Duke Nukem Forever Being Released

By the way, for those of you n00bz that haven't played the aforementioned "Blood", here's a lil' link to a certain abandonware site containing one of the best shooters ever made. Perfectly legal... or so I am told.

http://www.abandonia.com/games/103/Blood.htm

Download, install, and get ready to kick some zombie ass. :p

I like reading through the RPG sections.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Meh, neither Blood interests me, though before anyone accuses me of being n00b (ahem!) I played Duke Nukem 3d almost religiously at one point. Back in the good old days...

>c:\

>cd\duke3d

>duke3d.exe

That's how a man starts off a game, he commands the computer to run it for him! No ponsy click and "please open up ExtremoGore7, oh fair and cute and lovable PC? Pweatty Pwease?"

Well, I say a man, I was about 12 at the time.

Opps I suppose - that oughta turn me into a mass-murder. I actually left school early you know - I gunned down all the teachers and most of the pupils with an 7,62mm Avtomat Kalashnikova Obratza 1947 Goda -got I love that baby, such reliability and stopping power - and she tells me she loves me too.

Nah, I'm just joking, I don't really own an AK47, and actually would far rather get an AK74 instead. The arguement saying violent games = violent people is wrong, and I said so on the WB11 News at Ten! ...I'm sorry this is irrelevant isn't it?

Yes a lumberjack!

You're quite random, aren't you? :p

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, Duke is a man of word. That's gotta count for something.

"I'm going to rip off your head and sh1t down your neck"

I kinda liked Shadow Warrior better, though.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I didn't like Shadow Warrior as much.

Seemed like it just wanted to be gory for the sake of gore. Ironically, I was at an age when I thought gore was cool, and I still didn't enjoy it as much as Duke3D

You're quite random, aren't you? :p

Whatwhat? :devil: (w00t)

Nah, it's just the evening - sometimes I just hit a certain point and wheeee away I go... :p

...hmm... :devil:

Anyway, my favourite Duke quote

(After finding the mangled deceased corpse of a possibly recognisable character-from-another-game)

"...That's one doomed Space Marine..."

It's the little touches you treasure. :D

Edit: Actually concerning gore, I remember watching a TV report about (I seem to remember) a "Problem Child" and he was playing Duke3D - only with the parental lock on - so I saw him fire a rocket at one of those squid things...and it just vanished. "What a bloody lightweight!" I thought. Reminds me of my cousins (who were ever-so-slightly younger than me and also playing Duke3D) and they put a parental lock on and decided to make it more cool by having the password as some swear word - only they forgot it! Priceless :D

But ultimately, as far as firing rockets at one another - I actually really enjoyed Dark Forces more than both Doom and Duke3D. I used to love firing mortars, Assault Cannon rockets, or tossing Termal Detonators at Stormtroopers and seeing them flying through the air and sometimes hurtling off tall ledges. Sure, firing rockets at aliens or mutant zombie spawns of Satan and having them explode in redness and flying pixels may be more gorey - more realistic - and ooooh, more adult - I was actually left feeling slightly unfufilled... o:)

EDIT:EDIT: @Alunshu - that's it, you're right, "duke3d" did suffice ;)

Just I seem to remember with some games and applications, there were files with the same name but with different extensions, and whenever I tried to get away with leaving out the extension, all hell would usually break loose :)

Anyway, my favourite Duke quote

(After finding the mangled deceased corpse of a possibly recognisable character-from-another-game)

"...That's one doomed Space Marine..."

It's the little touches you treasure. :D

There was this map (can't remember if it was fan-made, but I don't think so) in which Duke visited the San Andreas Fault. Obviously, there were earth tremors, and in one of them, Duke said "I ain't afraid of 'quakes". I think that was triggered by entering an area that contained a lake with a Quake symbol made with different colours of the water texture...

They definitely liked liked to pick on ID.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Meh, neither Blood interests me, though before anyone accuses me of being n00b (ahem!) I played Duke Nukem 3d almost religiously at one point. Back in the good old days...

>c:\

>cd\duke3d

>duke3d.exe

That's how a man starts off a game, he commands the computer to run it for him! No ponsy click and "please open up ExtremoGore7, oh fair and cute and lovable PC? Pweatty Pwease?"

Well, I say a man, I was about 12 at the time.

Opps I suppose - that oughta turn me into a mass-murder. I actually left school early you know - I gunned down all the teachers and most of the pupils with an 7,62mm Avtomat Kalashnikova Obratza 1947 Goda -got I love that baby, such reliability and stopping power - and she tells me she loves me too.

Nah, I'm just joking, I don't really own an AK47, and actually would far rather get an AK74 instead. The arguement saying violent games = violent people is wrong, and I said so on the WB11 News at Ten! ...I'm sorry this is irrelevant isn't it?

Yes a lumberjack!

Is that a bullpup 5.56mm or an imperial .223? (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

People will really play this crap? :thumbsup:

(I don't expect you'll ever fully understand: you're missing a Y chromosome.)

Were the deadpan one-liner puns an homage to Arnie? I'm not sure, but did Duke actually say "If it bleeds, we can kill it!" ?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It would really suck if this were finally released, all the jokes were a lot of fun. :p

Who the crap plays Resident Evil?!  :p

Beats the hell out of me.

Eternal Darkness is the only good horror game on the cube as far as I'm concerned. :)

Out of curiousity though, I seem to remember someone telling me the Resident Evil 1 remake for the Cube is now somewhat hard to find. I saw a copy of it sitting in the case at the local Target...is it worth picking up?

The very first RE game (and it's remake) are fairly creepy. It was the first video game to honestly scare me, even with some of the worst voice acting every commited to 1's and 0's.

I played 2 and 3, which were action gore-fests. They were very different from the first game, and they were about pure survival.

4 is supposed to a complete reinvention of the genre and some have said, the best game ever released on the Cube.

I haven't played any of the Resident Evil games, being a youngling when they first came out, so my parents wouldn't let me play them evil rated M games.  Basically what I'm asking is:

Is it a good game?

Compared to Eternal Darkness?

It's a fantastic game.

And Eternal Darkness is in my top 10, possibly top 5 fav games.

I haven't played any of the Resident Evil games, being a youngling when they first came out, so my parents wouldn't let me play them evil rated M games.  Basically what I'm asking is:

Is it a good game?

Compared to Eternal Darkness?

It's a fantastic game.

And Eternal Darkness is in my top 10, possibly top 5 fav games.

Please to be not offended if I have a hard time taking your opinion about the Resident Evil games as objective.

I believe Ender well enough, though his opinions about Ninty make me upset.