A would-be Sithlord

Whilst screwing around with various game settings I decided to change a value in swkotor2.ini on a whim. I'm not sure if people have noticed this before, but there's a value under Game Options called:

CurSithLord=0

It seems to toggle the Sith Lord displayed on the main game screen. It starts at 0, which is Darth Sion, I figured it goes Nihilus after that.. and so on... but... when I changed it to one I got a special treat: Dark Atris/Darth Traya. Supposedly Atris was supposed to "visibly" go darkside, and be a possible alternate end boss if the game was played a certain way. I'd seen small screenies before of the old model, but if you do it this way you can get a nice look at the model all.... up-close and personal.

Hopefully this is news to someone if not, sorry for wasting people's time. To recap:

Basically, set CurSithLord=1

Hey that's interesting :lol: , I'll try it!

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This isn't new, although it's good to bring these things up every now and then for newcomers. You're right about Atris, and I think that parts of Kreia's dialogue on Malachor have also been found on the discs in Atris' voice.

Cut content strikes again. :lol:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

yeah, I just spent a few minutes searching and found screenshots of her posted back in March it looks like...

I need to learn to search first I guess

Anyway thanks ....as a newcomer :D

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This isn't new, although it's good to bring these things up every now and then for newcomers.  You're right about Atris, and I think that parts of Kreia's dialogue on Malachor have also been found on the discs in Atris' voice.

Indeed there are - check the \StreamVoice\907\904KREIA directory in your KotOR2 folder to listen to some of it. It's a sequence that was cut from the game, but it has Atris as Traya confronting Visas, Handmaiden, Atton and Mira with Kreia nowhere around.

I like the idea when your character is on the start screen. You have to be playing Darkside and the Sith Lord class.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

As a little extra comment, I noticed that not only can your DS character be featured prominently, but their appearance will reflect what they were wearing when the flag got hit. So it's possible to have a darkside female in the dancer outfit on the main screen, which amused me I guess.

This isn't new, although it's good to bring these things up every now and then for newcomers.  You're right about Atris, and I think that parts of Kreia's dialogue on Malachor have also been found on the discs in Atris' voice.

Cut content strikes again. :ermm:

Give a little credit where credit is due! Sure certain dialog options that were cut gave the suspicion that she could have been some kind of Darth Traya like character, but nothing this concrete was ever found was it?

Give a little credit where credit is due! Sure certain dialog options that were cut gave the suspicion that she could have been some kind of Darth Traya like character, but nothing this concrete was ever found was it?

As Jediphile points out in his post above, it's more than just dialogue options, it's actual sound files of Atris in some kind of Traya role on Malachor. These are not ideas that were discussed and rejected early in the process; they made it as far as voice recording, and should have been in the released version. Not enough has been found on the discs to suggest that we have the full set, and I suspect this is why the Restoration Project isn't trying to restore Atris/Traya, but Obsidian probably have much more than we do.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

As a little extra comment, I noticed that not only can your DS character be featured prominently, but their appearance will reflect what they were wearing when the flag got hit.  So it's possible to have a darkside female in the dancer outfit on the main screen, which amused me I guess.

I liked that too.

if by "post the pics" you mean the Darth Traya pics, as per your sig, search if your friend... I found the pics within the first two pages doing a search for Atris..

in this thread...

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=31338&hl=

in this is a screenie ripped from that very same thread

trayaatris8oz.png

If you mean you want to see a pic of a female DSer in a dancer outfit, I could probably arrange that given some time...

Looks like ablend of Atris and Visas

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Type in 4 and you see yourself

kotorload.JPG

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

if by "post the pics" you mean the Darth Traya pics, as per your sig, search if your friend... I found the pics within the first two pages doing a search for Atris..

in this thread...

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=31338&hl=

in this is a screenie ripped from that very same thread

trayaatris8oz.png

If you mean you want to see a pic of a female DSer in a dancer outfit, I could probably arrange that given some time...

Steal my images again and I guarantee you a lifetime of misery and despair with no hope of escape. <_<

Nah, just kidding. Although I suggest in the future, you make sure its hosted by imageshack. Being that its the only one where you don't have to have an account to upload images. (if you don't and its from another site, it chews up bandwidth)