Dungeon Seige? Who? What?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Newskool hack n' slash. Pay no mind to it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Newskool hack n' slash. Pay no mind to it.

I know I was being sarcastic, hard to do over the net. Like DS doesn't even exist in the same plane as D2. It is nothing compared to D2. :wub:

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Not even in the same league, those two.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Not even close. That's like comparing the greatness Fallout to Fallout Tactics.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Yes. As in; they're two totally different games.

Which is better? Well, that's a different subject.

kirottu said:

I knew you'd say that. Idiot.

kirottu said:

I would hope so considering that they were a year or so apart in technology.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

I meant Diablo 2 and Dungeon Siege 2. Not Dungeon Siege 1 and 2. Just to get that cleared. I don't think they're comparable.

kirottu said:

Finally got around to buying this "Baldur's Gate 2" game that I hear is pretty good.

So far it's living up to the hype.

Finally? Well better late than never. It's a great game, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Yeah, only recently have I realized that there is a RPG gamer inside me, struggling to get out. I had hints when I fell in love with Zelda: OoT for the n64 (Inventory? What a novel concept!), but KOTOR (and its successor) inspired me to search out some of these classic party-based RPGs.

I've actually been looking forward to playing BG2 for a while, and I'm really enjoying it. Right now, my biggest problem is deciding who I want in my party. There's just so many interesting characters with different capabilities! I better stop before I make everyone nostalgic.

The only other Black Isle title in that vein that I've played so far is Fallout 2. I cut my teeth on Doom and Road Rash, so the complexity of the games scared me away (200 spells? THAC0? No thank you sir, I'll take NBA 2K1). I guess it wouldn't be that intimidating for tabletop D&D'ers. Either way, I'm glad I finally rose to the challenge. :lol:

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Yeah, only recently have I realized that there is a RPG gamer inside me, struggling to get out. I had hints when I fell in love with Zelda: OoT for the n64 (Inventory? What a novel concept!), but KOTOR (and its successor) inspired me to search out some of these classic party-based RPGs.

I've actually been looking forward to playing BG2 for a while, and I'm really enjoying it. Right now, my biggest problem is deciding who I want in my party. There's just so many interesting characters with different capabilities! I better stop before I make everyone nostalgic.

The only other Black Isle title in that vein that I've played so far is Fallout 2. I cut my teeth on Doom and Road Rash, so the complexity of the games scared me away (200 spells? THAC0? No thank you sir, I'll take NBA 2K1). I guess it wouldn't be that intimidating for tabletop D&D'ers. Either way, I'm glad I finally rose to the challenge.  :lol:

One of the real advantages of coming late to a genre is there is plenty of stuff out out there to play. As long as you dont mind the dated looks of course.

I always have the same problem with Fire Emblem, so many characters and support conversations that you just can't fit them all in.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Diablo2 doesn't have cute pack animals.

D2 and DS2 have a very different feel from each other, but I must agree with Battlewookie and say that at heart, they're essentially the same.

Course, I think most 'action-RPG's' are the same, really. Just different faces, items, and maps. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Forgot to mention...I'm currently playing Diablo2 with a SP mod that allows me to have the Realm b.net 1.11 features without the actual idiotic hassle of b.net. It's been a mildly fun blast of the past...although I'm finding the 800x600 2D graphics a lot more annoying now than I did 4 years ago, so I think it's almost time for something else.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh man, I played through Shadow of the Colossus on Saturday. I think the game tried to kill me. It was great.

Another three years (or more) till the next one. Makes you wonder what the PS3 version will be like dosnt it.

Of possible interest for those in europe. Collosus is being released with ICO as a collector edition.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Been thinking of reinstalling C&C Tiberian Sun and play it. It's been a long time since I've played it.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

WoW. D:

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin