Interplay still alive

ramza

Fallout is a little too text-heavy to be on the DS.

Don't see why that would be a problem. Do you mean it's not possible or it's not suited ?

Imagine, for example, the dialogue screen used in Fallout 1&2. Now, imagine trying to condense it to fit on the screen of a gameboy.

It would look a little awkward, no?

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

Imagine, for example, the dialogue screen used in Fallout 1&2.  Now, imagine trying to condense it to fit on the screen of a gameboy.

It would look a little awkward, no?

On a Gameboy perhaps.. but there's also the PSP! It has a somewhat higher resolution screen, although I am sure they would have to compress it a little even for the PSP. Ok, I looked it up: 480x272.. that's uh.. still too little. Oh well, one can dream..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No console junkie would play Fallout except that craptastic title Interplay did FOPOS.  I don't see any tried and true console junkie to have the patience for Fallout's combat system.

Don't play many handheld games do you ? If people can handle the likes of FireEmblem/Advance Wars , Fallouts not going to be a challenge in any way. If anything FO may just be too easy.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

A fine game like Fallout needs to stay for the pc and pc only. Consolers have enough little games to play with.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

A fine game like Fallout needs to stay for the pc and pc only.  Consolers have enough little games to play with.

If interplay can sell it they should. The early Final Fantasies were given a GBA makeover (although they still wont release FFIII here I think they do it on purpose just to annoy me).

IP probably have a lot of stuff that they were releasing 10 years ago which could re emerge on a handheld.

I bugged BF to make a wasteland handheld during the Bards Tale develpment.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Fallout isn't dead. There's a sequel brewing in the Bethesda headquarters. Whether you like it or not, Fallout is far from dead.

Oh, and Herve has promised us a Fallout Online too! :huh:)

Lovely. :huh: We don't need any more Fallout sequels or anything else that could tarnish its good name.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Lovely.  :huh:  We don't need any more Fallout sequels or anything else that could tarnish its good name.

I fail to see the logic in that. I played Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel long after I had played Fallout & Fallout 2, and I still think those are excellent games, despite FOBOS. Why would a bad sequel somehow affect a good original? It doesn't work that way. I believe it has the opposite effect, actually. I think a lot of folks remember Deus Ex (for example) as a hell of a lot better than they first thought, after playing through Deus Ex: Invisible War, just because the sequel was so crappy.

If Bethesda was making a Fallout game it would have none of the original designers on it, there for it wouldn't be any good. The old core team is what made Fallout so great. Having a bunch noobs screwing around with it is just bad. >_<

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Because it degrades the series as a whole. Take the Deus Ex series as a whole and compare it tothe Baldur's Gate Series as a whole and tell me which series is better. If I was to compare the BG series as a whole to the Fallout series I would say BG series were better. If I was just to FO 1 and 2, the Fallouts were better, but taking each series as a whole the overall quality in the BG games are better.

Speaking of noobie developers, has Bethesda done any science fiction role playing games ever?

Edited by Hades_One

I fail to see the logic in that. I played Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel long after I had played Fallout & Fallout 2, and I still think those are excellent games, despite FOBOS. Why would a bad sequel somehow affect a good original? It doesn't work that way. I believe it has the opposite effect, actually. I think a lot of folks remember Deus Ex (for example) as a hell of a lot better than they first thought, after playing through Deus Ex: Invisible War, just because the sequel was so crappy.

After playing FOT FO's combat system just seemed clunky and needlesly slow.

478327[/snapback]

Yet it is FO and needs to be like that for it to remain FO. One of the reasons why FO needs to stay dead. FO 1 and FO 2 were wonderful and great games back in the day, but today they just don't cut it. If they try to modernize Fallout it will lose some key elements that made Fallout well Fallout. Let Fallout be dead.

Yet it is FO and needs to be like that for it to remain FO.  One of the reasons why FO needs to stay dead.  FO 1 and FO 2 were wonderful and great games back in the day, but today they just don't cut it.  If they try to modernize Fallout it will lose some key elements that made Fallout well Fallout.  Let Fallout be dead.

Precisely. It was good back in the day, let it stay dead.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Because it degrades the series as a whole.

Yeah.. And that will matter as soon as I figure out how to play a series instead of the individual games I currently am forced to install. >_<

If I feel like playing Fallout, Fallout: Tactics will have no influence whatsoever on my gaming experience, no matter what I think about that sequel.

Why would anyone view individual games as a series..? What's the point of that? That would mean that the Ultima series is bad, seeing as Ultima 1, Ultima 2, Ultima 6, Ultima 8 and Ultima 9 are less than average games. Still people regard the good Ultima's as some of the best games ever.

Having a series is like those trashy slasher flicks. The first couple are good or great but as another is made they become cheap trash.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG