The hunt continues....

Hildegard

Bullsh*t they didn't know at all, but I guess the CIA has the 'right' to attack anyday anywhere she sees fit, talk about arrogance....

Nowhere does that article say they didn't know. Pakistan's protesting the airstrike because it may have resulted in civilian casualties and missed al-Quaida's #2 man. :)

"While this act is highly condemnable, we have for a long time been striving to rid all our tribal areas of foreign intruders who have been responsible for all the violence and misery in the region. This situation has to be brought to an end."

-Sheikh Rashid Ahmed, Pakistan's information minister

Edited by Mothman

Think what you like. Looks like face-saving to me. Nobody in Pakistan actually likes the fact that the government is playing lapdog to the US. The Pakistanis have fed us all sorts of information before, and I have very little doubt they did so in this particular case.

Battlewookiee, as for your Italian thing...let me ask you something. Why would a team of CIA operatives leave behind an easily-followed paper trail, in the form of hotel receipts and the like?

Bullsh*t they didn't know at all, but I guess the CIA has the 'right' to attack anyday anywhere she sees fit, talk about arrogance....

Nowhere does that article say they didn't know. Pakistan's protesting the airstrike because it may have resulted in civilian casualties and missed al-Quaida's #2 man. :)

"While this act is highly condemnable, we have for a long time been striving to rid all our tribal areas of foreign intruders who have been responsible for all the violence and misery in the region. This situation has to be brought to an end."

-Sheikh Rashid Ahmed, Pakistan's information minister

When I was watching an interview with a Pakistani intelligence officer on CNN he said they weren't notified at all, I'll start searching the link. Also the article doesn't say they did know, but maybe that would be too embarrassing for the Pakistani goverment in the eyes of her ppl which would result in even more violent backclash from both the opposition and the ppl.

And for your quote from the article - yes sure Mothie with those 18 civilians dead including five women and five children I guess Pakistan and the US are know much safer thanks to the good old CIA :)

First of all;

US making friends part 1

US making friends part 2

US making friends part 3

"The important thing is not whether we knew or not," he said. "The important thing is a question of our sovereignty, a violation of our sovereignty."

Battlewookiee, as for your Italian thing...let me ask you something.  Why would a team of CIA operatives leave behind an easily-followed paper trail, in the form of hotel receipts and the like?

The same reason why a intelligence agent in my country left disks with secret material in his car when he gave them away for a check-up (read: stupidity)

And for your quote from the article - yes sure Mothie with those 18 civilians dead including five women and five children I guess Pakistan and the US are know much safer thanks to the good old CIA

:) I only quoted that to indicate the possiblity that they may indeed have had foreknowledge of this attack. The civilians casualties are a tragedy, and it's a shame it even happened. Of course, I'm sure with all the sympathy you've shown our soldiers and civilians, it must be heart-wrenching as well for you.

Edited by Mothman

NUKE THE WHOLE PLANET!

Only way to have peace on earth, right?  :thumbsup:

Call me a naive Catholic sucker but I firmly disagree with that statement.

Of course, I'm sure with all the sympathy you've shown our soldiers and civilians, it must be heart-wrenching as well for you.

I maybe sometimes over do it with my anti-americanism but I am truly sorry for those ppl....and if you think that I'm happy when I see that civilians have been killed by Americans so I can flame on these boards and elsewhere or that I cheer when US soldiers or US civilians die - then you don't know anything about me, but heck it's not like I gave you much material to think otherwise.....

Edited by Hildegard

If you wipe out all life on the planet you would have peace.  I mean just take a look at the moon.  No life there.  Very peaceful as well.  At least til man went there.  Silly humans.  Bring discord and misery where ever we go.

Please stop talking.

I can't believe I'm saying this but - I agree with Commie....

Why?  Its the truth.  As mankind spread across this lttle mudball of ours we have grown to be a species that have absolutely no problem killing each other over petty concerns.  How stupid is that?

That's fine. You've made that point no less than twenty-three thousand times in this thread. I'm all for repetition if you're actually addressing the specifics of the issues we're discussing, but...

I am. The issues you are discussing are petty at best.

One death, a hundred deaths, 10,000 deaths, 1 million deaths out of how many billions of individuals do we have have? Our species are in no danger of becoming extinct. So such things are trivial. Tragic in one tiny area, but trivial in the larger scheme of things. Your arguments of who kidnapped who, who totured who, who killed who, again fairly petty because that is simple human nature being played out. You have a better chance to stop the sun rising in the morning than changing the bulk of humanity from our core nature.

And, to tell you the truth, the central issue of this thread isn't so much civilian deaths caused by the US - Battlewookie wouldn't care about those if we were a smaller nation. The British screw up plenty, too, but I have yet to hear him piss and moan about the limeys getting something wrong.

Fact of the matter is, I'm in this one to do what I can to dispell his illusions that mistakes that result in whatever - deaths, mishandling of a given situation, whatever - result from policy. If it were official US military policy in Iraq to go wherever the hell we felt like, or do whatever the hell we wanted when we got there, I'd damn sure know about it. But leaving aside personal experience, most of the stuff he's provided thus far as evidence for his case actually works against him, and some of his accusations are so ridiculously ludicrous that I just have to keep coming back.

Edit: In other words, he's perfectly allowed to dislike us, but he damn well better start doing so based on fact rather than fiction.

Edited by Commissar

Edit: In other words, he's perfectly allowed to dislike us, but he damn well better start doing so based on fact rather than fiction.

Bah. "Facts" are so last week! dancing.gif

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

CIA/US does not torture, eh? How do you explain this then?

And about Iraq/Insurgents

However, the group said the abuses "took place in the context of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq and the ensuing military occupation that resulted in tens of thousands of civilian deaths and sparked the emergence of insurgent groups."
Edited by Battlewookiee

"The human rights group based its conclusions mostly on statements by senior administration officials in the past year,"

Yeah, and my god, they bring hard evidence to the table!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

However, the group said the abuses "took place in the context of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq and the ensuing military occupation that resulted in tens of thousands of civilian deaths and sparked the emergence of insurgent groups."

So? I am not surprise at all. Politicians lie. CIA tortures. That is nothing new.

Even in that article the possibility of the whole thing being made up for use as a throwing weapon against the Bush administration is contemplated.

As per usual, you believe what is convenient for you, even though no proof at all is offered.

If somebody said on CNN tomorrow that Bush had killed God, you'd waste no time to post it here as fact.

bunnyfailed.gif

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

• 11 months later...