Duke Nukem Forever Being Released

Of course I can.

3D Realms been bull**** us over Duke Nuken for a long time and how many Nuken Nuken spin-offs been released?

Just check GameFAQs for the names ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_Forever

Here some reading material, I remenber George Broussard "Take Two needs to STFU imo" with is so nice for the people that are paying for the bills, I dont blame Take 2 of milking the name since looking at the project time its the only way they get some of their investiment back.

drakron.png

But enter "Silent Hill" that was a survival horror as in horror, it was pretty hard to be afraid in RE since RE since its all the T-virus (or something) behind it as Silent Hill did the Hitch**** trick of leaving things a mystery.

As someone on the gamefaqs board explained it (and it's a good description)

Resident Evil is SURVIVAL horror.

Silent Hill is survival HORROR.

Each series holds part of the whole, but with no happy medium.

Silent Hill gone downhill from 2, SH4 was a very big step back and its only SH because Konami decided it was to be (project did not started as a SH title).

All series tend to go downhill.

As for ROOM 309 (the original title I think) it probably would have flopped without the SH name added to it.

It was rather bland.

Resident Evil is SURVIVAL horror.

Bio Hazard is inventory mangerment.

Silent Hill is survival HORROR.

Silent Hill (1-3) is me making a good simulation of a ass blaster taking off.

All series tend to go downhill.

I consider SH 2 as the best of the series, 3 was decent overall and very good at some points.

As for ROOM 309 (the original title I think) it probably would have flopped without the SH name added to it.

Silent Hill gets recognition because most survival horror games are more action shooters that anything else.

Making it SH4 was stupid, I got 1-3 and I started with 2 but I did not get 4 and will never get 4, from what I read most Silent Hill fans (that are many but not as many as Bio Hazard fans) did not like the "improvements".

I think it would have sold more without the SH name.

drakron.png

You fail at UBB

Hahahaha. :p

I think it would have sold more without the SH name

Clearly.

I consider SH 2 as the best of the series, 3 was decent overall and very good at some points.

That's because you played it first.

I prefer RE2 over RE1 because I played it first. It's the standard by which you will judge all others.

Ah yes, that makes perfect sense :p

Of course it does, years ago there was not such a push towards not having some content.

Take the issues that Rockstar taken with GTA:VC because the Haiti or Cuban community was "offended" by it.

Sex in game ... the only game I seen something close to it was in Mafia (that was not developed by a american company), The Singles and GTA:SA had sex but it was "edited out", when you have M rated games that have sexual themes but refuse to show then ... well its stupid.

Problem with the gaming industry its became just like the movie industry, thing are done to please certain demographics and some things are simply taboo ...

drakron.png

Ah yes, that makes perfect sense :p

Of course it does, years ago there was not such a push towards not having some content.

Take the issues that Rockstar taken with GTA:VC because the Haiti or Cuban community was "offended" by it.

Sex in game ... the only game I seen something close to it was in Mafia (that was not developed by a american company), The Singles and GTA:SA had sex but it was "edited out", when you have M rated games that have sexual themes but refuse to show then ... well its stupid.

Problem with the gaming industry its became just like the movie industry, thing are done to please certain demographics and some things are simply taboo ...

Sex in Duke Nukem?

Looked like a woman wearing a thong with a towel.

I see no actual sex. The closest one would be the peep show in the Red Light District (Episode 1, Level 2), and even then that's just a woman's head moving back and forth.

The only nudity in the game is when you get close to one of the "Killll Meeee" women that is tied to a pole, and you only see her after Episode 1

That's because you played it first.

I prefer RE2 over RE1 because I played it first.  It's the standard by which you will judge all others.

I'd like to point out that primacy isn't always a factor.

I started with RE then moved forward, but my favorite was RE3 until REmake came out.

It might be a factor in Silent Hill though, I love the first one... the second was a bit lame (might have appreciated it more if some fool hadn't spoiled it for me), 3 overdid the horror and it became too common.. 4 was a step in the right direction, but the NWN style gameplay killed the immersion.

I think primacy still plays a big deal.

Especially when nostaliga kicks in. (I think this has a lot to do with people loving the original trilogy so much more than the prequels, even though they too have bad acting and goofy romance dialogue and the like).

But of course it's always possible to recognize a future game as being better, and then it becomes the new standard bearer :p

I didn't care much for RE3....but I really liked RE2. But after playing RE2, I couldn't really go back and play RE1. The little things like actually being able to get a zombie off me in RE2 was appreciated.

My last time playing RE1, I was "juggled" between 2 zombies and there was nothing I could do about it. Basically, one zombie would attack, and when finished the other would attack, and then back to the first. It was so irritating that I just gave up, and have never played the game since. I have never beaten it :\

To be honest though, it's by choice.

Most games I prefer are PC games, and most of the console games that I am interested in playing have PC versions.

There's the odd game I miss out on, but meh. Probably better for the bank balance.

To be honest though, it's by choice.

Most games I prefer are PC games, and most of the console games that I am interested in playing have PC versions.

There's the odd game I miss out on, but meh.  Probably better for the bank balance.

Oh, I can understand that :p

I refuse to buy a console unless it has at LEAST 5 games on it I want.

Which is why I never bought an Xbox.

Because pussies run the gaming industry now.

Not quite. It's not pussies running the industry. It's pussies lobbying against games that are slightly not PC. The people who run the industry are just in that to make money, and they don't want their games bombed because they included features that pussies consider unacceptable.

On a side note, there is a mod to restore the "sex" minigame in VC. But from what I've seen, it was pretty lame.

PS. Darque, quit hijacking every thread into a discussion about RE. :p

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Less systems means less impulse buying too!

To be honest (and humble), I've been pretty happy with my game purchases over the past little bit.

Not many I can think of off the top of my head that I haven't enjoyed....

It's easier to be picky when not being blasted in 4 different directions from quality titles.

Plus my TV sucks. My monitor is seriously better, and it's just an ordinary 17" CRT :p