Ouch

Child of Flame

I've mentioned it in passing before, but I feel like clarifying it now while my arm is bleeding.

Last Sunday, we went down to the SPCA and picked out two kittens, one for my younger sister, one for my younger brother, the one for my brother was able to be discharged Monday, my sister's arrives Friday (Due to California law they can no longer leave the animal shelters before being fixed.)

Anyhow, this post concerns my little brothes, he's an adorable little Siamese mix, has all the markings minus white instead of black boots, and a little tringular blaze running up his nose, point upwards. (I'll try and get some batteries for my digital camera for later pictures.)

He is my little brothers, but due to me being home a lot more than my brother at the moment, and my brother's rough treatment of him, he seems to have taken more of a liking to me. Yesterday he slept in my lap most of the day while I was her on the magickal intertron, today it is looking like he plans on doing the same.

Today I slept in though, and this didn't please him. So he proceeded to crawl under the bedspread and scracth/gnaw my right bicep. Kittens aren't capable of doing all that much damage in one fell swoop, so being in a deep sleep it was negligible for awhile, as I gradually woke up more and more, pushing him away every time I felt a 'tickling' on my arm.

Long story short, I have now woken up, and the cat is sleeping in my lap again, while my bicep bleeds for him. ^_^

So cute though.

I doubt I shall ever understand the appeal of adopting an animal which causes nothing but trouble. :-

Sorry, was thinking out loud about why women date me.

*b-dum tish!*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Eh... he's better than the... second to last kitten we had in the house (I think) that thing was so lazy you could pick him up and use him as a scarf while he was asleep... only thing he'd so is move somtimes.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Heh, i love those kind of cats, they suit my personality perfectly :D

Same (kind-of) thing happened to me a while ago CoF, but not as bad.

At college, there is a shop just down the road from the main buildings, which me and my friends often go to in our free periods and our lunchtimes. One time when i went there, we say a fat ginger cat just lazing around on the seats outside the shop, so me and a friend thought how cute it was and went to stroke it. When we approached it, it jumped off the bench, landed on the floor next to our legs, and proceeded to start slashing away at our trousers with its claws! :wub:

I now make a wide berth around that cat everytime i see it now :(

Edited by Petay

The good thing about cats is that while kittens are super cute, unlike dogs, they don't get big enough to not be cute anymore. Cats rule.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I never have trouble with animals except for those little yappy dogs. I've had a monkey sit on the table and share lunch without going crazy and flinging crap or even food (should have seen the people stare) but little yappy dogs and I just dont get along.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

if you want to have some fun with a long haired cat, shave its tail. it'll think that it's tail is an alien organism and try to kill it... even adults do this. (no we wern't trying to have fun at the cat's expence when we did this, it's just his tail kept getting coated in burrs that it was more like a mace than anything else.)

I've made a cat go nuts with the encarta cat sound that they have...

Cats rule.

I'll agree. Most of them, anyway. I've met exceptions...

Why is it that cats feel the need to show you the things they have killed, and sometimes partially consumed ?

Because your family... it's a gift. Our female cat is currently 8 lbs. she has has a litter in the past but got fixed by the spca where we got her (this one was up in rocklin Child). I think she brings them in to say "Ok here's how to hunt and heres' what you get from hunting, oh and that's dinner by the way."

on a side note our other cat is a whopping 18.6 lbs of clumsyness. (he's fallen off a window sill before. We also have a cat ramp that runs up the wall in our living room to a very high window. the cats like to sleep there and its about 1.5 ft wide... he's fallen off that too.)

Because your family... it's a gift. Our female cat is currently 8 lbs. she has has a litter in the past but got fixed by the spca where we got her (this one was up in rocklin Child). I think she brings them in to say "Ok here's how to hunt and heres' what you get from hunting, oh and that's dinner by the way."

Our first cat was feral. My father "rescued" it when the site was used for building. Despite that it was still friendly, although it would never eat catfood.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

One of my remaining cats (11 y.o) is too fat around the middle to fold over and reach around and clean her own behind. She tries, and doesn't quite make it, and sits there looking hopelessly forlorn in a cute yet pathetic way. We call her our harpy-seal, cause she looks like one when she lies down, I swear.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

if you want to have some fun with a long haired cat, shave its tail. it'll think that it's tail is an alien organism and try to kill it... even adults do this. (no we wern't trying to have fun at the cat's expence when we did this, it's just his tail kept getting coated in burrs that it was more like a mace than anything else.)

I've made a cat go nuts with the encarta cat sound that they have...

If you really want to have fun, shave off its whiskers. Cats use them as a measuring tool. You will notice they are as wide as the widest part of the cat. They let it know what it can and cant pass through so when you cut them it thinks it can fit through small openings.

Hilarity ensues.