Duke Nukem Forever Being Released

I dunno, I do most my gaming on the PC, the Cube was just meant to supplement that, and use as a device to play with others, namely my siblings, and occassionaly what few friends I have.

I have at least six solid titles, that aren't 'remakes' any more than other sequels in a franchise are, in the case of Metroid Prime, even less so.

I haven't even bought any new games since I got the thing either, so there's still a wealth of stuff I want, but as a college student trying to find a job don't have the money for at the moment. The most recent upgrade was two third party controllers, for four person Super Smash Brothers Melee rounds. :)

Just because I like the series doesn't mean I can't be objective.

Resident Evil created the survival horror genre. (actually that honor goes to Alone in the Dark technically, but RE defined it and set the standard)

F-Zero, Super Smash Bros, Mario Party, Pokemon, etc. all were just as good, if not better in previous incarnations. They weren't really recreated for a new gen the way Metroid Prime was. Nintendo seemed content to just slightly upgrade the game and charge $50 again.

In other instances, they actually release old games and expect you to purchase them for a second or third time. And if that's the biggest feature of the Revolution is that I now have an opportunity to buy them yet again, color me unimpressed.

RE4 is now multiplatform.

That leaves Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime 1 and 2 as 3 seemingly must-have GC exclusives. Twilight Princess will probably make a 4th, and Mario 128 could have made a 5th. But the console has been out 4 years, and if you don't have at the very least, 1 must have title a year, I consider that poor support for your console.

I could make arguements that Sony and M$ had atleast 5 really incredible titles each year.

Nintendo fans like to defend the few quality titles they have, but it is clear they don't have the number of quality titles like Sony. Honestly, wouldn't we all win if Nintendo decided to release their titles on the PS3? They could innovate all day long, and have more power to do so as well. Furthermore, we wouldn't be stretched to buy 3 consoles.

REmake is a must have.

RE4 is crap, pass on it.... well unless you like action shooters.

RE4 is NOT survival horror... or any kind of horror.

Mikami made an actionflick instead of a game. <_<

REmake captured the creepy feel of the first game and added better graphics. But it is extremely faithful as a remake, and I would have prefered one willing to try and fix problems with the original.

The gameplay, setting and story are brilliant. The controls, and bad voice acting still haven't been fixed. I also might have preferred the ability to save the game more often, but maybe the lack of ammo and save opportunities is a part of what makes RE what it is.

Personally, I think it's unfair to compare Super Smash Brothers to Super Smash Brothers Melee, and say it's a repackaged version of the previous game. It's a fighting game, and it's second incarnation showed more evolution than most fighting game sequels do. There's a new adventure mode, which is kind of like the fighting modes in games like Double Dragon, only in Nintendo game inspired levels, the fighting system is much more complex, there's a lot more options for matches, and a host of unlockables that gives the game a lot of replayability if you're into that sort of thing.

I haven't played the new F-Zero, but everyone I know who has, agrees that it's much better than the previous incarnations, and most everyone considers it a must have title. I'm unfortunately too broke to get it right now.

I haven't played any of the Cube Mario Parties. I imagine they just added new games...what else is there to really do?

I don't really do Pokemon, so I wouldn't know.

Super Mario Sunshine is a fairly good Mario sequel, it could have been near perfect if the camera wasn't such a b!tch. I really like the Yoshis as well.

Wind Waker is a must have that you left out (IMHO), it's an excellent game, and feels like an actual world, and is visually spectacular.

Everyone I've talked to says the Viewtiful Joe games are awesome, I wouldn't know as I haven't played these yet.

People I've talked to says the new Harvest Moon is quirky, but very addictive.

I dunno, I just don't see the dearth of games everyone describes, maybe that's just because I bought into the system so late.

The controls are fine if you're coordinated :lol:

In fact they're the same as you'll find in RE4 (only difference there is camera angle)

As for the voice acting... the voice acting in REmake is miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiles ahead of the original RE (which I view as a comedy because of said voice acting)

Back to the controls... while they are hard to master, once you have them down they're easy to work.

And they're far more responsive than the original RE :)

In general, I have a big problem with games that have a fixed camera like RE and Onimusha, and where the analog stick is relative to where your character is facing as opposed to the direction on the screen.

I especially have a problem with it, when the camera jumps places instantly and you find yourself having to adjust. Gradual camera movements are far better than jumping from one stationary camera to the next.

I find it fairly hard to move or aim in games like those.

Despite my beef with the controls, I still love Onimusha and Resident Evil.

You still have to be pointed in the correct direction. The PS1 version (which I still own) was tougher because you really had to aim vertically and horizontally in the 3rd person with poor controls and no camera control.

I prefer ranged combat to be first person, personally.

I loved the first couple of times I played RE and thought a zombie was safely dead, only to discover it gnawing on my leg viciously a few sounds later.

Despite my beef with the controls, I still love Onimusha and Resident Evil.

Onimusha? Did you get the third one? Any good?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've seen a few trailers about the fourth one, Dawn of Dreams, and it looks fairly cheesy. Get this; the main character is some sort of half-demon, has horns, Cloud-like humongous sword, the other characters are even bigger freakazoids and they've renovated the special effects to the second potence. Gameply though, looks really good.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

RE4 is an RE in name only.

The game Mikami ended up creating was supposed to be a side story.

Capcom, desperate for cash, slapped a 4 on it in the hopes of boosting sales (along with their hyperkinetic ad campaign)

With any luck this will be the last game Mikami makes (well Killer 7 for the record) or the last RE he has any control over.

The series was, and should be, a horror series.

He was awesome with RE, he was ok as a producer for RE2... but he needs to stop making games like Uwe Boll needs to stop making movies.

Most of the reviews I read seemed to be from people who have played the earlier versions.

I've played 1, 2, and 3. I haven't played 0, or the spinoffs like Veronica, or whatever.

The only one I truly loved was the first one.

Yet you insist the only people who like RE4 (or 75% of them) didn't play the earlier versions.

I can't really comment on what RE4 is like. It seems universally accepted that it was a "departure" in the series (since you don't like the term reinvention, though I believe Capcom calls it as such).

With any departure, people will like it, and others won't.

You're the only person I've come across who doesn't however. Thusly, it would seem to me that you are in the minority.

Yet you insist the only people who like RE4 (or 75% of them) didn't play the earlier versions.

And that has what to do with your reivewers? :)

unless you're saying those reviews make up 100% of all the people who've played RE4 ;)

You're the only person I've come across who doesn't however. Thusly, it would seem to me that you are in the minority.

I never said I didn't like it.

I've said it wasn't a horror game (I call it an action shooter)

I've said Mikami is an idiot for making it a non horror game within a horror series.

I've also said it's a MGS fanboi's fantasy come true.

Hmmm... what else have I said... 7 am and no sleep, so memory isn't a very good function right now.

But I've never said I didn't like it.

Fail'd