Really Friggin Pissed

EnderAndrew

My poor geeky baby...I still love him though.  :geek:

Now you know you shouldn't be operating geek machinery whilst under the influence of medication, mind-altering substances, or pregnant.

I wanted to bring the X-Box with us into the LDR room. Unfortunatley, the TV doesn't have any AV hook-ups. But we do get a DVD player, so that's something at least.

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

I suppose it will be like this?

ENDER: YAY I finially got past that level!

Nurse: Ummmm do you want to see your son/daughter?

Ender: HMMM? oh wait let me kill this guy and put it on pause

Nurse: ...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Here is what I would do first before RMAing anything. You get no post no beeps, right? Nothing powering up? I could be shorting somewhere. Take the board and power supply out of the case and set board on mobo box. Then only put in whats necessary for post.. video card if no onboard, one stick of memory. Leave out everything else. Connect board to power supply and jump the power switch on the board with screwdriver or something. You will have your answer shortly afterwards. If still no post no beeps, its either board or cpu.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

The PC powers on just fine.

My drives aren't getting power.

I pulled out anything unnecessary and just put power to one optical drive and one hard drive, but nothing. I pulled the HDD out and it worked just fine in another PC. I've tried 3 power supplies.

You have insulted Jobuu :ph34r:

You need to sacrifice a chicken.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I would have suggested a virgin, but that's probably against the TOS :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Less spam and more help for Ender. Get to the meat and potatoes of the matter, lest this thread be fried.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The manufacturer claims it can't be their board. Strange, isn't it? Rat swine-hearted wretches!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yet the drives work fine in other computers and I've tried 3 different power supplies, all brand new.

And now for the mandatory tech support question... Have you plugged anything else at all into your motherboard (that might be an unintentional powerdrain/shortcircuit) ? Like ram, cpu, anything ?

If you can eliminate "everything" besides the motherboard and the psu/drives, you have a pretty good case.

lesson learned from last few rig building experiences: pay $40 to some mom & pop computer service shop, and let them build your rig.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Why havent you got a new one on the warranty already? I mean there is no doubt that it is the Motherboard that is faulty.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "