What sequel do you want made.....

kumquatq3

Movies, games, etc:

Movie: Boondock Saints 2. There was talk of a sequel, but.....

Game: Freedom Fighters 2. Fantastic game and story with great squad controls. There was again talk of a sequel, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Book: Something in the Fight Club universe. Not sure if there is a story left to tell there or if it would "ruin" the first book. The the movie, in my mind, was better anyways.

and a dollar for the first poster to say: "None, sequels suck". Yea, they normally do, but thats not really the point here.

King set himself up well enough to make a sequel for the Stand.

I don't really know what I'd like to see as a sequel.

I'd like to see a well done Fallout or IWD 3.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Movie: The Chronicles of Riddick. This is the most likely one to happen.

Game: Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines. Troika is no more and the old WoD is obsolete so... :)

Book: Starship Troopers. The guy who wrote it is dead so chances of it happening are *slim*.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

game(s):As much as people hated it, I will still say The Legend of Dragoon. There's a lot more story that can be told for that one. Also VTM: Bloodlines and a real sequel to Master of Orion 2 and uh.. System Shock 2 as well :D

book: This is a request for no more sequels written by Kevin J Anderson.

Also I want an ending to The Lady or the Tiger. I'm still waiting!

I'm trying really hard, but I can't think of a sequel I would LIKE to see made.

I much prefer interesting NEW ideas.

I mean, what is going to be the point of Great Expectations 2? Pip's inheritance is splurged on gambling, norcotics, corruption, vice and extortion?

To be a good sequel invariably needs the central characters to have different roles; at least the characters must be tested in different ways, so that the full bredth of their characteristics are documented under stress, which is the best way to measure them.

Most of the films I have enjoyed either cannot have a sequel (even when they try to make it, like 2010).

I will admit that the sequels of Asimov's Foundation series were worth a read, but even that got silly when he wrote the prequels ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Book: Animal Barn

I assume you mean Animal Farm by George Orwell?

book: This is a request for no more sequels written by Kevin J Anderson.

This is a request for no more books written by Kevin J. Anderson.

Ill have my own list later.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Movie: Constantine, Batman Begins(though I doubt I have to hope much, this is pretty much a given), Transformers(not even out yet and I'm hoping for sequels), Serenity(again, not out yet, but I want sequels to tie up any loose ends from the show that don't get covered in the first movie), Unbreakable, I'm sure theres more that I can't think of.

Games: Quest for Glory 5, Iceind Dale 2, BG2, PS:T, Fallout 2, Suikoden 4, Final Fantasy Tactics, Chrono Cross, Arcanum, Alpha Centauri, I'm sure theres more and I just can't think of them

As for some of the other things people mentioned:

-Kung Fu Hustle is getting a sequel

-Boondock Saints 2 was being shopped around because they couldn't find a studio willing to do a wide theatrical release of a sequel to a direct to video movie. They apparently found one and pre-production is in full swing

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You win the dollar

I know you don't like to hear contrary thoughts, but I can't think of one sequel I would want to see / read. And that is a valid point of view, regardless of whether you want to hear it or not.

But, don't take my word for it, listen to Robert Redford:

...Redford said it was surprising considering Hollywood's penchant for remakes that nothing had come to fruition since the mob and gambling film "The Sting" in 1973 and the 1969 hit "Butch Cassidy," about two bank robbers who flee to Bolivia.

"The stuff that came to us wasn't any good," Redford said. "(They said) can you do a sequel to 'The Sting?' No, leave that one alone ... don't try to milk it."

"What about a sequel to 'Butch Cassidy?' Well the guys died in it, what is it going to be, a spiritual film? Well how about a prequel? That's pretty desperate."

Also, I believe you were paying out your award for anyone who said "sequels are crap", which I didn't. In fact, I can name three sequels that were better than the original films, right now:

Die Hard 2, Spiderman 2, Empire Strikes Back.

So keep your dollar for your own suppositorial use. :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You win the dollar

I know you don't like to hear contrary thoughts, but I can't think of one sequel I would want to see / read. And that is a valid point of view, regardless of whether you want to hear it or not.

I'm well aware many people feel like that, we're all aware many feel like that, so I didn't want a discussion of "I like sequels", "really? I don't" or "I don't really want any sequels". Hence I asked "What sequel DO you want made". I didn't ask for anyone who can't think of a sequel they would want made to post: "I don't really want any that I can think of".

See the difference?

Clearly you have some issue with me, I don't care what it is, but play by the rules in my thread and I'll do the same.

and please don't act like your better than me with comments like:

I know you don't like to hear contrary thoughts

I liked the Meaning of Liff, but there ain't gunna be no sequel to that: Adams is dead as a Dalek.

Thats what I was looking for, thanks

Movie: The next Evil Dead movie. Sam Raimi has the money now. Bladerunner was another good one.

Game: Jagged Alliance 3, done well. Xcom...seriously just remake it with pretty graphics and I'll die happy. Quest for Glory 5...i mean redo this one and release a good finish to the series, frickin Sierra.

Books: Most authors write sequels until they die. I'm looking forward to the next Robin Hobb series, and I hope he/she uses some old characters. Brashen and Chade rule.

A movie that wont happen? Id like to see Commando, but with arnie in it, although I hear that Die Hard was supposed to be the sequil to it. go figure.

Game? other than another KOTOR, i can't really think of anythin sorry.

And book, I would Like to read a sequil to Iron Thrown.