What do you think?

Hildegard

No games should be made into movies. that's it. It will turn to disaster and that's the way it works.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Personally...I'd love to see this film once it's made...since the novels provide a fairly strong setting, the main character is a complete Badass, and...well, it's a sci-fi action-humans-against-monstrous(yet cool)-aliens-from-the-far-flung-edges-of-space kinda flick.

Did I mention I love the game? And that Bungie has made certain that they will have the final say on all things that go into their movie...which fills me with hope since I've got faith in that particular company, and an intense yearning for the summer of 2007 to just get here already.

BTW...Mortal Kombat was decent, in that it somewhat closely mirrored the game (But I couldn't help but laugh during most of the film), and Resident Evil was decent...since.........well, I never really watched that one, since I've no interest in the series.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

True.

Good for a laugh though.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Ok so maybe it's been about 6 years since i saw it last, (making me about 8) but i still enjoyed it. Infact it did pretty well for a game to movie conversion.

Resident Evil turned out good considering how dull the game is.

Im not saying that Halo wont suck...im just saying that most people here are judging it when you haven't so much as a screenshot.

Just try to remain neutral until more information is released, otherwise just stop posting the same stuff over and over again: ''OMGZ ANUFFER GAME BEING MADE 2 A MUVIE?!!?!?!? OMGZ DIS WIL SUX BAD!!!!!1111!11!1!''

Mortal Kombat was pure shit.

Guilty pleasure? Sure,but still shit.

Mortal Kombat was a good movie. It pulled off exactly what it set out to do, which was make an entertaining action movie out of a video game. It mostly stuck to the games premise, the acting was pretty good, as was the directing and VFX.

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation on the other hand... *shudders*

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Halo II wasnt bad, although I dont get the hype thing or people waiting outside for 6 hours just to get one.

Halo has the elements that could make a good movie it just depends how its put together.

;) :ph34r:

AUUUUGHH!!! IT'S A G-G-GHOST!!!

(I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks, I do, I do, I do, I do, I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks, I do, I do, I do, I do, I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks, I do, I do, I do, I do, ....)

Welcome back, ShadowPaladin. :thumbsup:

I didn't see resident evil and I didn't even know it was made from a game. I hate zombie movies (unless of course I am wrong about what the movie is about then I might like it)

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Didn't anyone watch the Resident Evil sequel? It pulled in a decent gross, so obviously somebody went to see it. I liked it, and more shockingly my wife liked it. Milla Jovavich is very charismatic, and it was good action fun.

I like the Resident Evil movies. They stay true to the style of the games yet put their own spin on the events. For a game to movie, both of them are the best of the bunch and good enough to stand on their own without the game backing them.

It is worth the rental to see if you like them and if you do, they are worth the buy.

I've got high hopes for the Halo movie. Halo games were awesome. One of the 2 reasons why first person shooter games are as good as they are...the other being Golden Eye for 64. both had amazing graphics for its time......and golden eye was a game from a movie. AND COMEON GUYS AND GIRLS STREET FIGHTER THE MOVIE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!(I don't know how else to show sarcasm while typing)

HeHe. If i recall, Street Fighter is on IMDB's 100 worst movies of all time list. Personally i don't think it was that bad, yes it's a very very bad movie but it had it's moments. Completely ruined by the cheeziness and the main villain being able to fly.

Didn't anyone watch the Resident Evil sequel?  It pulled in a decent gross, so obviously somebody went to see it.  I liked it, and more shockingly my wife liked it.  Milla Jovavich is very charismatic, and it was good action fun.

My woman actually really liked it, too, which I still can't figure out. I thought it was trash. Maybe it's all the strong female characters and the fact that the guys can't take care of themselves? I don't know. Don't remember much of it, except that the non-Milla Jovavich woman wore a short black skirt and combat boots throughout the entire thing, which I thought was ridiculous.

Guest Fishboot

I think it could be a good film. Bungie has a pretty nice space opera aesthetic in Halo, and there's plenty of ground in the setting left to cover.

I'd like to see a real ringworld, though, instead of the Halo ringmoons.