The end is the beginning is the end.

Darth Jebus

Anyone who buys a new game or new game system on launch is an idiot.  Didn't those buggers remember the problems the first X Box had with the Thompson drive?  Oh, how soon people forget and those who do deserve what they get.

No, they're just willing to take a risk.

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

Taking risks when the only thing you may win by doing so is a bit of spared patience is, by definition, stupid.

Does that make all the people who bought KotOR2 before the patch came out stupid?

I think you guys are just biased because you're not interested in the 360 or the games currently on it.

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

This stuff is to be expected seeing as its the first generation of hardware. It happens with a lot of things.

I can readily believe MS skipped a rigorous soak test in order to release the 360 on time. It definitely sucks to be the consumer sfter the waiting and spending the money to get faulty equipment but i hear MS are replacing faulty boxes.

Now all they need are some games.

I have simple rules..

Never buy a console.

Never buy a PC game until it's been patched at least once (MOO3 branded this into my brain)

Good idea.

I'll buy the game when it's released and play it if it's a game I've been waiting for. Otherwise I'll just wait until the game is cheaper and by then there will be patches for it.

Consoles you shouldn't buy when they are first released like many have said but later on. Which is why I laugh at those fools who waited inline at the stores this week when the 360 was released.

They do that a lot. It's their "thing". Because they're...eh, professionals?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'd tend to agree with Hades given the poor run of first units.

I agree with Hades, but that is not mutually exclusive of the point I made.

If I buy as spanking new PC and it doesn't work, you can bet the retailer / brand owner / lots of senior marketing people who pay the salaries of the people who make the PC that I bought / popular press / etc will all know exactly how peed off I am and to what decimal degree, within very short order, AND what I expect the recompense should be.

This "send 'em out and we'll see what's wrong with them when the returns come back" QA attitude of M$, first seen in their marketspeak sofware and now crossing over into their hardware (never had these problems with a M$ keyboard or mouse) should not be tolerated in any way shape or form.

It's either negligence or false advertising and consequential larceny, on a scale unheard of previously.

What's next, the M$ keyboards will start to assign random keycodes to the buttons as someone types?

Exactly. If the production of the product is too much for them, they shouldn't be allowed to make them, let alone advertise them. Kitchens and heat, dontchaknow?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Once again(time and time again, to be exact), I have to agree with you. Not that 'having' is a bad thing in this case. I'm more than welcome for the need to agree with an intelligent and, if I may say so, cognisant person. Why did I use the word 'have' then? In this context it might seem to jold a fairly negative undertone, like e.g if I'd be "compelled by and outer force" to agree. I have(oh, plays on words) no choice but to blame this all on my rather thin vocabulary and my failing memory when it comes to usable alternatives in writing english. Woe is me.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Bogus or not bogus?: Have there been some defective units? Not bogus. Are defective consoles prevalent? Bogus...according to Microsoft, anyway.

... AND ... :ermm: ... Where's the inciteful editorial summation? The journalistic commentary that gives the readers an idea as to what the exact nature and scale of the issues?

This is crap. All they have done is googled a couple of press releases and copy and pasted them in their own rumour.

Not part of the solution, part of the problem.

Stupid site.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Why can't I find another vice than this forum? The later it gets( in this case maybe 'earlier' would be more apt, considering it's almost 3:00 here), the more I ramble.

kirottu said:

I'm like a pineapple when I ramble; all spikes and hard shell, but soft and mushy inside. And lips get hurt when I'm being eaten. How's that for a member?!

kirottu said:

I swear I'm going to regret writing all this in the morning.

No, make that a wov.

kirottu said:

I don't think it'll show up on anyone's radar or end-of-session report. :ermm:

The only ones who witness these late-night/early-morning stream-of-consciousness extemporariousnesses are those participating, the rest are safely tucked up in bed or constructively deploying their time. Or not.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT