Movies you've seen lately

Baley

Whatever that horrible sci-fi original monster movie was last night. What is it with them and their obsession with giant snakes, insects, etc...and why can they produce decent shows like Gallactica and make such utter crap for movies?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was just forced to watch Serenity which I had adamantly refused to do because I knew it was going to suck.

OK.

It didn't suck.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Dark Water.

Predictable yet somehow, very watchable. I liked it more than The Ring, say. Probably the strong & mature performances in the movie, the fact it was more drama/suspense than 'horror' and the rain/water images, which I always like. Weak ending but that's almost always true.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Dark Water.

Predictable yet somehow, very watchable. I liked it more than The Ring, say. Probably the strong & mature performances in the movie, the fact it was more drama/suspense than 'horror' and the rain/water images, which I always like. Weak ending but that's almost always true.

I agree. :)

evil_twin.jpg

American remake I bet.

I watched Crimson Rivers yesterday. Fully recommended.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

So do I. The sequel, however, is a mess.

Sequel? Educate a fellow pleb, please.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I liked them both, but I enjoyed Angels of the Apocalypse more. I think I preferred the larger-scale plot (howevere goof it might have been) and the spoooky overtones, especially at the beginning.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I just like Reno

Is that a bad thing?

kirottu said:

Sequel? Educate a fellow pleb, please.

It's the word for a follow-up in the same series, my friend.

This is where you get to hit me in the head with a hard, rusty and pointy object, Mus

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

I just like Reno

Is that a bad thing?

Nope. He's hot. :thumbsup:

A little goofy looking, but it adds to his charm.

Thanks, Crash. :thumbsup:

It seems I wasn't the only one who found that karate scene awful.

kirottu said:

because he's BETTER than chuck norris...

I just saw serenity...

:collapses in a pile of goo from the awesomness of that movie:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.