Why abandon your own board?

mkreku

I did a small check-up on some of the registered developers on this board:

Aaron Meyers: Total Cumulative Posts 1, Last Active 14th July 2004 - 09:58 PM

Adam Brennecke: Total Cumulative Posts 46, Last Active Today, 05:48 PM

AnthonyD: Total Cumulative Posts 24, Last Active 6th March 2005 - 09:37 PM

Brian Lawson: Total Cumulative Posts 140, Last Active 21st September 2005 - 03:33 PM

Brian Menze: Total Cumulative Posts 21, Last Active 10th February 2005 - 11:13 PM

campbell: Total Cumulative Posts 2, Last Active 10th July 2004 - 01:51 AM

Chris Avellone: Total Cumulative Posts 144, Last Active 2nd August 2005 - 02:43 AM

Chris Jones: Total Cumulative Posts 19, Last Active 10th August 2005 - 09:53 PM

Chris Parker: Total Cumulative Posts 0, Last Active 15th September 2005 - 09:33 PM

Darren Monahan: Total Cumulative Posts 0, Last Active 8th February 2004 - 01:50 AM

Dennis Presnell: Total Cumulative Posts 27, Last Active Today, 06:16 PM

dspitzley: Total Cumulative Posts 5, Last Active 2nd August 2004 - 09:32 PM

elacabanne: Total Cumulative Posts 1, Last Active 2nd August 2004 - 07:11 PM

Erik Novales: Total Cumulative Posts 87, Last Active 28th February 2005 - 11:14 PM

Ferret: Total Cumulative Posts 216, Last Active 21st January 2005 - 05:59 PM

FrankK: Total Cumulative Posts 262, Last Active 11th July 2005 - 06:10 PM

Jason Keeney: Total Cumulative Posts 53, Last Active Yesterday, 10:54 PM

John Morgan: Total Cumulative Posts 205, Last Active 23rd September 2005 - 06:46 PM

kone: Total Cumulative Posts 13, Last Active 10th September 2005 - 11:17 PM

McBaine: Total Cumulative Posts 6, Last Active 6th August 2004 - 09:57 PM

Michael Chu: Total Cumulative Posts 88, Last Active 25th September 2005 - 11:36 PM

Nathaniel Chapman: Total Cumulative Posts 13, Last Active Yesterday, 11:08 AM

squish: Total Cumulative Posts 0, Last Active 10th February 2004 - 12:31 AM

Tim Cox: Total Cumulative Posts 9, Last Active 19th January 2005 - 10:09 PM

These names are, strangely enough, the only ones I was able to find. Akari and Feargus Urquhart, among others, were nowhere to be found. Apparently the rest of the developers belong to a group called Developers+, which is not searchable.

If I manually find a post by Akari/Feargus and click on their respective name I get this though:

Akari: Total Cumulative Posts 459, Last Active 8th September 2005 - 01:45 AM

Feargus Urquhart: Total Cumulative Posts 161, Last Active 9th June 2005 - 05:24 PM

Seven of the developers have been active in the last week, which is good. Unfortunately I haven't seen any of their posts, but I might be blind. Still, the board feels deserted. I remember Feargus considering closing the board down a while back, but for some reason he let it live on. Does the lack of Obsidian posts imply that the board has been deemed 'dead' to Obsidian developers and they keep it here without really caring about it? Did they give up on it and moved on to somewhere else? I remember Feargus did take part in some of the threads in the beginning, but apparently he stopped doing this during the summer. Why?

Is this board on life support (bioboards) until Neverwinter Nights 2 has been released, at which point we'll be discussing Project New Jersey here instead? Or did Feargus secretly 'pull the plug' on this board back in the summer..?

SO MANY QUESTIONS, SO FEW ANSWERS!

Should we too move on to greener pastures?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Perhaps it is on account of a push toward something new and exciting ... is the glass half-full or half-empty? It seems to me that there is likely quite a bit occurring 'behind the scenes' and I for one am most hopeful that this 'silence' is indicative of good news.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Is that why you have been busy "breaking in" new mods ? :D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Perhaps it is on account of a push toward something new and exciting ... is the glass half-full or half-empty? It seems to me that there is likely quite a bit occurring 'behind the scenes' and I for one am most hopeful that this 'silence' is indicative of good news.

I like to see it that way. And while I appreciate the original poster's concerns, I would much rather have the devs working on their projects instead of getting blindsided by things that they are contractually bound to not comment on.

I have no doubt that they will talk to us when they have something to talk about.

... is the glass half-full or half-empty?

That depends on how the glass came to be half-way...

If you pour substance into the glass half-way, then it's half-full. If substance was already in the glass, but you poured it out half-way, then the glass is half-empty.

Atleast that's the way I prefer to look at it.

Back on topic however, I feel they are just busy with their current project(s), as stated before.

Edited by Jedi Master Dakari

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

Is this board on life support (bioboards) until Neverwinter Nights 2 has been released,

Pretty much seems so. They do post at NWN2 boards frequently, which is good. I go there once a week to check what devs have said about NWN2, but I don

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Why, god why, did it have to be Bioboards? That abomination of fora. :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Have you ever thought of getting a job like "White House Press Correspondent"

You have a certain panache that might serve you well in that type of endeavor

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

[snip]

And what's worse:

Product Support; Joined 18-February 05, Last Active 21st February 2005 - 07:39 PM. Total cumulative posts 0.

:wub:"

:D

Brilliant my Numbered friend! :D

---

You realize, of course, you have to take anything Volourn says with more than a pound of salt right?

In his case, it's more like 'pinch'. :x

manthing2.jpg

Well, they are using the Bioboards and basically ignoring their own forums. The only person I see posting here from Obsidian of late is J.E. and he seems to do so sporadically. I do think they have abandoned their boards for now. Besides what can they discuss?

KotOR 2? hardly since LA has basically stopped them to do anything for the game in any official compacitgy/ Damn f**kers they are.

Project New Jersey? What can they say about the project that hasn't even been officially announced? Absolutely nothing of any substance.

Only thing they can discuss is Neverwinter Nights 2 for any length and they are forced to do so not on their own forums. Man, I hate Atari.