The end is the beginning is the end.

Darth Jebus

It was working when I first posted it....really weird

Anyways, this guy took donations to buy an X-box 360

He then exited the store, took it out of the box, and broke it with a sledge hammer in front of all the waiting kids (he was apparently camping out for 2 days before to make sure he got one)

That is awesome (w00t)

He then exited the store, took it out of the box, and broke it with a sledge hammer in front of all the waiting kids (he was apparently camping out for 2 days before to make sure he got one)

OMG LOL :lol::-

I found that genuinely laugh-out-loud funny :p

Eh. It's still less buggy or breakable than the PC, or its games.  Everything has problems espicially when it first comes out. Technology is still very untrustworthy.

No, the point of a console is to standardise the hardware to eliminate (or at least minimise towards a probability of zero).

This indicates that some part of the QA is faulty. Either the hardware wasn't QA'd properly, or the game wasn't. If it's the hardware, then there will need to be a patch to all further games to fix it (like the Intel 486 co-processor debacle, or the Hubble telescope's initial myopia), or a recall (depending on the seriousness).

If it's software, then the publisher/developer/M$ are to blame for either poor work or poor standards checking.

An Xbox should work like a tv or DVD player, not a PC: it should (under normal working conditions) not crash.

That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some wag had put some sort of thermal enhancer on the GPU/CPU chips, to induce a crash, and cause some bad press ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That is awesome (w00t)

Actually, that sounds awesome because you weren't in line. Of course, you'll scream bloody murder when this fool ends up getting killed because he decides to act like his jack-ass self in front of the wrong person at the wrong time. Well, you won't scream bloody murder, because you people revel in this stupid crap, but you'll scream bloody murder when it spawns a whole new movement against computer games and consoles.

Wasting your money for the sole purpose of being a jerk doesn't make you clever. It makes you stupid.

/angry Eldar rant.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Cid is doing Civilization for the DS

I've read a ton of faulty 360 reports. Kind of feel sorry for people who ended up with one. But like I said I'd much rather have the Japanese test everything for me first it avoids that sort of thing.

Sorry, SP, but your credibility is shot on this issue. I anticipated about a million reports like these a long time ago. Some of them are undoubtedly genuine, but many of them are going to be internet attacks by anti-xbox/anti-ms crazies.

I anticipate the exact same treatment for PS2 and Revolution, although not as much for the Revolution maybe.

I mean, come-on, there are folks buying same day xbox360s for the sole purpose of destroying them in front of the crowd? We are actually very lucky no-one has been killed for doing this. ...And, as much as I think it would be poetic justice for the punk loser, I'd rather not see anyone get hurt in all this mess.

As yet, the only thing I have decided is that I will not get any console until well into next year. I won't be forced to avoid the temptation of beating the holy crud out of some fool because he wants to prove his stupidity in front of a large group of angry consumers.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It's only clever until someone sticks a shiv between his ribs. Then it will be a tragedy and all your favorite lawyers will be hunting again and a lot of you will be ranting and crying like school girls. See, I'm getting my ranting out of the way now!

Obsidian Plays

Technically he was wasting other people's money since it was all donations. 

I am wondering if he bought the core or the premium package, because if it was core, he turned about $100 profit. 

Clever.

He bought a core system, but he lives in Canada so he didn't make $100 profit. If he made any profit it was no more than a couple bucks.

Poor Epiphany. I can just imagine him somewhere waiting two days in line and this is what he gets. M$ doesn

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I really really really hate to say this... but I hope he gets a bad one o:)

Just so he knows that M$ isn't the "console making gods" he seems to believe they are :)

...........ok, no, I can't back that up. <_<

I wish I could be meaner. :p

Actually, that sounds awesome because you weren't in line.  Of course, you'll scream bloody murder when this fool ends up getting killed because he decides to act like his jack-ass self in front of the wrong person at the wrong time.  Well, you won't scream bloody murder, because you people revel in this stupid crap, but you'll scream bloody murder when it spawns a whole new movement against computer games and consoles.

Wasting your money for the sole purpose of being a jerk doesn't make you clever.  It makes you stupid.

/angry Eldar rant.

Eldar, I will have to edit my TOMBS report for you. As a paid up member of the libertarian movement, I abhor your nannying interference.

Blaming someone who feels like expressing themselves in a non-standard way for the greedy mercenary behaviours of "members" (used in the loosest sense I can muster) of society is wrong. It is also a brilliant way to create repressed tension that will boil over somewhere else.

For all we know, this person could be a performance artist.

No one has the right to walk up to anyone and commit assault and battery, just because they did something unpopular with their own property.

That would be like me beating up on some poor Christian bookworms for reading the Bible with the intent to believe it. :p"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Technically he was wasting other people's money since it was all donations. 

I am wondering if he bought the core or the premium package, because if it was core, he turned about $100 profit. 

Clever.

He bought a core system, but he lives in Canada so he didn't make $100 profit. If he made any profit it was no more than a couple bucks.

Well then he's just an idiot.

I really really really hate to say this... but I hope he gets a bad one :(

Just so he knows that M$ isn't the "console making gods" he seems to believe they are :)

...........ok, no, I can't back that up.  <_<

I wish I could be meaner.  :devil:

I can. :)