Is Star Wars Battlefront II any good ?

Damn America. Everything is released here last! One more day...One more day. From waht I have seen in gameplay videos and trailers, the game is kickass. It takes the first game adds space battles, new ground missions, new single player focusing on the 501st squad of clone troppers (anakins squad) and adds new planets (Couruscant, Mustafar,Felucia) Also, select jedi are available on each mission to play as well as other characters like Boba Fett.

Edited by Akhan225

Damn America. Everything is released here last!

Actually it's more the exception that he rule. Thats one reason I asked, I thought the game would have been released over there sometime last week.

Oh well guess I'll rent it :blink:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I played the beta test. Honestly it stunk. It wasn't the atmosphere, that part was great, it was the gameplay.

In Battlefield 2, when I open up on a guy with a gun, it's clear I am hitting him. Explosions are well done and obvious. The game engine lends itself to a realistic battlefield experience.

In Battlefront I couldn't tell what I was hitting. Every once and awhile, people would collapse, and grenades would explode, but there wasn't any real relatioship between the two.

My opinion is that Battlefield 2 is a much better product. I know it's not Star Wars, and maybe you'll enjoy Battlefront II if you haven't played Battlefield 2, but I can't recommend it.

I also played it about 2 months ago, so they might of enhanced it a bit, but I'm not holding my breath.

In Battlefield 2, when I open up on a guy with a gun, it's clear I am hitting him.  Explosions are well done and obvious.  The game engine lends itself to a realistic battlefield experience.

You can?

When I played BF2 a fire-fight was usually a fight of luck...

He either survived my 300 bullets and killed me, or died out of a sudden with 4 of them, aimed on the exact same way...

And then I talk about fully healed enemies...

You can?

When I played BF2 a fire-fight was usually a fight of luck...

He either survived my 300 bullets and killed me, or died out of a sudden with 4 of them, aimed on the exact same way...

And then I talk about fully healed enemies...

Sounds like your connection and/or your PC suck. :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

If it's anything like Battlefront I then I might stay clear of it.  I'm waiting on some reviews before getting it.

Well it's definately very like Battlefront I. There are a few classes added but otherwise it's very much the same. The major difference would be the space sections. Thats actually pretty good fun, you fly a ship into the hanger, jump out and then run around destroying it from the inside.

Thus far it only rates an ok from me. The campaign is still in the EPI-III phase so totally unexiting.

They also didnt do that Jedi's arse justice :rolleyes: She's in the game, but lacking in the pertness.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

• 2 weeks later...

I got Battlefront II. It wasn't bad. Im not usually into those kinds of games, but it had a solid storyline which spanned Ep III and parts of the Galactic Civil War. I have played most of the Medal of Honor games, and they were good, but Battlefront plances you in a warzone. Other FPS werent hectic enough to be considered in a war.

Just bought it:

It's not the best game I've played, but it's fun. The space battles are a bit confusing at first, but once you get used to it it's fine. The story mode is great in my opinion. You play as the 501st. Before each mission you get a brief scene from one of the movies and a voiceover of what the men of the 501st were doing at the time. The Jedi fighting is as good as it can be. The whole thing about the 'Jedi not dying, and just leaving the fight' is a load of bullspit though. Four times my Jedi just dropped to his/her knees and disappeared. Over all the game it okay but I haven't had the chance to play all that much of it, I just bought Call of Duty: 2 and the online play is addictive.

I just bought Battlefront 2 for my friends yesterday, and we've been playing it a lot since. I would say its a ridiculously addictive game, its fun too, since theres a lot going on at once all the time, and theres always action. I would say that the space battles are a bit boring though, its pretty much the same thing over and over again :thumbsup:

Overall though, i really enjoyed it :D

Of course it's an EA game. They will own the world soon. You must assimilate.

Seriously, the Battlefield series is top-notch. Battlefront is just a clone set in the SW universe. There was actually a SW mod for Battlefield 1942 that I thought was better than the original Battlefront.

The thing with EA is...if you throw enough rocks out onto the store shelves, eventually you might find a diamond inside.

I'm sure that will destroy them Hades. In fact, I think all the employees of EA are reading this message board and collectively shedding a single tear. Despair will sit heavy in their corporate hearts.

Well played Hades, well played.