New Might & Magic game unveiled at GC?

funcroc

Word up. It's Arkane, not arcane. :thumbsup:

Also; Gabe has lost weight. Seriously.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/736/736193/img_2984116.html

This image is very interesting, to say the least. Apart from the obvious coolness of the katana and leather gauntlets; body awareness seems to be present. No more staves or swords sticking out of your chest.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I've just looked that screenshots. I can say that, they are not using the potential of Source. Color palette is very similar to Arx Fatalis's color palette i think. Models are very similar too. I'm not a graphic whore but honestly i've dissapointed.

But that lightning bolt looks great. :(

Oh, and look that water...

http://www.mightandmagic.com/us/darkmessia...ts/big_img7.jpg

centinexx.png

After seeing that IGN Gaben interview and in-game footage, I'm suddenly interested. That ice spell is pure GOLD. Spells taking advantage of Source's physics = win.

I'll also be interested in seeing how melee combat will be handled (parrying, blocking, etc). In this sense, it being more action than RPG might even benefit this part. I'd want a melee system based on pure action, not just stats. Having such in MP/PvP would be quite cool. Action games focused on implementing good melee are too few.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

After seeing that IGN Gaben interview and in-game footage, I'm suddenly interested. That ice spell is pure GOLD. Spells taking advantage of Source's physics = win.

I'll also be interested in seeing how melee combat will be handled (parrying, blocking, etc). In this sense, it being more action than RPG might even benefit this part. I'd want a melee system based on pure action, not just stats. Having such in MP/PvP would be quite cool. Action games focused on implementing good melee are too few.

Check out Oblivion's action system. If only it had mounted combat I'd be in heaven. I imagine someone will script mounted combat via a mod, or it will be added via expansion.

Mount and Blade already has great combat, including mounted combat.

Actually that gameplay movie has awakened my interest a bit...it's not a genuine CRPG by any stretch but it does appear to be the equivalent of a fantasy HL2, which wouldn't be half bad!

Is it just me, or does Gabe look like a horror movie special effect?

It wasn't because it was a bad CRPG.  That fault lies with Stormfront which I don't buy games from anyways.  Its that Installation bug that destroyed people's OS' if they had Norton's Antivirus installed.  That sort of f*ck up is unforgivable.

Comp Killer Bugs are a Pool of Radiance Ubisoft/Stormfront tradition. ^_^

PoR always, always crashed when you saved it 20-30 hours in; rendering it corrupted and having to be uninstalled. But it always intalled to your C: drive regardless of where you specified. As a result what does it do? It deletes your hard drive!

manthing2.jpg

It wasn't because it was a bad CRPG.  That fault lies with Stormfront which I don't buy games from anyways.  Its that Installation bug that destroyed people's OS' if they had Norton's Antivirus installed.  That sort of f*ck up is unforgivable.

Comp Killer Bugs are a Pool of Radiance Ubisoft/Stormfront tradition. ^_^

PoR always, always crashed when you saved it 20-30 hours in; rendering it corrupted and having to be uninstalled. But it always intalled to your C: drive regardless of where you specified. As a result what does it do? It deletes your hard drive!

That was a meta-game puzzle you were supposed to solve to beat the game.

Duh!

Anyone joined the forum there? I am having trouble filling in the mandatory fields in the profile using both Firefox and IE... :sorcerer:

Edit: I found the reason:

... class="ev_mandatory_field"><span class="ev_text_normal"><input disabled type="TEXT" name="FIRST_NAME" value="" ...

You have to go to the main site and create your account from there, then edit it at the site ...

Edited by metadigital

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Previews

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/might-and-magic/643622p1.html

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3142973&did=1

"First, as a warrior, we ran headlong into the fray. We shield-bashed an orc, then kicked him off of the cliff where he plummeted to the rocks below. Next, on the platform, we fought sword-to-sword against another orc, sparks flying. Using a special combat move we ripped away his shield. Then we grabbed his neck, plunged a sword into his gut, and kicked the body off of our sword and over the edge of the platform. By now, more orcs had rushed toward us to investigate the noise. We ran inside the room, which was filled with barrels and a side of beef hanging from the ceiling. As we fought tooth and nail with these guys, barrels fell over and smashed or rolled around the room. At one point we kicked the side of beef and sent it hurtling toward our opponents. It was as vicious of a fight as you could get: the camera even goes to slow motion for spectacular killing blows."

Hadescopy.jpg

*salivates*

kirottu said:

Well, no one excepted you to be.

kirottu said:

Who wouldn't be impressd of that. Considering the recent trend in "crpgs".

As for Dark Messiah, it's being marketed as fps. I take it as an fps, enjoy, and forget anyone ever mentioned rpgs in the same sentence with it.

kirottu said:

I disagree.

I really can't remember the last time we got swashbuckling and fantasy themes in a first person shooter.

kirottu said:

Heh, I'd rather this game be as un-RPG as possible. Then again, playing online in an ongoing campaign where players gain experience for better skills/equipment is quite appealing, but that doesn't mean that the bulk of the gameplay shouldn't steer as far away from RPG mechanics as possible.

Hadescopy.jpg