What are you playing now?

Darque

On the bright side,

1. we get to play game, not QA it

2. we get to play it with less bugs,

3. and most importantly, will not be sick of it in the end

First off all; being payed to play games (even if it is 2000x the same level/part) is probably a damn nice job (except with bad games)

Hell, we need to do it ourselves with the modern RPG's (KOTOR2, Vampire, Dungeon Siege2 come to mind) and for that testing we pay $50,-

If you work they might actually listen to your comments on ingame-bugs too :)

And on the 3 notes above:

1. So?

2. Watches Kotor2 box, or recalls his DS2 Beta Version Copy. Can't really imagine that...

3. If a game is good, 20x the same area still doesn't bore (trust me, I know...)

On the bright side,

1. we get to play game, not QA it

2. we get to play it with less bugs,

3. and most importantly, will not be sick of it in the end

First off all; being payed to play games (even if it is 2000x the same level/part) is probably a damn nice job (except with bad games)

Hell, we need to do it ourselves with the modern RPG's (KOTOR2, Vampire, Dungeon Siege2 come to mind) and for that testing we pay $50,-

If you work they might actually listen to your comments on ingame-bugs too :rolleyes:

And on the 3 notes above:

1. So?

2. Watches Kotor2 box, or recalls his DS2 Beta Version Copy. Can't really imagine that...

3. If a game is good, 20x the same area still doesn't bore (trust me, I know...)

On point one, while I am always looking for bugs and breaking things and all that, I do get to play for fun occasionally, reporting how things could be more fun, or which areas are so good that they bring me to tears. RPG's are pretty fun to QA, just because they have so much content that it's harder to get tired of them.

On point two, yes will be playing a game with drastically less bugs. Anyone who thinks a release version or even a beta version of a game could compare to a pre-alpha title or even an alpha title has obviously never touched a real alpha version of a game.

On point three, on a good game, you eventually can go back and enjoy a game that you have QA'd. However, no matter how great the game is, a QA tester will be sick of it. It

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

On point two, yes will be playing a game with drastically less bugs.  Anyone who thinks a release version or even a beta version of a game could compare to a pre-alpha title or even an alpha title has obviously never touched a real alpha version of a game.

I was in a beta test a few years back... I can only imagine the horrors an alpha version test could be. :ph34r:

Age of Mythology: the Titans

Alas, it seems I won't be getting AoE: 3 this year.  I don't have XP.  :)

I never did get round to playing AoM The Titans. I liked AoM but I think I lost interest for some reason, probably due to something else being out at the same time or something.

I'm debating getting AoE III since I do love the AoE games...I'm having a lot of fun with Civ IV though...

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

I didn't like AOE or AOE 2 for some reason (seemed bland to me)... but my brother picked up AOE 3 and I have to say it looks fairly impressive :)

I lost a lot of hours to AoE II. Lots of fun. :) I'm having difficulty maintaining my willpower and not ordering AoE III...Give me strength!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

I prefer Rise of Nations over AoE, I found it more fun to play.

Rise of Nations is good. Another similiar type game is C&C Tiberian Sun. :thumbsup:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Tiberian sun died a horrible death because of a few things like the fact the entire game looked like it should be in 2800 or somthing. And it was JUST A TAD bit unbalanced.

You look at Red Alert though that game was fun!

Generals is... not command and conquer.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I can remember playing Red Alert on dial up on my old PC against my buddies from work. That was pretty cool at the time, along with the first Gabriel Knight game and Warcraft. Red Alert was my favorite of the three though.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.