MS some serious cash, having to replace faulty systems AND the games they ruin.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg