Looking for a game..

Petay

Hey all,

I've just recently ran all the fun out of my games which i have, so i am in the process of looking for a new one at the moment. :)

Any suggestions all of you have will be appreciated, even if it is an old game, just any game for PC you think is worth buying and playing. I know there's a lot of different-genre fans here, and TBH im not bothered which type of game it is either :x.

I suggest getting Age of Empires 3, if the demo is any indication of what's to come, you'll be spending days and days improving home cities and building infrastructure over the frozen corpses of indians. :)

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Robbing trains and burning churches :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

In all seriousness; get AoE 3. What it lacks in action and strategy when compared to the better counterparts in the genre like Total War and DoW, it more then makes up for it with the lovely pseudo-historical themes and variety. It's what the previous games in the series tried to be; rts-civilization.

More about DoW: If you just play single player, don't get it. The campaing is a sorry excuse.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

AoE demo's?

Check http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/default.aspx and press the appropriate red V...

Personnally, I love AoE 2 and loath AoE 3...

Suggestions:

(FPS) PainKiller/Enemy Territory (FREE)

(RTS) Kohan II/AoE 2

(Racing) Midnight Club 2

(RPG) Kotors/BG/PS:T/etc.

(Hack&Slash) Dungeon Siege II

GTA San Andreas

Did I forgot adventures? Shame on me...

Monkey Islands/Grim Fandango/Syberia (1/2)/Fahrenheit

Edited by Battlewookiee

In all seriousness; get AoE 3. What it lacks in action and strategy when compared to the better counterparts in the genre like Total War and DoW, it more then makes up for it with the lovely pseudo-historical themes and variety. It's what the previous games in the series tried to be; rts-civilization.

More about DoW: If you just play single player, don't get it. The campaing is a sorry excuse.

Ah, but you can't run around with a techpriest saying "skillz" in AoE3, however great it may be. :cool:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Tried a Civ3 demo once before, it has got to be one of the most confusing games i have ever played, there was way to many options and options menus to chose from and just too much to keep an eye on throughout the time i was playing it :blink:.

I dont know if Civ4 is any different though...

Um...If you haven't played Starcraft (Linky), try it out. A classic, yet aging, RTS. Or maybe Homeworld 2 (Linky)

For FPS...maybe Call of Duty 2 (Linky) I got it on wednesday and I'm loving it so far, dearly. Multiplayer is a big part, so if you don't have a highspeed connection, don't bother.

RPG...Bloodlines (Linky) if you haven't gotten it.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Winter aussalt adds alot to the DOW experiance.... You get an entire new faction.

Red Alert 2 is always good, Homeworld2 as well...

Or try Rise of Nations

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Kohan (1 or 2) is a great RTS most people haven't played.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Not I. I am going for VTM: Bloodlines. Great RPG.

Indeed. Everyone who hasn't played Bloodlines must play it. Source Engine, good writing, good voice acting, highly modable and hackable content, and a basis in a terrific P&P system. What more could one ask for?

Okay, one could ask for a less buggy game, but with patch 1.2 it's really not that bad at all.

Indeed. Everyone who hasn't played Bloodlines must play it. Source Engine, good writing, good voice acting, highly modable and hackable content, and a basis in a terrific P&P system. What more could one ask for?

Okay, one could ask for a less buggy game, but with patch 1.2 it's really not that bad at all.

Speaking of mods, where are the mods for this game?

Speaking of mods, where are the mods for this game?

The former home of all great Bloodlines mods, vpaine.com, was seemingly shut down by the owner simply for financial reasons, unfortunately, and many of the mods which found their home there went with it. Under the circumstances, the best English-language Bloodlines mod site right now is the Modding forum on PlanetVampire.

A good site in the meantime (or anytime, if you speak French) for things like mods is the French-language http://www.vampire-network.net/. Files can be found here.

Why is everyone suggesting games from the RTS genre? :huh:

Because I started a new trend. :cool:

Seriously though; we've had a ton of "fav. games"-threads and I thought o suggest something fresh.

kirottu said:

Rise of Nations is a good game. I'm not that much into RTS games but it was pretty good.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Why is everyone suggesting games from the RTS genre? :huh:

Not guilty. I had to hold myself back from listing twenty point-and-click adventures.

Perhaps if the original poster would draw up a shortlist, we could discuss those games in more detail?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Beyond Good & Evil. You must play this game. It's $20 or less now, so there's really nothing holding you back from buying it. It comes in all current gen flavors (PC, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox), but it looks like Amazon only has the PC and PS2 versions anymore. :ermm:

It really is a beautiful game.

beyondgande_screen003.jpg

beyondgande_screen009.jpg

beyondgande_screen006.jpg

beyondgande_screen007.jpg

beyondgande_screen014.jpg

Those are all in game too, no FMV. Not bad for a game that's two years old next month.