New Might & Magic game unveiled at GC?

funcroc

I agree with your sentiments. Blade of Darkness in first person with physics=teh win.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I remeber reading that before, nothing original as such, but a nice leap from what was called 'Erathia'.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It looks solidly written (high order of referential integrity, innovative thoughts, etc): whether that info was taken from somewhere else to pad out a poor game is unknown to me, but it is nothing if not a good start.

:blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Erathia, was the previous Might and Magic world. It was a high fantasy world too, but a very generic one.

kirottu said:

Guest Fishboot

I'm really impressed by the circumspect attitudes towards genre and tastes in this forum. Usually RPG fans are all too happy to relentlessly aggrandize their fandom.

I hope it isn't owed to an infusion of Star Wars fans. :ph34r:

So this is different?

Saying it with an all-too-huge experience of high-magic worlds; yes. E.g Erathia's good and evil -axis was black and white to the extreme.

kirottu said:

Nah, I've been fed full of them, would be more apt. If I come across a good, well-written and de-munchkinised high-magic world; I may like. My preference is low-magic worlds however.

kirottu said:

It does, but those parries...;)

kirottu said:

I am quite impressed by the use of physics in the demo; it looks like they may have pulled off a fun game to play (story notwithstanding), which means it should be good for a few hours entertainment. (Longer than Doom 3, at any rate.)

:D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You know the more I look in this game I am wondering where the Might and Magic aspects are at? Why did they need "Might and Magic" license on this game anyway. It looks like it is MM in name only. They could have just called it Dark Messiah and not have the MM link, and still be just as successful if not moreso.

The new Heroes game is also set in the same world. Does anyone else find it interesting that both new M&M-games are being developed by non-UK/US-devs?

kirottu said: