The end is the beginning is the end.

Darth Jebus

I live in an area full of idiots. They waited in line at the stores today, before they opened, to buy this X-box 360 and they all sold out in an hours time. Some people got mad because the store sold out. Stupid people.

I want my console, NOW!!!!!  :geek:

Here's a little tip:

Everyone lives in an area full of idiots. They're everywhere. And they all think the idiots are everyone else(even I think that..... :) )

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If you read the whole thread, you'll see that there's alot of different problems, i.e. not booting at all, OS errors, faulty disc drives etc...

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Cid is doing Civilization for the DS

I've read a ton of faulty 360 reports. Kind of feel sorry for people who ended up with one. But like I said I'd much rather have the Japanese test everything for me first it avoids that sort of thing.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

If you read the whole thread, you'll see that there's alot of different problems, i.e. not booting at all, OS errors, faulty disc drives etc...

I imagine it's got a lot to do with rushing everything so much. It's also the arse end of world wide releases.

Ironic thing is , there is little worth rushing out for in the launch titles anyway.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Cid is doing Civilization for the DS

That is going to do wonders for office productivity. Instead of calling in sick to play civ, people will go to work to play civ.

Heja Sverige!!

That is going to do wonders for office productivity. Instead of calling in sick to play civ, people will go to work to play civ.

:o

It seems suited to a handheld format in some respects but not in others. Games tend to take too long for one thing.

The DS is idealy suited though with the split screen.

If games took about 5 hours I'd manage to finish one a week.

Certainly be fun though, especially if they tap into the WiFi the way Mario Kart does.

478327[/snapback]

:p

It seems suited to a handheld format in some respects but not in others. Games tend to take too long for one thing.

The DS is idealy suited though with the split screen.

If games took about 5 hours I'd manage to finish one a week.

Certainly be fun though, especially if they tap into the WiFi the way Mario Kart does.

I suppose the idea is that because the game is the turn based you clock in a few turns at random intervals. A couple of turns on the train to work. Ten turns during lunch hour. Fifty during boring board meeting.

I can picture the slogans: Crack cocaine for the busy addict on the go.

EDIT: Did I write crack cocaine? I meant Civilization DS. :o

EDIT2: Kudos to Metadigital.

Edited by Soulseeker

Heja Sverige!!

I live in an area full of idiots. They waited in line at the stores today, before they opened, to buy this X-box 360 and they all sold out in an hours time. Some people got mad because the store sold out. Stupid people.

We sold out about ten minutes after the store opened this morning. We had 4 drunk idiots at the store last night who would only talk to the one female employee. Kept asking how much to get her to come back to their house. Apparently they were from another store and were trying to buy a bunch of 360's to sell at another store for a big markup. :lol:

Almost had someone killed in the lineup apparently. One of the guys went outside and said "We only have enough for everyone up to you." The last guy to get one turned around and looked at the others and went "HA HA SUCKERS! YOU WAITED IN LINE FOR NOTHING!" There was a group of 3 people that looked like they were about to kick the crap out of him, or so I was told. :shifty:

Almost had someone killed in the lineup apparently. One of the guys went outside and said "We only have enough for everyone up to you." The last guy to get one turned around and looked at the others and went "HA HA SUCKERS! YOU WAITED IN LINE FOR NOTHING!" There was a group of 3 people that looked like they were about to kick the crap out of him, or so I was told. :shifty:

Thats nothing!

http://www.smashmyxbox.com/

smx7.jpg

Thats nothing!

http://www.smashmyxbox.com/

smx7.jpg

Linkie no workie.

It was working when I first posted it....really weird

Anyways, this guy took donations to buy an X-box 360

He then exited the store, took it out of the box, and broke it with a sledge hammer in front of all the waiting kids (he was apparently camping out for 2 days before to make sure he got one)

NwN was a online game

NWN was not advertised as an online game (if you mean in the sense of MMORPG), but a Forgotten Realms based RPG with ability to easily make user-made content. The majority of players still bought game for single player.

and so they could not really push the graphics and I remenber the outcry over how Nvidia card had a water effect that ATI cards could not (at the time) produce.

I don't see the relevance of what are you saying here. :lol:

NWN multiplayer capabilities have nothing to do with graphics.

PS:T sold crap.

Never said it sold well.

What I said is that its strength was not graphics (and anyway there were other good selling Infinity games).

GTA series make it with GTA III in consoles, before it was not a big name and certainly not the massive mover it became after being in consoles.

1. GTA2 was popular before GTA3

2. GTA3 is not pushing graphics as its primary feature (though it is up-to-date)

Wrong, PC games run on the "gaming machines" fanatics ... they are a niche market due to the high price of having a "gaming rig".

PC being a niche market does not have anything to do with system requirements. Graphics settings in almost any PC game can be adjusted. You need the latest hardware only if you wat all bells and whistles on.

NwN 2 lack of "graphic whoring" is because its a online game and so there are limits of how far can it push processing power because such power is needed to be connected.

:shifty:

Graphics and network playing performance are virtually independent of each other and there is not much processing power needed for online play.

Edited by Diamond

It was working when I first posted it....really weird

Anyways, this guy took donations to buy an X-box 360

He then exited the store, took it out of the box, and broke it with a sledge hammer in front of all the waiting kids (he was apparently camping out for 2 days before to make sure he got one)

It works now. Strange. :lol:

I figured that's what it was. Like the smash my iPod thing.

EDIT:

NwN was a online game

NWN was not advertised as an online game (if you mean in the sense of MMORPG), but a Forgotten Realms based RPG with ability to easily make user-made content. The majority of players still bought game for single player.

And got screwed with a really crappy single player game. :shifty:

Edited by Deraldin