Really Friggin Pissed

EnderAndrew

-Spend over 100

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Its am Antec Sonata with extra dampening padding, I dont know if its the old one or the Sonata 2. The case is dead silent if I stop the GPU fan so I am as a matter of fact, sitting with my hand on the "order" button for one of these

zalman_VF700-Cu_fs.jpg

although I just noticed that a german site has measured something called "glacialtech northpole 1000" to be much quieter... but I just read that they dont fit the 6800's

AND I just read that the AC NC Silencer 5 is really good at only half the prize of Zalmans, but it doesnt fit ASUS cards... GAH!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Am I the only person who likes noisy computers? IMO they should all go whumwhumwhumwhum ominously.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I bought the Zalman cooler despite the fact that the webshop claimed "Does not fit ASUS card" because Zalman themselves write nothing about it on their website, and the webshop said nothing about the AC NV Silencer 5 that really does not fit ASUS card(without modyfying the power connector)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Am I the only person who likes noisy computers? IMO they should all go whumwhumwhumwhum ominously.

Mine is that way. I like it, sounds powerful.

It's the CPU fan that does it, damn nice fan, Coolermaster Aero 7+.

Thing keeps my CPU at the same temp as the ambient case temp...but it sounds like a dustbuster.

zalman_tnn500af_a1.jpg

silence :-

I am considering upgrading, and transferring the old 'Hammer of Bastards' to second echelon status. Am I to take it that i should notattempt to build my own PC? And if not, what should I buy instead. My budget will be about a grand.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I only have problems with my own rig.

Building your own rig generally isn't a problem, but save your boxes. Worst case scenario you return everything. On the whole you usually save money and get exactly the parts you want.

Definately go with a Socket 939 Motherboard, an Athlon 64 CPU (Venice core is likely the way to go), 1 gig of dual-channel PC3200 and a nice video card.

The Venice core is very nice indeed. Cool, quiet, energy-efficient and of course powerful.

My Venice 3200+ is the coolest part of my system, it usually idles at around 37C with nothing but the standard stock cooler.

"Thoughtcrime is death. Thoughtcrime does not entail death. Thoughtcrime is death."

I only have problems with my own rig.

Building your own rig generally isn't a problem, but save your boxes.  Worst case scenario you return everything.  On the whole you usually save money and get exactly the parts you want.

Definately go with a Socket 939 Motherboard, an Athlon 64 CPU (Venice core is likely the way to go), 1 gig of dual-channel PC3200 and a nice video card.

Any idea how much that would set me back. Roughly?

-Elwood Blues

Its am Antec Sonata with extra dampening padding, I dont know if its the old one or the Sonata 2.

is the ps 380w or 450w? unless you changed ps, bigger is newer.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Its the old one, is the newer one just more powerful or is it quieter?

Im waiting for the Zalman VF700 to arrive, when that arrives Ill have most of the sonic filth eliminated(if it fits my 6800U that is)

doesn't seem any quiter to Gromnir, but we is also using louder stuff in the new case...

is lots o' sonata ii reviews out there, and they all is pretty much compare & contrast to the original sonata.

HA! Good Fun!

I am holding off on building a new rig: there are a couple of decade-long standards, as well as a few shorter period standards, that are in mid-flux (Graphics cards: there WILL be a new one out before the end of Summer, DDR3 RAM, FSBus bandwidth, dual core CPUs, PCI, HD-DVD / Blu-Ray, even the motherboard, etc).

You can build a good rig for

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Cool quote

""There is less danger in fearing too much than too little""

-Elwood Blues

Yes, that is definently not a good motherboard. I wouldnt have it anywhere near my computer.

http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket939/...-p/overview.htm

:p"

..but it costs a bit more too

Yes, that is definently not a good motherboard. I wouldnt have it anywhere near my computer.

http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket939/...-p/overview.htm

:-"

..but it costs a bit more too

Foxconn makes all the motherboards for HP, as well as the HP laptops. They also make most of the components on HP servers. All get rock solid reviews.

That mobo I got is likely bad, but I got a great package with the mobo. It has the biggest manual I've ever seen for a mobo, a floppy disk with RAID drivers, tons of connectors, and the most feature rich BIOS I have ever seen.

There is something to be said for that.

It is also a very inexpensive mobo that offers firewire, and the NForce 4 Ultra chipset which rocks all around. It is my favorite chipset aside from SLI.