Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

you do of cource realize that Jolee would be Obi's ANH age (70 for those who don't know)

This I doubt. Episode IV takes place 32 years after Episode I (that's official and indisputable chronology).

So that cannot be true, unless you claim Obi-Wan was 38 in Episode I. I might accept that for Episode II, but not for Episode I.

Still, I don't blame you for thinking Obi-Wan is that old - it was really Lucas who dropped the ball here - either Obi-Wan should have been older in Episode I or it should have taken place much earlier. Obi-Wan looks pretty young in Episode I - I'd say he's definitely no older than in his 20s, which would mean he could be no older than his early 60s in Episode IV. He seemed a tad older than that when Guiness played him...

the first "explore everything figure out life" level could be running around the temple as a master's "chamber boy/girl". the master would depend. if you were a counseor you could be apprenticed to visas or Bao (they strike me as councelors) if your a sentinel it would be Bastila and mira if you were a guardian you would have Atton and Hanmaiden as your boss. Also You could (because your the first student) be a teaching aid to Juhani for lighsaber practice (ie this is how you get your first combat exp). in Bao's class you learn about inventory, Bastila teaches about the force, and so on and so forth. it would allow new players to learn how to do it but you could choose not to if you didn't want (beats paragus) then you go forth and save the universe

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

her are some ideas:

Start as an padawan on coruscant after a lot of training and i mean real training not a cutscene or the training as in KOTOR II you get a ship (a piece of junk which you have to repair) you have to do several missions to get the neccecairy items  and when you have all the items and when you are ready to leave in your ship (after a while you get an other ship (??the Ebon Hawk perhaps??) you make the choice of becoming ls or ds by taking a mission from the new jedi council to search for Revan and the Exile (LS) or that you meet a women with robes (hood-up) who tells break in to the Jedi Archives and steal every avalible information about Revan and the Exileand a map of the Galaxy as far as is know to the Jedi (DS). after leaving this planet in your ship you meet this women again and she will reveal her identity. Bastila! here she joins your party. You travel further but there is a malfunction in your ship and you need to make an emergency landing on a (as far as you can see) empty planet (you onboard computer doesn't detect any lifeforms) but when you land you meet a yoda-specie creature and both you and Bastila sense an extreem high force potential in this creature and after a missions to safe his family or something he will come with you.

LS: take him back to Coruscant and train him in the Jedi temple.

DS: take him to Korriban (wich is now deserted) and train him in the ruins of the Sith acadamy. You also discover new tombs of Sith Lords (one of the tombs is from Kreia). FINALLY the B*tch is dead.

I haven't thougth of the rest of the storyline yet but there are some extra features (some of them maybe already said):

- hood-up/down toggle.

- character customisation also the possibility to be an alien-specie.

- lightsabre customisation.

- dual layers of robes (outer layer can be trown off when entering combat)

- droid upgrade set for HK-47 to HK-50 (personality should stay the same but maybe extra options like more upgrades dedicated to HK-50).

- more different option when you choose male/female such as partymembers (like handmaiden/disciple (KOTOR II) and different types of gear such as outfits, helmet/visor.

- more classes like class changes for droids.

- the force sensitive feat should become a feattree:

>force sensitive - padawan - jedi knight : this way you can get a greater difference between padawan and jedi knight.

- new force powers:

> force absorb : allows you to absorb lightning and maybe other forcepowers.

> force relation : when you have a good relation with a party member of the opposite sex you can regenerate each others hit/forcepoints.

- new feats:

> weaponcrafting: allow you to build weapons

> mentor: available for the PC and it aloows you to take any teammember as a padawan.

this is it for now.

hey i didnt think that was such a bad idea

i liked it

question, how would kreia have a tomb on korribon? the place is over a thousand years old and there hasn't been any new construction on the sith academy, also when she did die she gets tossed into the heart of Malacor, wouldn't Malachor be her tomb? also i think that if you were to have mentor your party would need to have at least one other jedi master to mentor another char otherwise you would only have two jedi throughout the entire game

question, how would kreia have a tomb on korribon? the place is over a thousand years old and there hasn't been any new construction on the sith academy, also when she did die she gets tossed into the heart of Malacor, wouldn't Malachor be her tomb? also i think that if you were to have mentor your party would need to have at least one other jedi master to mentor another char otherwise you would only have two jedi throughout the entire game

Maybe the pieces of Kreia and adjacent M5 were folded through space-time and crash-landed on Korriban ... really deep, and at an angle so that the remains end up co-incidentally under another tomb ... o:)"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

They're not, that's why I said folded through space-time ... like a quantum wormhole (caused by the collapse of the M5 planet, or the shadow generator).

PS I wasn't serious.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

sarcasm is a beautiful thing. I wish that more Dark Jedi would explode in a blue ball of fire (like the emperor or Joruus C'both) and have it do damage for once.

O I registered on this forum just to make this one post.

1. Obsidion if you want to know what people want in KotoR II go the to forum for KotoR II and read the thousands of posts there Duh!!!! :p

2. The only, I reapeat ONLY thing that matters about KotoR III is that Revan is the main character and that HIS story contiues or ends. :D

3. Revan went to fight the True Sith so lets see it!!!! the Exile went after him so he can be an NPC or somethign.

I read like the first page of post for this subject and was sickened by the fact that I didn't see anyone posting that they wanted Revan back. :"> This is KotoR it is about Revan!!!!!! (w00t) If you want a NEW SW game ask LA to make one don't ask Obsidian to ruin KotoR by making it into one!!!!! :-

I read like the first page of post for this subject and was sickened by the fact that I didn't see anyone posting that they wanted Revan back.  :">  This is KotoR it is about Revan!!!!!!  (w00t)  If you want a NEW SW game ask LA to make one don't ask Obsidian to ruin KotoR by making it into one!!!!! :-

KOTOR isn't about Revan. It's about the Jedi Knights of the Old Republic and their struggle against the Sith. If it was about Revan, then KOTOR 2 would have had him as the PC, but it didn't. Not to mention the majority of the story had nothing to do with Revan.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I read like the first page of post for this subject and was sickened by the fact that I didn't see anyone posting that they wanted Revan back.  :">  This is KotoR it is about Revan!!!!!!  (w00t)  If you want a NEW SW game ask LA to make one don't ask Obsidian to ruin KotoR by making it into one!!!!! :p

KOTOR isn't about Revan. It's about the Jedi Knights of the Old Republic and their struggle against the Sith. If it was about Revan, then KOTOR 2 would have had him as the PC, but it didn't. Not to mention the majority of the story had nothing to do with Revan.

very good point GOA :-

I read like the first page of post for this subject and was sickened by the fact that I didn't see anyone posting that they wanted Revan back.  :">  This is KotoR it is about Revan!!!!!!  (w00t)  If you want a NEW SW game ask LA to make one don't ask Obsidian to ruin KotoR by making it into one!!!!! :(

No just everything behind KOTOR 2's story is about Revan.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

I read like the first page of post for this subject and was sickened by the fact that I didn't see anyone posting that they wanted Revan back.  :">  This is KotoR it is about Revan!!!!!!  (w00t)  If you want a NEW SW game ask LA to make one don't ask Obsidian to ruin KotoR by making it into one!!!!! :(

Not really. Kreia's motivations weren't about Revan. The Exile's motivation for seeking the Jedi Masters weren't about Revan. The political crisis on Onderon wasn't about Revan.

The main focus of the story was how the Mandalorian and the Jedi Civil war affected various people. Revan was involved in that, but so were a bunch of people. You could argue just as much that the story was then about Malak, since he's the one that destroyed Telos and Dantoine, making those worlds unstable.

Revan's part of the story was only highlighted at the end to give the story some "where did Revan go?" oomph to it. The vast majority of the story itself had to do with the characters' past and how they were dealing with it.

Saying the KOTOR series is about Revan is like saying the Star Wars EU novels post-RotJ were about Darth Vader. He's mentioned a lot, his actions are commented a lot, his affect on the galaxy is remarked upon. But each individual novel in the EU, while mentioning the above about Vader, were NOT about Darth Vader. Same with KOTOR. Revan's actions are mentioned, Revan's actions have long lasting effects, but the STORY is not about Revan.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

kotor was all about Revan. kotor2 really just gives you the option through out gameplay to find out more about what happened to him/her for the original game owners...remember when you first meet Atton one of the dialogue tree options says to the effect of, "I don't care about what happened to Revan."

I just hope that kotor3 identifies gender and status for Revan and Exile. As a pc, it was cool to choose whether to be male/female and light/darkside. With a new pc we should have that same option, but now it is no longer neccessary to continually make them open-ended characters. Make them npc's, if anything, and go ahead and update EU w/their bio's so we can start reading about them already.

Buddy bane there have been threads all over the place talking about the desire to bring back revan (gotta remeber this is part 7 they cut it off after so many pages)

Perhaps for a theme they could do recreation?

Not really. Kreia's motivations weren't about Revan. The Exile's motivation for seeking the Jedi Masters weren't about Revan. The political crisis on Onderon wasn't about Revan.

The main focus of the story was how the Mandalorian and the Jedi Civil war affected various people. Revan was involved in that, but so were a bunch of people. You could argue just as much that the story was then about Malak, since he's the one that destroyed Telos and Dantoine, making those worlds unstable.

Actually it goes much deeper than that. KotOR2 is about how the division among the Jedi during the Mandalorian Wars has brought them to the inescapable situation that we explore in the game. It goes a long way to underscore the points the masters have made along (and which Bastila mirrored in the first game) that fighting the Mandalorians to save the galaxy carried a much greater cost with it because of what it did to those jedi who fought in that war. Slowly the deceptions and motivations of both Revan and the true Sith are unveiled to the point where the soldiers of that war became nothing more than pawns in some great intergalactic game of chess. Revan made the same choice as Ulic (and Luke). Whether he will succeed or fail still remains to be seen, though he has clearly stumbled a bit on the way. It is a bitter irony that Malak's deceit may actually end up saving the galaxy because it has reminded Revan of who the real enemy is.

So though KotOR2 was carefully constructed to postpone the trouble of what Revan did in the last game and manipulated the story to a point, where your choice between dark side and the light becomes void for purposes of how the plot unfolds, I do admire how the whole tale has been spun - KotOR2 had to pick up on a tale that was already finished with very different endings and yet had to work for both and set up the circumstances for a third game. Plotwise this was done masterfully, though the execution and descriptiveness ended up as rather disappointing, since so much was cut from the game.

So no, the game is not about Revan per se. It's about what Star Wars is always about in the end - the struggle between the jedi and the sith (or good against evil, if you prefer...). Revan is a central character to that story, though, just as Luke was in the movies. So I would agree that we cannot have a KotOR3 without seeing Revan return. I don't feel it necessary to play him right from the beginning, though. We left Revan as powerful in KotOR1, and all through KotOR2 we heard about how powerful he was. Revan needs to be powerful with all capital letters when we meet him again, which leave little progress in the game. I'd much rather play a new character whose main goal is to actually find Revan, since only he can end the threat posed by the true Sith. Revan should become an optional main character when you meet him, and he should be the most powerful character you can play. He should also be dark sided and lethal to the player, however... Revan went to the unknown regions to confront the true Sith, but he knew he would have to embrace the dark side to do so, and so he left his friends behind to protect them. As Kreia would say, he did not so much fall to the dark side as he sacrificed himself to it in order to save the Republic.

Revan's part of the story was only highlighted at the end to give the story some "where did Revan go?" oomph to it.  The vast majority of the story itself had to do with the characters' past and how they were dealing with it.

No, hints about Revan's fate are all over the place from the very beginning. We knew that he flew the Ebon Hawk, so where is he? We soon learn that Carth is interested in the ship (if light side), which is an obvious reference to Revan using the ship. Anyone who played KotOR1 will pick up on that. Same goes for T3's secrets and the Bastila hologram. Getting hints to Revan's fate is as much a reward in the game as gaining experience levels are, and it's right there throughout the game. It wasn't just thrown in there at the end.

Saying the KOTOR series is about Revan is like saying the Star Wars EU novels post-RotJ were about Darth Vader.  He's mentioned a lot, his actions are commented a lot, his affect on the galaxy is remarked upon.  But each individual novel in the EU, while mentioning the above about Vader, were NOT about Darth Vader.  Same with KOTOR.  Revan's actions are mentioned, Revan's actions have long lasting effects, but the STORY is not about Revan.

Except there is an important difference - Vader is dead and gone in post-RotJ EU. He may be mentioned, but he clearly belongs to the past. The same is not the case for Revan in KotOR2 - he is still out there waiting for the time when the true Sith will strike, waiting to either save the galaxy or conquer it... It's always there in KotOR2 that Revan is not the past - he is quite clearly in the future, for better or ill...

O I registered on this forum just to make this one post. 

1. Obsidion if you want to know what people want in KotoR II go the to forum for KotoR II and read the thousands of posts there Duh!!!!  ;)

2. The only, I reapeat ONLY thing that matters about KotoR III is that Revan is the main character and that HIS story contiues or ends.  :D

3. Revan went to fight the True Sith so lets see it!!!!  the Exile went after him so he can be an NPC or somethign.

I read like the first page of post for this subject and was sickened by the fact that I didn't see anyone posting that they wanted Revan back.  :">  This is KotoR it is about Revan!!!!!!  (w00t)  If you want a NEW SW game ask LA to make one don't ask Obsidian to ruin KotoR by making it into one!!!!! :luck:

if Revan is the main character i will be very upset. Like Anakin said the game is not about Revan. He just plays a part in the story. We want someone fresh. Why start off and already be a Sith Lord? lame. and besides not all people that will play kotor3 would have played kotor 1 or 2. So it wouldnt be fair to them to play as a character they dontknow much about. And im sure they dont wanna take the time and learn all teh facts behind him.

I just came up with an idea. Why not be able to choose your past kinda. Cause i hated it how in the past 2 games. Everyone was telling me what ive done, and where i lived. I wanna choose my past and future. THEY are supposed 2 learn from me as well. Not them no my whole history.

I read like the first page of post for this subject and was sickened by the fact that I didn't see anyone posting that they wanted Revan back.  :">  This is KotoR it is about Revan!!!!!!  (w00t)  If you want a NEW SW game ask LA to make one don't ask Obsidian to ruin KotoR by making it into one!!!!! :-

Revan's part of the story was only highlighted at the end to give the story some "where did Revan go?" oomph to it. The vast majority of the story itself had to do with the characters' past and how they were dealing with it.

Saying the KOTOR series is about Revan is like saying the Star Wars EU novels post-RotJ were about Darth Vader. He's mentioned a lot, his actions are commented a lot, his affect on the galaxy is remarked upon. But each individual novel in the EU, while mentioning the above about Vader, were NOT about Darth Vader. Same with KOTOR. Revan's actions are mentioned, Revan's actions have long lasting effects, but the STORY is not about Revan.

As the True Sith are the True enemy of the game, Revan is the true hero of the games. Everything that has transpired in the games is mostly of his doing. As it was in his devine plan to destroy the True Sith.

Who themselves have done a grand job of hurting and destroying everything that could stand in their way without even making one simple attack. And who has gone to stop them if not Revan.

This is Revans story because it's his failure, his war, his sacrifice, his lose.

The True Sith were behind the Mandalorian Wars, badly damaging the Greatest army in the Galaxy. Revan found out about this enemy, and made a plan to stop them. To fall to the Dark Side, and conquer the Galaxy so that a grand army would prevail against this great enemy. However his plans went ill when he was captured and given a new memory. He in the end destroyed the very weapon he needed to beat the True Sith, the Star Forge. Now as he has slowly gotten is memory back, he now has to deal with his ultimate failure. Revans plan didn't end up being the Win Win situation he had thought it would be.

The Mandalorians are weak, the Republic is weak. In this time Revan knew that only he now was enough to stand in the True Siths way. So he left for the Unknown Regions, and hoped that Canderous and Carth would do their part to make sure the Galaxy remained safe and prepared.

However Still Revan is gone, and now thanks to the Exile and Kreia the Jeid and the rest of the Malak/Revan Sith are destroyed. With a Handful of Mandalorians and a small Republic fleet in the way. Who knows what shape the Senate's in.

So like it or not Revan is a big part of the story, for he is the reason the story goes on. Exile and Kreia just feel the middle part of the story, and in fact feel in the loose end part of the story. The story on a broader scale is about Revan and the True Sith.

KOTOR 2 must be completed