Alternate Accounts?

Cantousent

What do you think of Alt Accounts?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Alt Accounts?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Maybe...
    • I AM AN ALT!

Well, I think I'm pretty much ensured to have a warning or two out of this thread. Let me just say right now, before I go to bed, please have mercy on me! I'm sorry, my scaly friend. I'm sorry.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Why would someone need an Alt-account? O.o

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Well, personally, I don't mind alt accounts, as some of them can be quite humourus at times, but some can just go way over the top. As seen above :).

I have to admit right here, i have had an alt-account once, but it was stupid and am going to get it deleted since i dont see the point in it now..

I've only ever had one alt account, and that was on a different forum which I hadn't visited for years, where my old username had some..."baggage" attached to it.

Other than that, I truly don't see the point in them. For that matter, I think having two at once is bloody silly, as evidenced in the previous pages. Why not just post it all under the one name?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I think it adds drama and mystery to the forum :ermm: Now that it has been revealed that the forums are rife with alt accounts it creates an air of distrust among the members.. nobody knows who is who. :o

Things have changed and then the rest of the season is spent finding out who the alts are, along the way we get into capers which force us to work together despite the distrust and for a brief moment it seems like we all want to be friends again :)) until we remember we don't know who we are <_<

This all leads up to a dramatic and highly exciting season finale where it seems all questions will be answered - until it is revealed that a key member of the forums is actually an alt and the reason why is earth shattering, thus turning everyone's world upside down... again.

Alt accounts are fine, who cares if they are used. The only sad thing is when someone uses an alt account to back up an argument they are fighting with someone else. That is extra lame!

But Volourn

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson