Which causes the most problems?

When i first got the game i kept reading about all the problems people were having with the game crashing but i myself had very few problems. That was until i upgraded from Windows 98 to XP. Since then the game now crashes frequently. :lol: This has lead me to believe that the version of windows affects the stability of the game. So.....

What i want to ask is, for those with serious problems, which version of windows do you run?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

well ive allways run windows xp, and ive had it crash a few times and problems with the install, but nothing serious really.

It seems that XP is a bit dodgy, coz i know of a few other games that dont run at best on it..

Well as i said, it work almost perfectly for me on 98, now on XP i can't enjoy playing it because it crashes so often.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Yep, theres the point where I wish I had an XBox  :D

I do have an xbox and i have K2 for it but the load times are so long but that might also have something to do with my xbox being slow coz it does the same for Jade empire.

I'm considering going back to 98 so i can enjoy playing K2 again. <_<

Is your version of XP patched and up-to-date? I also run XP, and while I had the occasional frame-rate slow down (solved by changing the antialiasing settings), it rarely crashed on me.

You might need the native drivers for your video card. XP will sometimes "helpfully" install MS drivers for them.

Kotor2 offered only one challenge to my WinXP machine, and only because of the Radeon, I think. It still does on occasion crash if I get click-happy on the Save/Load or Equip screens. However, I have not installed Service Pack the Second and likely will not because of issues (undocumented features--LOL) it introduces with software I use daily.

There are a number of games, though, that do not get along as well with XP, and for those I keep an old Pent 500 running Win98SE with 16-bit disc structure and an Awe64 Gold for the joystick port. Gotta admit, at times it feels like an old friend.

Of course the big question is: Is your version of Windows XP a clean installation or an upgrade-in-place? Clean installations have always been the way to go with all versions of windows; upgrades frequently manage to be less reliable that the systems they replace...

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

you are also neglecting to mention if it is Windows XP professional or home, and whether you have Service Pack 1, 2 or both installed.

All of these factors make a difference.

How is your game crashing? What is happening jsut beforehand?

Most problems are graphics-driver-related. Make sure you have the most up-to-date driver, and if that doesn't work, roll back a version. (But always try the latest first, as it should be the most stable and include the most fixes).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Is your version of XP patched and up-to-date?  I also run XP, and while I had the occasional frame-rate slow down (solved by changing the antialiasing settings), it rarely crashed on me.

You might need the native drivers for your video card.  XP will sometimes "helpfully" install MS drivers for them.

I have the lastest drivers for my graphics card, it is a radeon though. :(

Of course the big question is: Is your version of Windows XP a clean installation or an upgrade-in-place? Clean installations have always been the way to go with all versions of windows; upgrades frequently manage to be less reliable that the systems they replace...

It is the upgrade version of XP.

you are also neglecting to mention if it is Windows XP professional or home, and whether you have Service Pack 1, 2 or both installed.

All of these factors make a difference.

How is your game crashing? What is happening jsut beforehand?

Most problems are graphics-driver-related. Make sure you have the most up-to-date driver, and if that doesn't work, roll back a version. (But always try the latest first, as it should be the most stable and include the most fixes).

Its the home versioon SP2. And the crashes seem to be random and occur in different ways. Sometime i'll just be running along or opening a container. Other time the computer just re-boots its self. :huh:

Win XP here, and it's never crashed yet. *knocks on wood*

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Luck you! It was like that for me but when i was using 98.

There you go. Always do a clean install when changing OS. I know there is an upgrade option but as an IT Support guy I can say it causes a lot of problems...especially for games. Microsoft are very brave to try having an upgrade option, but frankly I wish they didn't...would make my life easier! :cool:

There you go. Always do a clean install when changing OS. I know there is an upgrade option but as an IT Support guy I can say it causes a lot of problems...especially for games. Microsoft are very brave to try having an upgrade option, but frankly I wish they didn't...would make my life easier! :cool:

Well i guess i'll just have to wait until i get my new PC. Luckily i got it on Xbox too. :D