Looking for a game..

Petay

Psychonauts...the guy behind Grim Fandango, which is the last adventure of the good-old-lucasarts-days (which are now replaced by the we-here-at-lucasarts-suck-days) and some might say (I do) the best, made this extremly funny, original and not-mainstream game...buy it...make tim schafer happy...make yourself happy (without feeling dirty afterwards)

Beyond Good & Evil...that is a good game...good story, good characters, it's funny, in a heartwarming way, it has a soul...buy it, you can't go wrong with this one

Anachronox...one of the older ones...but pure gold (with the latest [fanmade] patch, to be honest)...this game has the best character-attachment-ability (right behind planescape), one of the coolest storys (cyberpunk-filmnoir-craziness) , and the best cutscenes ever...and it's one of the funniest computer games

the first one is a mix between action-adventure and adventure (some say it's a jump and run, but I think action-adventure is more fitting)...the second one is kind of akin (but more gameplay-wise) and has a camera...the third one is an rpg (charcter development and fights like final fantasy...but the story, charcters and the humour are western-style)

all of them belong to the category to-original-to-get-sold...and it's a shame

Edited by Nameless One

The former home of all great Bloodlines mods, vpaine.com, was seemingly shut down by the owner simply for financial reasons, unfortunately, and many of the mods which found their home there went with it.  Under the circumstances, the best English-language Bloodlines mod site right now is the Modding forum on PlanetVampire

A good site in the meantime (or anytime, if you speak French) for things like mods is the French-language http://www.vampire-network.net/.  Files can be found here.

Too bad that first site you mentioned is gone. I'll check out Planetvampire then. :shifty:

Planescape: Torment ftw!

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Bah. Heathen!

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Right, so at the moment im kind of thinking of getting either AoE3, Beyond Good and Evil, or Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (sp?), or possibly a few/all of them :huh:.

I tried looking for them today in shops, but i actually couldnt find them anywhere :thumbsup:.

Im still not sure which one i should get out of them though, i will probably only get one of them...

Right, so at the moment im kind of thinking of getting either AoE3, Beyond Good and Evil, or Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (sp?), or possibly a few/all of them :huh:.

I tried looking for them today in shops, but i actually couldnt find them anywhere :thumbsup:.

Im still not sure which one i should get out of them though, i will probably only get one of them...

Don't even think about getting VtM: Bloodlines unless your PC has 1Gb RAM. Forget the minimum requirements on the box, 1Gb is what you need.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Rise of nations gold edition (it's got Thrones and patriots added to it) goes for about 19.99 American.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You do? I have 512MB and it does just fine.

Really? Even in the big open areas like Downtown? I'll admit I don't have a very powerful graphics card, but I upgraded from 512Mb to 1Gb RAM specifically for VtM:B, and it made a world of difference.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I downgraded to 512MB a while ago as a consequence of unforeseen compatibility issues between my Asus K8V and the infineon sticks I had on hand. Had no trouble playing Bloodlines with only 512MB (although it annoys me to no end that I've got two gigs of perfectly good RAM the Asus won't use without causing error). I've also read a couple people state that they played through the game from start to finish on 256MB. Certainly not ideal, but even that is possible. Anyway, I'd put the base recommended spec at 512MB, definitely not 1GB.

...grab a handful of the old Infinity Engine games (PS:T, IWD+expansion(s), BG+expansion(s), BG:SoA+craptacular expansion, IWD II), lock yourself in your bedroom (or wherever your PC is), and vegetate on the goodness... :thumbsup:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Heh, bumping my own thread here,

Just thought i'd let you know i bought VtM: Bloodlines and NWN + explansion packs in the end :thumbsup:.

I'm really enjoying VtM at the moment, its got a really dark feel to it, quite nice on the visual side too :wacko:. I'm also enjoying NWN too, but its quite a strange play for me, but i guess i just have to get used to the whole game engine, and the way it has to be played (i have got used to KotOR).

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help on the matter! :blink:

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30. I would have suggested the new one, but you really should play the first one before the second game. It's a great FPS that has a good mix of shooting, squad commanding, and a very solid (sometimes depressing) storyline.