Bruce Lee VS Tyson

Bruce Lee VS Tyson, who would win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Bruce Lee VS Tyson, who would win?

• Bruce Lee
    • Tyson

Lee is faster, and possiby stronger, with more skill to boot.  I don't know how well Lee could take a punch, but I'm largely unconvinced Tyson would land one.

Faster, that is debatable. Stronger... are you on crack?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

No, I am not on crack.

It has been scientifically shown that martial artists with far less muscle mass can better harness and channel their strength though efficient movements. Maybe Chi is a factor, or not.

You see those guys breaking 15 bricks with their fist? Most heavyweights couldn't do that, and the bulk of Jeet Kun Do is about harnessing such power.

It is said Bruce Lee could put his fist perfectly at rest one inch from a target, and in that one inch achieve more power than most people's best punches.

It has been scientifically shown that martial artists with far less muscle mass can better harness and channel their strength though efficient movements.  Maybe Chi is a factor, or not.

Efficiency and energy transferred are not the same thing. I'm not going to argue that Lee can do more with his muscles than Tyson could, but nevertheless, Tyson is stronger.

You see those guys breaking 15 bricks with their fist?  Most heavyweights couldn't do that, and the bulk of Jeet Kun Do is about harnessing such power.

I wouldn't know, I don't think one has ever tried. I think that has more to do with mastering pain than delivering a strong punch.

It is said Bruce Lee could put his fist perfectly at rest one inch from a target, and in that one inch achieve more power than most people's best punches.

No facts there, buddy.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Last time I checked, Tyson was getting knocked around like a child in his last 5 or 6 fights.  The only fights he won were in the opening two rounds if he suprised people with both speed and power.  Most boxing experts say he had little skill.

Tyson's only advantage in this fight is his ability to withstand a punch.

Lee is faster, and possiby stronger, with more skill to boot.  I don't know how well Lee could take a punch, but I'm largely unconvinced Tyson would land one.

If Tyson had died in his prime he'd be an unbeatable legend too. Ever wonder why we have weight classes? It's because even if a guy is pound for pound stronger than his opponent it doesn't really matter when the fists start flying. A good heavyweight fight usually last a lot shorter than those 13 round featherweight fights.

Breaking bricks is a gimmick; Tyson can break your ribs now, and could do the brick thing once shown the trick (if he couldn't just power his way though them). Lee was faster not stronger and their skill sets are a bit different as Tyson definitely has better punching skills while lee is more fluid, well-rounded fighter. Lee probably had greater endurance than Tyson but since we're talking Tyson in his prime it wouldn't matter.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Are people STILL trying to defend a fly weight win over a heavy weight?? Sometimes the stupidity of these forums amaze me.

Tyson is a guy who is (was?) trained to withstand punches from other fighters who weigh 200+ lbs, and yet you think someone who weighs around 126-145 lbs could knock him out! It could of course happen if Tyson had his back turned and Lee was holding a brick at the time..

An interesting read for all you Lee fans out there:

http://www.myodynamics.com/articles/bruce.html

Sure, Bruce Lee was a charismatic character, but comparing him to a (once) world class athlete in a weightclass almost twice his own weight is really getting ridiculous.

Please, go watch MMA (you know, the real thing and not a martial arts movie?) and see how many lightweights there are that can fight with the big boys (and YES, there are pure boxers in MMA too).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

130 pound squats? Jeez, I was doing 130kg squats, and I'm no heavyweight!

Hey, I remember Karateka! That was a great game!

Too bad about the testes thing, though (intestate); I guess that's why he only had one child (impotent).

Now Chuck Norris,he was a dude! (Apart from that terrible film Walker: Texas Ranger 3 ... but The Octagon was great.)

But mkreku, you are naughty:

... Once a martial artist reviews the reality of Lee's strength, aerobic capacity

and personal character, a sober question must be addressed: should Lee's

myth be actively deconstructed among novice martial artists? Perhaps not.

That may be a function of maturity and be better emphasized in the later

stages of training and spiritual development within the arts. Instead, people

need a visual image to connect to and, until they begin to see their own

selves in growing competency, may need the myth of Bruce Lee to sustain their

training efforts.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I disagree with the weight being an issue.

Fly-weight Chun Li obliterates Super Heavy Weight Edmund Honda.

I am not so sure Chun Li is a flyweight.. The woman's got some pretty thick mad legs :D.

But yeah, I could beat Honda with petite little Cammy. :thumbsup:

image002.gifLancer

It seemed a better comparison.  Balrog is based off Tyson, where as Liu Kang seems largely based off Bruce Lee.

I might be getting confused but Fei Long (the super street fighter II character) is a virtual clone of Bruce Lee down to appearance, fighting style and antics... More so even than MK's Liu Kang.

image002.gifLancer

It seemed a better comparison.  Balrog is based off Tyson, where as Liu Kang seems largely based off Bruce Lee.

I might be getting confused but Fei Long (the super street fighter II character) is a virtual clone of Bruce Lee down to appearance, fighting style and antics... More so even than MK's Liu Kang.

I stopped playing Street Fighter with the Hyper Championship Edition.

I stopped playing Street Fighter with the Hyper Championship Edition.

Ahhh.. that explains it. The last one I played was Super Street Fighter II with "The New Challengers" which included the Bruce Lee clone Fei Long, Cammy , and a couple others..

image002.gifLancer

Tyson never made and crazy lunges like Balrog(M.bison in japan) does, or that silly little hop. Bruce Lee never did a silly flaming kick straight up in the air like temperamental little Fei Long anyway, my favorite Bruce clone is the Law's from Tekken. Anyway I can beat any SF2 character with any SF2 character.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (