Bruce Lee VS Tyson

Bruce Lee VS Tyson, who would win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Bruce Lee VS Tyson, who would win?

• Bruce Lee
    • Tyson

I could have sworn this was Obsidian Entertainment forum and not the "small-bus" gathering.

8 of you are complete morons and I've added you to my list of dumbest people on Earth.

For starters lets look at the question.. "Who would win in a fight? Mike Tyson or Bruce Lee?" I don't see anything to do with a boxing match.

Bruce Lee Kicks Ass in Real Life

These are a few of the fights that Bruce participated in the ring and out.

1958:

vs. Gary Elms in a tournament. (Won)

1958 or 1959:

Against Chung on a rooftop in Hong Kong. (Won in 2nd Round)

1960 - Seattle:

Bruce backfisted a guy and busted his nose after Bruce saw him harrassing a Chinese Girl. Bruce was taking a walk. This fight was witnessed by James DeMile.

1960 or 1961:

vs. Uechi. (Won in 10 seconds)

Summer 1963 - Hong Kong:

Bruce snapped a low kick to a punk's shin after the punk and his friend harrassed him during an evening stroll.

You morons would probably also say that an original Shaolin Temple Monk couldn't beat Mike Tyson. The same Monks who can control their internal heating to the point where everyone around them freeze to death (in a full winter suit) while they wear nothing but their Monk Robes.

You've lost my respect!

You morons would probably also say that an original Shaolin Temple Monk couldn't beat Mike Tyson.  The same Monks who can control their internal heating to the point where everyone around them freeze to death (in a full winter suit) while they wear nothing but their Monk Robes.

You've lost my respect!

Definitely. If I had to place my bet on a master martial artist or an expert boxer to win in a streetfight.. My bet is definitely going to the martial artist. Bruce Lee was able to knock out grown men with one blow.

I am surprised that Tyson even received as many voted as he did. This poll seemed like a no-brainer to me.

image002.gifLancer

I could have sworn this was Obsidian Entertainment forum and not the "small-bus" gathering. 

8 of you are complete morons and I've added you to my list of dumbest people on Earth.

For starters lets look at the question.. "Who would win in a fight? Mike Tyson or Bruce Lee?"  I don't see anything to do with a boxing match.

Bruce Lee Kicks Ass in Real Life

These are a few of the fights that Bruce participated in the ring and out.

1958:

vs. Gary Elms in a tournament. (Won)

1958 or 1959:

Against Chung on a rooftop in Hong Kong. (Won in 2nd Round)

1960 - Seattle:

Bruce backfisted a guy and busted his nose after Bruce saw him harrassing a Chinese Girl. Bruce was taking a walk. This fight was witnessed by James DeMile.

1960 or 1961:

vs. Uechi. (Won in 10 seconds)

Summer 1963 - Hong Kong:

Bruce snapped a low kick to a punk's shin after the punk and his friend harrassed him during an evening stroll.

You morons would probably also say that an original Shaolin Temple Monk couldn't beat Mike Tyson. The same Monks who can control their internal heating to the point where everyone around them freeze to death (in a full winter suit) while they wear nothing but their Monk Robes.

You've lost my respect!

Mike Tyson's fiery crazy would overcome a Shaolin Monk's Chi Powers any day.

I voted for Lee.

He never faced Evander and Lewis, when in his prime, those fights meant more to Holyfield and Lewis than they did for Tyson, he already had a legacY. Those two guys built their legacy's in the absence of Tyson and by beating a shadow of a fighter that was once considered the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world.

Errr, I wouldn't say either Holyfield nor Lewis built their legacy by beating the a shadow of a fighter that was once considered the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world.

Lewis seemed bored and dis-interested in his fight with Tyson.

But I'll admit, I'm not a huge follower of Tyson.

Although the few fights I saw of Tyson in his prime, his opponents generally seemed pretty intimidated. Although I did see him fight Buster Douglas. Douglas didn't seem scared and actually used his reach to his advantage. He frustrated "Iron Mike" and let Tyson take care of the rest. His frustration of not just walking over Douglas like every other fighter he fought pissed him off, and he played right into Douglas' gameplan.

KO'd Larry Holmes

Because Larry, at almost 40 years old (almost 20 years older than Tyson), and in his "fit" condition during the fight was clearly at his prime.

Holmes had the best jab in Boxing history and still he couldn't get to Tyson.

Yet lowly underdog Buster Douglas had no problems jabbing Tyson into a frenzy. But then I guess at the age of 34 Tyson was no longer in his prime (although a 38-39 year old Holmes still was??)

Spinks was also a man that didn't even try to defend his title after he won it! He came up from a weight class, got the title and refused to defend it, getting it taken away from it. Clearly a heart of a champion there.

At 35 (which is still apparently prime age since he hasn't hit 40 yet), Tony Tucker lost to a Lennox Lewis.

by beating a shadow of a fighter

What do you mean? Tyson still wasn't as old as Holmes when Tyson beat Holmes. He was still in his prime!

I have seen MMA plenty. And I don't think Bruce Lee is your standard martial artist. He defeated one of the greatest competetive martial artists in 10 seconds. Bruce Lee was one of the greatest martial artists of all time, where as Tyson was a one-trick pony.

Tyson hit harder than most people in the business. He usually won with a first-round knockout. Real boxers who jabbed Tyson, and really outboxed him, had no problem with him. A few idiots didn't take Tyson seriously and got knocked out.

I seriously doubt Lee would allow Tyson the opportunity to swing on him.

Since this is a fantasy fight, some rules have to be established. I think that is why the idea of a boxing ring has been mooted.

To allow each fighter to use all their abilities make it an MMA/UFC type match. Each combatant is at their peak, there are no rounds, no scoring, just fight till someone gets KO'd or submits. Kicks, punches, grapples and holds are permitted. No biting.

Ok given the conditions i set above; who would win?

I'm taking Lee 8 times out of 10 with both in their primes. People forget that Lee was so fast they sometimes had to slow his movie footage down. Still, if Tyson is lucky enough to land a good punch, he gets lucky 2 times out of 10.

With gloves, in the ring? Tyson, no doubt.

On the street, w/o gloves, Lee, maybe.

Remember Lee just barely beat Kareem, and K was a really skinny guy. Tyson is as compact as a tank, and would easily trash Kareem.

Should give Lee a nunchaku. Much funnier .. :p

N.

I can't argue with someone who has such a sexy avy.

My friend,so am I. :)

Tyson lose in sometime but Lee NEVER lose after he 24.

If Tyson is a tank Lee is an anti-tank missile :( .

Whatever you say,Lee always a king of fight so I adoration. :cool:

If I tell you I'm good

You would probably think I'm boasting

If I tell you I'm no good

You know I'm lying

---Bruce Lee

They live in different age,so it is no meaning to argue who can win.

I just know in Lee's age if someone say:"I'll KO you,Lee."He shall die.

Childish to say,if Tyson live in Lee's age,Lee must KO him,because Lee is go to his life and Kung Fu's zenith,no one can challenge him,it is very hard to improve himself.

By the way,Tyson hit by someone in the prison,so he no competence with Lee.

(a Chinese Jeet Kune DO student let me translate this one.)(My English is poor.I think you read this hardly.)

If I tell you I'm good

You would probably think I'm boasting

If I tell you I'm no good

You know I'm lying

---Bruce Lee

With boxing rules, Tyson probably would win. In a streetfight, however, Bruce Lee would kick his a$$.

With no arbiter to stop the fight, Tyson would kill Bruce.

You morons would probably also say that an original Shaolin Temple Monk couldn't beat Mike Tyson.  The same Monks who can control their internal heating to the point where everyone around them freeze to death (in a full winter suit) while they wear nothing but their Monk Robes.

You've lost my respect!

I almost took you seriously. Almost. :(

You forgot to mention ninjas, though.

People forget that Tyson is small for a heavyweight, weighing in around 225 lbs.

He weighs less than average because he's shorter. Not because he's any less compact.

Seriously, if you people think that Lee can knock out a professional, hardened heavyweight champion in one hit, you need to get out more, or watch more real martial arts fights. I'm not arguing that Lee could get in more hits, but when distances are shortened it always comes down to a blow exchange. And if Mike lands one, it's good night, Gracie.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Tyson's whole training as a boxer is to attack with power and speed but only with fists. He blocks like a boxer and expects to take blows to the upper body in highly regulated circumstances. Tyson blocks by a guard absorbing blows.

Bruce Lee fights with fists, feet, elbows, knees etc, is more spontaneous and there are no limits to what he can target his strikes. Bruce Lee blocks by deflection.

Unless it's a boxing match with the rules that apply, Bruce Lee would have the significant advantage. Tyson would definitely have the advantage of fighting without gloves, but that's about it.

If weapons are involved, Tyson would probably pick knuckle punchers. Bruce would have lots of other... options.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

People also forget the awesome power some martial artists can have in their punches.

Right. But Lee's muscles can deliver only so much power unless you believe in dragon power or some of that crap. And that much power is not enough to knock down Tyson unless caught by surprise/delivered from behind.

Tyson's whole training as a boxer is to attack with power and speed but only with fists.  He blocks like a boxer and expects to take blows to the upper body in highly regulated circumstances.  Tyson blocks by a guard absorbing blows.

Bruce Lee fights with fists, feet, elbows, knees etc, is more spontaneous and there are no limits to what he can target his strikes.  Bruce Lee blocks by deflection.

Unless it's a boxing match with the rules that apply, Bruce Lee would have the significant advantage.  Tyson would definitely have the advantage of fighting without gloves, but that's about it.

If weapons are involved, Tyson would probably pick knuckle punchers.  Bruce would have lots of other... options.

That shows just how uninformed you are. A boxer only blocks blows with his guard if he's either shortening distances to strike back, or trying to drain the opponent. Otherwise, he dodges.

Saying that a boxer is limited to his hands is not true. Watch more boxing. I'd still not face a boxer that had his hands tied to his back. He can still headbutt your ass to the ground without breaking a sweat. And he can bite your ear off! :(

I don't see why you would think that fighting without gloves is an advantage, since it's not the "pain" of the blow that knocks you out, but the kinetic energy delivered.

And, given the chance to pick a weapon, Tyson wouldn't pick "knuckle punchers". He would pick a shotgun.

"Street fights" lol...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.