Heroes of Might and Magic

Don't bother getting both. Each HoM&M game is just the game before it with graphical enhancements. Just get 4 and don't bother with the previous ones.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I highly recommend HoMM3 or The Shadow of Death with armageddon blade if you can find it.

haven't tried in the wake of gods, but that looks cool.

or wait for HoMM5, the screenshots for that are looking awesome. sorry no linky ... just google I'm sure you can find one.

Don't bother getting both. Each HoM&M game is just the game before it with graphical enhancements. Just get 4 and don't bother with the previous ones.

Blasphemy! :blink:

Heroes of Might & Magic 4 ranks up there with Master of Orion 3 in sheer belovedness of sequels...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

III and IV are ok. Would have been better if they did the tech expansion rather than that elemental thing. Number V will probably be out fairly soon too.

They all get a bit repetative after a while since building is pretty formulaic. I'd personally stick to the Fire Emblem series now.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I meant Heroes.

BTW: Might and Magic VI was the highlight of the series. World of Xeen was great, though. I loved the whole series, except for the accursed Might and Magic IX.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I still have my install CD for Might and Magic VI, but I lost my Play CD. It's one of the few titles in the series I didn't beat.

And I do regret paying $20 for IX.

The series never evolved. Early titles were complex for their time, and good fun. But they never seemed to grow with the genre or industry.

HoMM2 > all.

The visual side to that game is sheer heaven.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

HoMM V = blasphemy.

If the HoMM fans had the same pedigree commonly found in the [in]famous Fallout fans, those russian developers would all be in the morgue by now.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

I'm just too lazy to follow basically any game at this point, but a 3D HoMM is, well... not HoMM. That's not to say it won't be good though.

Time will tell, I guess. It often does.

"3D HoMM is, well... not HoMM."

How come? If the turn-based gameply survives; I don't see any problem with modernizing the series. Especially with Nival on the reins. Now that is a good developer. Rage of Mages, Silent Storm, Nightwatch, Blitzkrieg; fantsy games, strategy, turnbased games. They have the means, now we just have to see if they can deliver.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Blasphemy! :lol:

Heroes of Might & Magic 4 ranks up there with Master of Orion 3 in sheer belovedness of sequels...

Sorry, I just assumed since 2 was 1 with better graphics, and 3 was 2 with better graphics that 4 was just 3 with better graphics. Never actually played 4.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

That's all too common here, talking without knowing jack**** about the subject. Not to worry though, you just gave your opinion. I meant no offence.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

3D Zelda will never work!  Zelda is 2D!  3D Zelda will suxxx!

Then Zelda: Ocarina of Time comes out and some people swear it's the greatest video game of all time.

It's definately up there.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

HoMM V = blasphemy.

If the HoMM fans had the same pedigree commonly found in the [in]famous Fallout fans, those russian developers would all be in the morgue by now.

There has been enough of a lapse in HOMM's popularity after HOMM III that even hardcore fans have waned in their fanaticism. Enough so that they could once again be excited by the prospect of a new HOMM, at any case, since it's been so long since the series saw anything of interest.

The same maybe said for Fallout, but for the persistence of strong Fallout communities like NMA. The great communities of the HOMM series, like H3Trio, AstralWizard, and the like, have all gone the way of the dinosaurs. Besides, one of the greatest HOMM III mods - in the Wake of Gods - was made by Russians. I daresay that there may just be a bit of hope in them to recapture the glory of HOMM II/III.

There are doors