How was the game?

How did you find the game?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find the game?

• Great, well developped story.
    • That was cool but nothing more to say.
    • I didn't like the story but I liked fights.
    • That was cr*p.

There was nothing unique in K1's story, neither was it surprising or touching or any of the other merits usually granted by the fans. First SW rpg, and the best SW game since X-Wing Alliance, but when it comes to roleplaying games and their stories and plots; K1 was mediocre.

I'm sorry, but I must destroy you now. :-

Edited by Mothman

There was nothing unique in K1's story, neither was it surprising or touching or any of the other merits usually granted by the fans. First SW rpg, and the best SW game since X-Wing Alliance, but when it comes to roleplaying games and their stories and plots; K1 was mediocre. Decent enought to keep me interested, but nothing to remember fondly.

Same goes for characters; they felt like a rehashes of previous Bio-persnas, it was the setting that gave them the "new". Granted, some quirks were clever and I laughed once with Jolee's grumpiness, but depth was nonexistant. NPCs were still one of the game's stronger points. I got my money's worth.

Infidel. K1 story was one of the best in all tha games I've played.

K1's story was, essentially, a hack of ANH. It was a very enjoyable game with lots of polish (a really good musical score to boot) but the story was, at its core, pretty simple. K1 had really good NPC dialogue and sidequests.

K2 had more multithreaded elements (which I think is good) and it had a more interesting, "adult" story. However, it was a media tie-in that the publisher wanted to be a cliffhanger of sorts. The main problem with the ending is that there was not enough backstory of the antagonists and not enough forshadowing of the

True Sith

threat.

Cliffhangers require hooks to be effective. Han Solo being carried off in his frozen prison was a hook that lead directly to the next movie. The ending of K2 just did not have enough hooks to tie in to the next game which has lead some to believe that it is not really a cliffhanger.....but K3 has to be a continuation of K2 at this point. The fans want a satisfying ending to what we are in now.

I'm sure if this is the best analogy but think of diving (and probably some other competitions); if you pull off a hard complicated thing it'll be superior by far, but ofcourse it's hard.

Yes, K1 at it's core (but was still very nicely dressed up) is a simple kill the bad guy story but don't see anything wrong with that, especially in a game scenario.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Kotor 1 story was pretty good. The revelation surprised me.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

K1's storyline was way better and more satisfying than K2's storyline ever was. It was simpler, granted, but complex doesn't always mean great. K2's story is a perfect example. It could have been a lot better, but wasn't. We were advertised one game, but were given another. And above all, K2's ending just lacked the feeling of accomplishment you got in K1. :thumbsup:

And above all, K2's ending just lacked the feeling of accomplishment you got in K1. 

that is a good point....it is one thing to leave some dangling plot lines but you have to give the player a sense of accomplishment....excellent point.

and there is no way anybody walked away from that game saying "gee, I just saved the Force".....nope

Still no broken and unfinished option, so I cant vote at the moment. ;)"

As it is, with all cut content/ending, I must say KotOR1 was better. Kotor2 had potential to be better then KotOR1, but all the obvious cut material ruined the enjoyment of the game. :)

Still no broken and unfinished option, so I cant vote at the moment.  :)"

As it is, with all cut content/ending, I must say KotOR1 was better. Kotor2 had potential to be better then KotOR1, but all the obvious cut material ruined the enjoyment of the game. :(

Would you have vote broken or unfinished if you never knew what was cut?

We're not talking about cut content here, just the official story.

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you have vote broken or unfinished if you never knew what was cut?

We're not talking about cut content here, just the official story.

Don't know about you, but even without visiting these forums I knew something was missing.

Ending, HK-Factory, Voice-locked console etc.

All mentioned ingame and promised, but never given...

Do you mean the voice-locked door on Peragus II, Battlewookiee?

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I'm sure there would have been fewer critisisms on this game if he hadn't let cut contents in the files of the game.

I didn't say there would have been none thought, but fewer certainly.

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is better that those files were left in the game discs. At least, they can be restored.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Quote: "I'm sure there would have been fewer critisisms on this game if he hadn't let cut contents in the files of the game.

I didn't say there would have been none thought, but fewer certainly."

Statement: I actually think I would have seen the game as being worse than it is, if I didn't know that the content was supposed to be in the game, than if it was intentional to leave out all the blanks.

Edited by Grunker

I thought it was a good game. The plot was **** in some places, but overall, the game continued the spirit of the first. I really missed the romances, and bastila's indignant anwers to Revan's advances! :D :) (w00t)

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!

I would vote this game as excellent untill the sequence with the jedi masters on dantoinne

despite all the cut - content in the general game, the storyline was still pretty good.........but as soon as you hit the enclave all hope is lost of playing a decent game

you go through a bunch of brutally easy fights........and then you go through the most poorly laid out planet I've seen........I don't know about you guys but I've done some mapping before, and on Malachor I could look up and see the edges and corners of the skybox! noy to mention the fact that there was no texture on the very top of the skybox, that just anooys me..........and thats not even mentioning how your party just dissapears in to oblivion never to be seen again

but the way I look at it is this

for a game put together in 12 months.....that is A+ material.......that is more then a lot of dev's could do in 12 months, however if I ranked kotor 2 with all the other properly develloped games that are out these days I would say C+

tops