Nintendo Revolution Controller

kumquatq3

I would love to try this setup. It sounds insane, but if they say it's intuitive, then I guess it is. It'll be exciting to try it out once they reach the game stores. Wouldn't it be kind of cool if it turned out to be so successful that everyone went out and bought a Revolution instead of PS3/Xbox2? ;)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You guys are totally buying into Nintendo's hype machine. Shame on you all <_<

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

The interesting thing with Nintendo's insanities is that they usually work. Well, apart from the Virtual Boy, perhaps, but that's that.

Hey the Virtual Boy worked! So a few people went into epileptic shock. Small price to pay for innovation.

You guys are totally buying into Nintendo's hype machine. Shame on you all

What would excite you?

I mean, the controller can clearly expand, so a crack dispensing Pez machine is still a possibility.

Im definitely buiying the revoiluitioin. I uised toii play quiiite a loit oif coiinisoile games uintil the time oif the playstatioin. When the dreamcast, ps2 and xboix came oiuit, coinisoiiles rapidly degenerated. I have had a ps2 almoist since it was released (actuially, my broither boiuight it), hoiwever, I havent boithered toii play any games oin it. (except foiir gta and dark alliance 1). The reasoiini is that the coiinitroils noiwadays are extremely coiiuinterintuiitive. Learning hoiw toi uise boith the analoig and directioini keys with the same thuimb is a pain in the ass. Alsoi the oither finger has its oiwn analoig toi woirry aboiuit aside froimi the reguilar buittoins. Then there are thoise foiiuir buittoins oin toip oif the thing. Id muich rather stick toii the moiiuise and keyboiard oin my pc with its easy poiint and click interface rather than take the huige amoiuint oif troiuible learning toi press all thoisie buittoins oini time and in the right oirder oir whatever. PC games might take time toi install buit the time that takes is noithing coimpared toii what I woiiuild spend trying toii figuire oiuit what the hell all thoisie goiddamned buittoins doi. There was a time when coinsoile coiinitroiils uiised toi be simple, and the games were fuin and easy toii get intoi, hoiwiever this is noit the case anymoire.

The revoiiluitioin seems like it can bring back thoise goioid days when coinsoiles were woirth the troiiuible oifi learning hoiw toi uise the cointroillers. I think Nintendoi knoiws what it is doiing uinlike thoise retards at soiiny and microisoift.

Looks like something interesting to say the least. If it doesn't work, there's still two other consoles to choose from.

GO NINTENDO!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It looks great, but now I'm torn...awesome gameplay in my FPS titles, or Halo 3...or Killzone 2...

So very torn.

By the way, anybody else get the impression that this controller is used for more than gaming? Especially considering the rumble pack... >_<"

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I have one of those. It came with my DVD player. No rumble function though.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Im definitely buiying the revoiluitioin. I uised toii play quiiite a loit oif coiinisoile games uintil the time oif the playstatioin. When the dreamcast, ps2 and xboix came oiuit, coinisoiiles rapidly degenerated. I have had a ps2 almoist since it was released (actuially, my broither boiuight it), hoiwever, I havent boithered toii play any games oin it. (except foiir gta and dark alliance 1). The reasoiini is that the coiinitroils noiwadays are extremely coiiuinterintuiitive. Learning hoiw toi uise boith the analoig and directioini keys with the same thuimb is a pain in the ass. Alsoi the oither finger has its oiwn analoig toi woirry aboiuit aside froimi the reguilar buittoins. Then there are thoise foiiuir buittoins oin toip oif the thing. Id muich rather stick toii the moiiuise and keyboiard oin my pc with its easy poiint and click interface rather than take the huige amoiuint oif troiuible learning toi press all thoisie buittoins oini time and in the right oirder oir whatever. PC games might take time toi install buit the time that takes is noithing coimpared toii what I woiiuild spend trying toii figuire oiuit what the hell all thoisie goiddamned buittoins doi. There was a time when coinsoile coiinitroiils uiised toi be simple, and the games were fuin and easy toii get intoi, hoiwiever this is noit the case anymoire.

The revoiiluitioin seems like it can bring back thoise goioid days when coinsoiles were woirth the troiiuible oifi learning hoiw toi uise the cointroillers. I think Nintendoi knoiws what it is doiing uinlike thoise retards at soiiny and microisoift.

goddamn roshan, do something about that keyboard of yours

it's a pain in the ass trying to read your posts, and I bet most people don't even care enough to read through it all

this is ground breaking

maybe they dropped it on the ground?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Can someone please give me one reason to buy a Revolution aside from the gimmick which may or may not be supported by 3rd parties, let alone work?

And for the record, Nintendo has gone out on a limb and failed many a time, such as the Virtual Boy, U-Force, Power Glove, Robo, SuperScope Six, the SNES mouse, Donkey Konga drums, etc. etc.

I credit them for being ballsy, but not everything they release is gold.

I keep suggesting that the best thing for all parties is for Nintendo to stop putting out home consoles.

They are a first-party development house with great franchises. They come out with innovative peripherals.

They could have invented this controller, and released it for the 360 or PS3. Then we'd have great control, and great graphics as well.

Sega releases games on other platforms, and if they had went that way earlier as opposed to losing boatloads on the Sega CD, 32X, Saturn and Dreamcube, they'd probably be a bigger company today.

The Gamecube has horrid market share. Horrid.

I'm not saying Nintendo is a bad company, or that their games aren't good. But do we really need a third console?

Ender, why should Nintendo, as perhaps the most  succesful company in the console business, change what they're doing?

Atari was the entire console business, and suddenly they were nothing and out of business.

Sega was the number 2 man in the console industry, and some suspected would dethrone Nintendo. Now they don't have a console.

Sony came out of nowhere to completely dominate market share.

In the console industry, a company reinvents their validity in the market with each new generation. Nintendo has proven that they don't care about the actual hardware of their console.

So why continue to put one out?