New Bioware game announced for Xbox 360

Epiphany

Gothic 2 is not a bad game. Sure it can be monotonous at times, story isn't anything special,..., but it is still a very good game, and worth playing.

I would like to know which RPGs are good by your opinion?

I hated Gothic 2. I couldn't make my own character, the controls were horrid, the combat uber lame. Third worse game I have ever played.

As for my favorite games (not just CRPGs) there are Fallout 1 and 2, Planescape Torment, The WIng Commander series, the Lunar Series, Jade Empire, Halo, Halo 2, Doom 3, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale 1 and 2, and the Ultima series minus 8 and 9.

I hated Gothic 2.  I couldn't make my own character, the controls were horrid, the combat uber lame.  Third worse game I have ever played.

I got used to controls in time, but combat was lame indeed, especially because it was hard and you couldn't go anywhere without having to fight your way trough dozens of wolfs, giant bees, etc.

But the world and characters of Gothic II seem pretty alive, which is the thing that many RPGs(and other games) can't deliver. Characters look and sound like they should, and all have diferent personalities. They live their lives in a real way, and treat you diferently, with more or less respect, depending on how you treat them or some people that they know, or depending on the fraction you join. And it isn't implemented just cosmeticly like in some RPGs, in Gothic every character will have diferent comments and reactions, and it will always look very real.

Also graphic design was great, with perfectly real morphology of mountains, hills, rivers, lakes, forests, villages, and farms, that are a work of art just for itself(this last thing wouldn't be important at all if the game wasn't good, but since it is good it just makes her better).

Oblivion is supposed to have rideable mounts and full voice-over....that should help a lot.

Yeah, I never understood why they removed the horses when they made Morrowind. I mean Daggerfall had horses, and I had plenty of fun with them too! Riding around inside stores going 100 MPH is always a blast.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yeah, I never understood why they removed the horses when they made Morrowind. I mean Daggerfall had horses, and I had plenty of fun with them too! Riding around inside stores going 100 MPH is always a blast.

Probably because DaggerFall didnt have a third person view.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yeah, that is the ticket. While walking so much sucks, this also sucks IMO:

* Recall to point A

* Boat to point B

* Alsami's Intervention to point C

* Divine Intervention to point D

* Stilt to point E

* Mage travel to point F

that kind of thing really blows....really hurts immersion, IMO.

by having mounts you can get rid of some of that.

I'm not making any judgements till I see it in action. It's interesting that they plan on dowloaded enhancements when you will have a large number of 360's without a harddrive. Seems you could could put your focus elsewhere. Or maybe they are just aiming to release a really short game again.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Have you watched the trailer?  The graphics look impressive.

Although the "ancient evil" smacks of the Star Forge again.  Or atleast that's what came to mind when I saw it.

I'm betting on Knights of the Old Republic without the Star Wars franchise type experience.

GOA: BIO has 200+ employees

Really?

If we see morrowind as a 10*10 room then its going to look empty if you only put a chair in one corner.

If we see Oblivion as a 20*20 room then your going to need two chairs to have a comparable level of emptiness. With only one chair it looks even more empty than the 10*10.

Actually, you'd need 4 chairs to make it have a comparable level of emptiness, as you'd be increasing the area by a factor of 4 (100 vs 400).

I'm looking forward to Oblivion and how it's Radiant AI works.

Im going to write down on a piece of paper a prediction of how i think Oblivion will be, then when Ive played it I will look at the paper again to see if I was right... wether it will be true to its name or a good game :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"Although the "ancient evil" smacks of the Star Forge again. Or atleast that's what came to mind when I saw it."

This is true. However, BIO has been quite honest with their story plans - they intend to have epic good vs. evil for pretty much all their games and nothing beats the 'ancient evil'. Hey, at least JE wasn't an 'ancient evil'.

"Really?"

Yes. Actually, the last time BIO mentioned the number of employees it was closer to 250.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think I'm actually looking forward to this game more than Dragon Age.

[/random useless comment]

I totally lost my interest for Dragon Age. More than one year passed after the announcement and what we got? Absolutely nothing! I wanna hear about features, wanna see some screenshots may be, or i wanna know who the damn publisher is!

Now i am looking for Mass Effect. It is more interesting than DA.

centinexx.png

Dragon Age is still a long ways away.

It's certainly not vapourware.

EDIT: In other news, where'd you read up about the size of Bioware? I didn't think they had that many people working there yet.

I know they're still hiring, and even taking interns.

Edited by alanschu

Dragon Age is still a long ways away.

It's certainly not vapourware.

EDIT: In other news, where'd you read up about the size of Bioware?  I didn't think they had that many people working there yet.

I know they're still hiring, and even taking interns.

Dave Gaider said as much somewhere at the BioBoards I believe.

Also, the count of Bioware names at the end of the JE manual lists over 200+ employees.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I totally lost my interest for Dragon Age.  More than one year passed after the announcement and what we got? Absolutely nothing! I wanna hear about features, wanna see some screenshots may be, or i wanna know who the damn publisher is!

Now i am looking for Mass Effect.  It is more interesting than DA.

The next time someone asks why developers (usually) don't officially announce games until very late in the development cycle, I'm going to point them towards this post.

:-