Interplay still alive

ramza

Nobody cares. They had their day of glory.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I don't see why Herve even intends to reopen the boards.  Chances are it will end up like the old FOBOS forums.

I agree. I have a feeling opening the forums will just allow people to vent their anger and it won

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

They are going to need some sort of plan. Personally I would release all of the old IP stuff on handheld format. Thats pretty good place to start and it keeps the costs down.

It really dosnt take a great deal to make a succesful handheld game, in comparrison to something that would get noticed on a console in todays market.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

They are going to need some sort of plan. Personally I would release all of the old IP stuff on handheld format. Thats pretty good place to start and it keeps the costs down.

It really dosnt take a great deal to make a succesful handheld game, in comparrison to something that would get noticed on a console in todays market.

Fallout could work well on a handheld (DS with the stylus, etc).

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Fallout could work well on a handheld (DS with the stylus, etc).

Yep makes selecting things a lot easier, although they don't own it anymore do they ? Or could they redo FO1&2 without any problems ?

I'm not even sure what they own anymore but handhelds are always a good option if you want to keep production values down.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

They bought the rights to Fallout 3 (and the option to make 4 and 5 I think)

They don't have rights to everything Fallout (specifically mentioned was a MMORPG Fallout)

In that case a DS or GBA Fallout would be a pretty good move.

478327[/snapback]

Hey, does anyone know if Interplay is still alive?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.