What game(s) would you like to see remade?

Using next gen technology what old games would you like to see remade ?

The two that spring to mind for me are these.

Dragon Strike

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=335

Because I'd never played anything like it, and there hasnt really been anything like it since then.

AutoDuel

http://www.abandonia.com/games/492/Autoduel.htm

Because it was just amazing again nothing made since has ever really captured it's spirit of the wide open spaces and town based dueling.

Try to keep them old and a bit obscure, k?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Dragon Strike would be awesome. Pure unadultareted dragon fun. Now, that you mention it, there hasn't been many a decent dragon after it. There was Drakan, but that was quite simplified and the dragon part was a bit lacking, same goes for Drag-on Dragoon. Though it had a interesting premise(mute protagonist and whatnot). Panzer Dragoon on the other hand doesn't really deserve a mention, as it's more of a soace shooter. And only for purists.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Magic Candle and Eye of the Beholder

Tie Fighter :-

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Oh, and Severance deserves a great spiritual successor.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Deus Ex

Day of the Tentacle/Indiana Jones adventures

Stunts

All of those have a graphical update or spiritual successor. Well, not Indy, but Deus Ex(light maps and normal maps/graphics remodeling), Tentacle( should have been redone by one devoted team, but I might mess it with the XP-compatibility thingie), Stunts(there was a decent driving game in the same spirit, it even had a level editor) all have.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

I'd like to see Twilight 2000 remade or something... have it work a bit like Silent Storm, except with the Twilight 2000 RPG rules... I don't know if it needs next gen stuff. I guess I want to see it remade mostly because it CAN be. It'd be awesome to actually drive from Krakow to Berlin in some old jeep. REAL TIME! *snickers*

Bloodnet would also be interesting.

In the early 90's and around there I think there was a lot of games that had a great idea, but the tech was only ALMOST there so they all fell short.

I just can't come up with any game that I'd REALLY want remade because most of them are VGA and looked (and still looks) good.

Hyperspeed with more focus on the Adventure part, because that was awesome. I loved talking diplomacy with these strange alien species. Hyperspeed and Elite, something like that. Man... now I want to play that Elite Remake again... DIE FURBALL! >:mellow:

EDIT: Deus Ex 1. Murr.

Edited by Noceur

The only game i would want to see remade is KotOR II, thank you very much.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Werewolf: The Apocalypse. Fine, it didn't ever get released, but if some studio would pick it up, update graphics and GIU and fix the obvious issues; we'd have one blast of gameplay in grubby claws. Imagine "I was a teenage werewolf" with you playing the hairy fellow. Everything a wolf can, you can. Scent, tracking, dexterity etc. But it doesn't end there, oh no. Between the human form and the wolf form there is Crinos. Imagine D&D wolfweres on steroids with keen intellect. But that's not at all. In human for you'd have human needs and frailties, with the ability to blend in the crowd and perform old-skool adventuring. As well as use various weapons. Take all those and add in the spiritual world Umbra, all of WoD lore and modern graphics. BLISS.

kirottu said:

^That too. Manny could do with a facelift, although the style itself is timeless.

kirottu said:

Remakes, you duff. Not sequels. :mellow:

kirottu said:

System Shock 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Oooh, and could i even forget?

Chrono Trigger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

None. Let the old games rest in peace. they did their part in gaming history, and it's time to move on. I want toi play NEW games; not OLD ones no matter how fancier their graphics may be.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.