interview with Peter Hirschman, vice-president of

I found this news at www.starwarsknights.com.

In an interview published in the Globe and Mail, Peter Hirschman, vice-president of product development at LucasArts, gives more details about the future of LucasArts games.

As for future games, we can expect new Indiana Jones titles, a number of new intellectual properties such as Mercenaries which was lauched in January 2005, and of course, StarWars games, some of them with a plot focusing on the period between Episodes 3 and 4 of the movies.

When asked about Knights of the Old Republic III, Hirschman answered:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A: That's a great idea. [Poker face]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/sto...BNStory/AtPlay/

So what should we ake of this?

EDIT: gamebanshee has posted about it as well.

For them to not make a KOTOR3 I think, would be a big mistake.

After all, KOTOR is one of the most successful StarWars series, so to make KOTOR3 would be a ghood idea. (You know, as a conclusion to the series to something).

Still, I don't think that answer means the end of KOTOR, to me, it seems like they've only just begun work on it, or perhaps, are about to. Or perhaps they haven't and only have the game in concept and nothing more.

Ya it raises as much questions as it gives answers. To me, it looks more like someone who is not authorize to say anything about the game (which normally is a good sign)...if you look just below in the interview, he quickly denies that they are not working on a JK sequel, which he does not for kotor.

oh and Hircine, thanks for copying word for word the newsbit I posted at http://www.starwarsknights.com.. :-

Well, to me it seems like a "Already working on it" kind of answer... rather than a "scrapped" one...

That's also what I got from it...

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Oh, and my interpretation was he knows it'll either be made, or is in the process of being outsourced to a developer to be made. His reply wasn't negative about it at all.

If he wanted to say it wasn't going to be made, he would have answered like he did the JA question. Something like "while we know the KOTOR games have received tremendous response, we currently have no plans to announce a third installment".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ya it raises as much questions as it gives answers. To me, it looks more like someone who is not authorize to say anything about the game (which normally is a good sign)...if you look just below in the interview, he quickly denies that they are not working on a JK sequel, which he does not for kotor.

oh and Hircine, thanks for copying word for word  the newsbit I posted at http://www.starwarsknights.com.. :thumbsup:

Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No one reads swknights.com.

Pray tell me; no that everyone is so inclined that K3 would be a tremendous cash cow to LucasArts; who would be the developer? Not Obsidian, not Bioware, but who?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Kotor is a money maker and if the powers that be want to keep making money from this series they'll make a sequel.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

"It better be made, otherwise Bastila Skywalker is liable to jump off a building. Do you really want that on your conscience, Lucasarts?"

In my opinion, this would almost be a reason at least to announce that KOTOR3 will never, ever be made. After the "tragedy", LucasArts could see the error in their ways and immediately start making KOTOR3. Yes, that would be good.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

"It better be made, otherwise Bastila Skywalker is liable to jump off a building.  Do you really want that on your conscience, Lucasarts?"

In my opinion, this would almost be a reason at least to announce that KOTOR3 will never, ever be made. After the "tragedy", LucasArts could see the error in their ways and immediately start making KOTOR3. Yes, that would be good.

Mean. Very very mean. :thumbsup: If Kotor 3 is made, it will be due, in part at least, to the enthusiasm for it shown by people like Bastila. LucasArts would be unlikely to make a game that no-one was interested in.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I don't really think it's that sad really...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.