New Might & Magic game unveiled at GC?

funcroc

I haven't really played the HOMM series (very little of 1 and 2). I know it's some sort of TBS game focused on cities and heroes and exploration and stuff, but can some fan of the series rant about it? How would it compare to, say, Civ?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

What are you suggesting ... out-sourcing to a better value area for talented geeks? (What is that called? Geek farming?)

Might be, might be. Maybe the western biz has finally understood the underlying potential of eastern european dev houses. If so; that might mean big things happening in the near future. I'm talking about cross-genre games and well-budgeted rpgs which...*sighs* get finished.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think these might be reasonably unique situations. If I was looking for a developer for HoMM 5, Nival would be near the top of my list. A track-record of critically-acclaimed TB RPG-related games and Etherlords is clearly inspired (in some part) by HoMM, so they have plenty of experience and some nice 3D technology...although I'm sure the price was right, too.

For Dark Messiah, there's a rumour that Gabe Newel took a liking to Arx and/or Raphael Colantonio and really wanted to get a Source project going with them. So, with a nice shiny Source license they set out on Arx2. Problem is, I suspect JoWood might own the rights to Arx, so they were left trying to shop around an unnamed Source fantasy action-RPG project. Ubisoft obviously thought it was a good match.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Graphics have never really impressed me that much. It is the rules engine and story of the game where I like to focus on. You are forgetting you are talking to someone from the days of Zork and no matter how good graphics can be they can never be as good as the ones visualized in one's own mind.

Edited by Hades_One